Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Thats not a very accurate way of looking at it, first off if someone completed the the game in 1.5 hours then they really didnt play Journey, they might have completed it, but it would seem they missed the whole damn point of the game, personally I spent about 30 hours in total playing it and have yet to finish everything I want to, I know for sure that there is stuff I have missed.
    And this is a fair point as I will spend longer in game than the stated times shown for both examples given. However, what I said was taking it back to a very basic level of someone who goes start to finish and no meandering. This is based on my assumption of the playstyle originally given for the $60 for 12 hours play in the original example from Forcedme. Trying to incorporate what every one would do in game could lead to overcomplicated maths for a simple example. You may spend 30 hours in Journey, but then you may spend 20 hours in the $60 game (or only 8 hours). There is still a dollar per hour difference that you have to decide if it's worth paying for whether it favours the $15 or the $60 game.

Of course this can be mostly assumption and theory as you will have to base your decision on any previous experience of a franchise and reviews and the experience of other players.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Got the game last night. What an amazing and beautiful game it is. First game that's ever made me step back and just be amazed. The whole online thing actually works well too. Two complete strangers that can't really communicate, have a solid bond. Me and the person i played with last night followed, waited, called and just had fun with each other. What an experience. ~~Is Tapsatalkings

3. Likes Agriel likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Actually, I have all of the aforementioned titles, and I can say, that Journey is worth the money. If only for the fact that I like to see Indie developers A. Make something that is quality. B. Make money for their work. Also, how many of these types of titles are there? not many. It's also nice to see something that my wife will actually enjoy. The game itself is pretty amazing for what it is, much like Flower was. The length is not so important as much as that the time is enjoyable. Plus, maybe if enough people buy it we'll see more excellent productions like it from them and as a result maybe longer experiences. I felt it was well worth it!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    Thats not a very accurate way of looking at it, first off if someone completed the the game in 1.5 hours then they really didnt play Journey, they might have completed it, but it would seem they missed the whole damn point of the game, personally I spent about 30 hours in total playing it and have yet to finish everything I want to, I know for sure that there is stuff I have missed.
    Agreed. It all comes down to the experience the game provides, not its length.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

6. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I bet you say that to all the ladies

8. Likes Abdou23, Wrath likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Good game, gotta wait for a better price for me though.

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Is this the same crap as flower?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Good game, gotta wait for a better price for me though.
    its not just good game!! its absolutely awesome!
    IMO it worth its price more than many games today!!!
    last parts of the game is so beautiful...

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    We need more common sense posts like this around this place. Some don't consider games that take less hours to complete or are of smaller size as a game experience. Games like this prove there are AAA experiences in those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I really want to try this despite it only being about (from what I've heard at least) ~3 hours long.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    Looks like I'll need to pick this one up next time I get some quality time with my PS3.

Master Guru
    Journey looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    We need more common sense posts like this around this place. Some don't consider games that take less hours to complete or are of smaller size as a game experience. Games like this prove there are AAA experiences in those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Some people like that experience to last a bit longer. Yeah... it doesn't have anything to do with common sense. It comes down to individual preference. You might like games that are shorter that give a certain experience, I might like the exact same game, but wish it were longer for the money I paid. So I disagree with your assessment of that post being "common sense".

Master Guru
    Going to buy download this today

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    ... as a side note; one of my daughters completed Flower yesterday.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Some people like that experience to last a bit longer. Yeah... it doesn't have anything to do with common sense. It comes down to individual preference. You might like games that are shorter that give a certain experience, I might like the exact same game, but wish it were longer for the money I paid. So I disagree with your assessment of that post being "common sense".
    No worries....we can't always agree!

I have decided after seeing more and more people completing the game in 2 hours that I won't be dropping $15 for this I am afraid. I will await a PSN sale. Or SEN...whatever it is called now.

has anyone played it yet???? I'm with all the other followers that are skeptical to buy since its 2-3 hours long. I really want people to say its good since the game looks amazing

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by DubSackDave View Post
    has anyone played it yet???? I'm with all the other followers that are skeptical to buy since its 2-3 hours long. I really want people to say its good since the game looks amazing
    The game is an amazing experience. It is 2-3 hours but I'm sure everyone will beat it more then once. I've beaten it about 5 times and will beat it a few more times. If you explore and enjoy the sights then it'll last longer then the 2-3 hour mark. If you think 15 bucks isn't worth a short game like that then wait until it's for sale but don't miss out on it.

Superior Member
    talking about games that last only two to three hours, remember lylat wars on the n64? that was full price but could be completed in one sitting but i loved it, completed it many times.

Super Elite
    I was able to play for about 40 minutes before going to work. It is a beautiful game. I encountered another player and he/she and I floated around, hooting and hollering at each other, giving each other boosts so that we could jump into the air and soar about before landing on giant hills of sand and surfing beside each other. I think his connection was terminated, though, because at one point his character suddenly keeled over, achieving a face-plant in the sand, and seemed to melt into the sand. There were also these little carpet creatures that reminded me of dolphins, who would sound at you regardless of whether or not you called to them first. They were very life-like, almost serpentine, and were extremely convincing in their effect.

I won't reveal too more of my adventures, but within those first 40 minutes I was more than pleased with my purchase. I look forward to playing more of it when I get some free time.

Dedicated Member
    I think it comes down to how you play other open world games. If you like to look around and collect things and whatnot then Journey will be worth the $15 (Not 1 - 3 hours) If you're the type to rip through a game because you like to push the story forward at all times or just don't have a lot of time to game then it's probably not going to be worth it.

EDIT: I'm still on the fence personally.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Forum Guru
    The game is absolutely beautiful. The sand is especially beautiful because it's actually individual grain of sand being pushed around and flowing with the wind while glistening under the sun. It makes the world look like a believable real location, and going through the journey is really like traversing a real magical world.

In many ways, this game is like Immortall, but where Immortall is about protecting something that you love, Journey is about the people you meet and the adversity/beauty of the journey itself.

Apprentice

I haven't gotten this one yet but I intend to. It's really good to see such high scores for it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    amazing game. bought it this afternoon...looks beautiful. love communicating through sound. finding a partner and sticking together, helping each other survive the elements...incredible value for a tenna. one of my fave games this gen.

The dude abides....

28. Likes Ghost likes this post

PSN ID
    RipleyExile
    Got the last trophy last night. I'm still wandering around the world all decked out in my white clobber seeing who's around to pair up with. It may be only a short game, but there is still some emotional response that keeps dragging me back to play time after time. I'm very happy to have invested 10 in this game and hope that there will be more to follow.

Thread Information