Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I came to post the same vid ^

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The more and more stuff I see the more I get excited. I will not lie I was in the boat that wanted something from Japan but this should be awesome. Regardless, the fact that there is a new setting and new character is reason enough for me to be excited. This should be $#@!ing awesome!!! The tomahawk is so bad ass btw. I can't wait to throw that bad boy for some stealth kills!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

3. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    Im not sure what type architecture colonial america had during this time. Sounds like a step back from Rome and Constantinople.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    This is going to be great, I really love the civil war era.

Super Elite
    So the epic conclusion takes place in America?... I'm very disappointed. I want a scenery change to something that was not more generic Western-style cities. Why couldn't we see the Alps or something? Assassin's Creed 2 was the only genuine change the series saw. The others are just too much of the same. This is why I dislike yearly releases.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    So the epic conclusion takes place in America?... I'm very disappointed. I want a scenery change to something that was not more generic Western-style cities. Why couldn't we see the Alps or something? Assassin's Creed 2 was the only genuine change the series saw. The others are just too much of the same. This is why I dislike yearly releases.
    We have no details of the game at all just the setting. How can you assume it won't be interesting? It's been 3 years coming and I doubt that this will be AC2.5 Who says the games ends after three? Maybe I missed that but I don't think this series is set to end with this one. I haven't played brotherhood and revelation so I don't know the story arch there but I don't think with Ac3 that this will the 'the end'.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    We have no details of the game at all just the setting. How can you assume it won't be interesting? It's been 3 years coming and I doubt that this will be AC2.5 Who says the games ends after three? Maybe I missed that but I don't think this series is set to end with this one. I haven't played brotherhood and revelation so I don't know the story arch there but I don't think with Ac3 that this will the 'the end'.
    The story they are trying to tell has to end before the end of 2012. That is why they had to release all the games before 2012 ends (hence the yearly releases). Going by that, AC3 will most likely be "the end"

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Assassin's Creed developers have been saying they have been rushing their games so that they can tie up the story's conclusion before the "December 21, 2012," mark, saying it would be akward to continue releases after the mark has passed in the real world.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

El Presidente
    ^ I guess I'll be the awkward one playing AC3 in 2013. That makes sense I didn't know.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style

Assassins Creed 3: Info Blowout – New Engine, Protagonist Info, New Camera, Animus 3

Added some more info:

We have a ton of details for you courtesy of Game Informer magazine, and this is shaping up to be the best Assassin’s Creed yet.

The goal of the development team was to stay true to the franchise, and try something new with the game as well. That’s obvious since this is a mainline Assassin’s Creed game.

-There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.

-The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat in to a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language in some scenes. Mohawk was the language of the native Americans.

-The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously, with the other spin-offs.

-They’re telling a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.

-The game will feature a new camera, which focuses to the best possible view of the action.

-The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.

-The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.
    Source

Assassins Creed 3′s official packshot was released yesterday and it apparently has a lot of hidden details. The game is confirmed to be set in the American Revolution with Ubisoft promising more details on March 5th, 2012.

For the full set of details click the above image. Some of the details we have listed below.

1. Inclusion of a native American tomahawk.

2. Bow and Arrows.

3. Inclusion of British Soldiers means there might be references to King George The Third.

4. Possible appearances from George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.

5. Redcoats might possibly be templars.

6. Indian spear.

7. Protagonist mostly looks like a native American.

Assassins Creed 3 is due for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC later this year.
    Source
    Last edited by Nuvian; 03-02-2012 at 18:37.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

El Presidente
    That would so really cool to have George Washington in here. They could do some really cool character appearances.

Elite Member
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465185

First screenshots.

The game looks great. Assassin sticks out though.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

14. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    El Presidente
    Nice! I see a dog in the first screen. Maybe far fetched but maybe you can have a companion to help you out? Just a thought.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    it! Nice screens. The most ambitious AC to date said Ubi,looks like it from those screens. I bet the map is HUGE.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Looks beautiful. *tear*

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

18. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    $#@! yes. Seriously, I'm so excited for this! I love me some AC

20. Likes Ghost likes this post

Leaked Screenshots

Last edited by grind187; 03-02-2012 at 18:12.

Elite Sage
    Looks good. Moving away from cities to forest, I can handle that.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    OMG Looks amazing!!!

24. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Added some more info:
    We have a ton of details for you courtesy of Game Informer magazine, and this is shaping up to be the best Assassin’s Creed yet.

The goal of the development team was to stay true to the franchise, and try something new with the game as well. That’s obvious since this is a mainline Assassin’s Creed game.

-There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.

-The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat in to a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language in some scenes. Mohawk was the language of the native Americans.

-The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously, with the other spin-offs.

-They’re telling a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.

-The game will feature a new camera, which focuses to the best possible view of the action.

-The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.

-The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.

- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for words rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.

- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.

- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere…

- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter.

- Fighting and stealth will be completely re-innovated, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a mohawk is now also an option.

- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.

- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.

- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.

- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.

- The Brotherhood, or Assassins Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.

There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.

- Den Defense will not return.
    Source

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Elite Guru
    sounds really good, but i thought AC 2 and the other was utter garbage. This one might be better than the rest, hope they show some type of game play at GDC or E3.

Forum Sage

IwanIwanIWANT IT

28. Likes Nitey likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    hell yea sounds awesome can't wait to hunt deers! i mean play it! lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    Oh.....My......God......

This game looks like it'll be the best Assassins Creed in the series. I can't wait to see all the new changes.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm really interested in seeing the direction Ubisoft will take with the story.

Also, the game has been in development since 2009, which seems fitting considering the last game in the series that I played was Assassin's Creed II.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Thread Information