Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

    Most screwed up legal case ever. LAPD.



    This makes me sick. All this BS with the police is making me lose more and more respect for them.

    It's 41:15 long but it's well worth the watch.

    Description: Did an LAPD cover-up keep an innocent man in prison for 26 years? "48 Hours Mystery" correspondent Erin Moriarty investigates.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  2. #2
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,911
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    15,719 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cue the flood of "all police are evil" posts.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  3. #3
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,085
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    23,924 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    tl;dw.

    Cue F34R.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  4. Likes Inzane2050 likes this post
  5. #4
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Fear can't say $#@!, it is blatantly clear the LAPD detective fixed the case.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  6. #5
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,034
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,634 (0 Banked)



  7. #6
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    yep, every policeman is a piece of $#@! because the LAPD is worthless...


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  8. #7
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Watching it now...




  9. #8
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Interesting case for sure. Seems like a lot of things were done wrong there, that would have created reasonable doubt. I wouldn't say he didn't do it, but with what was presented, the Det. created a mess that was easily untangled once someone looked into it. I have to question why ANY of this wasn't brought up in court by this guys lawyer. Any first year paralegal coulda gotten that $#@! thrown out.

    As for bash's comment about me not being able to say $#@!.. .wtf? Why is it assumed that I'm going to come in here and take sides with a cop? $#@! that. You say you it makes you sick, and you lose respect, etc., but yet, you take this COP from within the LAPD and believe his story... you make no sense at all with that. Anyways, I've never done, said, or hinted at being anything except impartial when it comes to these discussions regardless of the bull $#@! police bashing that goes on.
    Last edited by F34R; 03-02-2012 at 04:44.




  10. #9
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,034
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,634 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    yep, every policeman is a piece of $#@! because the LAPD is worthless...

  11. #10
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    well i was joking, my dad has been a sheriff for over 30 years, i've grown up around them. but reading sarcasm isn't easy. i wasn't joking about the LAPD, well a lot of them anyways


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  12. #11
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,860
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    6,745,029 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There are good cops out there, but there is sure as $#@! a hell of a lot of slimey ass holes with a badge too. In an ideal world all cops would be just people, with principles, but many of them are psychos and egotistical power trippers.

  13. #12
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,034
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,634 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    well i was joking, my dad has been a sheriff for over 30 years, i've grown up around them. but reading sarcasm isn't easy. i wasn't joking about the LAPD, well a lot of them anyways
    I knew you were joking. I just wanted to put that out there since its one of the few things that make me smile when I think of California.

  14. #13
    Veteran
    DINAMO788's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,929
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    6,498 (0 Banked)
    Items Arsenal
    Well that was a good video to watch. I wish people werent so quick to rush to conclusion on everything though. This case seems pretty clear cut to me. I wish i knew the motive of the detective and the higher ups for their horrible actions. But dont give me any of that "all this BS with police...." crap. for all you know these kinds of things represent a very tiny minority of cases. when they happen they are reprehensible but to discredit law enforcement altogether is short sighted. If anything, this cases showcases how there are both good cops and bad cops. The one LAPD officer risked his whole career because he believed so strongly in justice. How many of you who judge law enforcement so harshly would have done the same? Also, i dont know why people like to go after F34R so much. I assume because they also like to jump to conclusions and are short sighted. He's not going to take the side of the police every time, He just has a wider outlook at many people seem to overlook.
    I also want to know why Lisker's defense lawyers didnt test the evidence.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 03-02-2012 at 06:25.

  15. #14
    Veteran
    bash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Age
    21
    Posts
    4,531
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    1,736 (4,812 Banked)
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Interesting case for sure. Seems like a lot of things were done wrong there, that would have created reasonable doubt. I wouldn't say he didn't do it, but with what was presented, the Det. created a mess that was easily untangled once someone looked into it. I have to question why ANY of this wasn't brought up in court by this guys lawyer. Any first year paralegal coulda gotten that $#@! thrown out.

    As for bash's comment about me not being able to say $#@!.. .wtf? Why is it assumed that I'm going to come in here and take sides with a cop? $#@! that. You say you it makes you sick, and you lose respect, etc., but yet, you take this COP from within the LAPD and believe his story... you make no sense at all with that. Anyways, I've never done, said, or hinted at being anything except impartial when it comes to these discussions regardless of the bull $#@! police bashing that goes on.
    Because you have a history of taking side with the cops (from past threads I've read).

    Anyways, I don't think it's easy to get it throw out of court with detective testifying and creating $#@! up to make him look like a criminal and them bribing an inmate to create false confession.
    Last edited by bash; 03-02-2012 at 08:18.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

  16. #15
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,081
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    22,087 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Whenever I read a facebook status that degrades cops for no good reason, I'll show them this video, thanks.


  17. #16
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,125
    Rep Power
    245
    Points
    149,334 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    Because you have a history of taking side with the cops (from past threads I've read).

    Anyways, I don't think it's easy to get it throw out of court with detective testifying and creating $#@! up to make him look like a criminal and them bribing an inmate to create false confession.
    You make it sound like I've unjustly taken the side of someone in a situation just because they are a cop. HELL NO. Never. I've just given my input on different situations that have been posted here from a law enforcement perspective and my experience of 13 years in this profession.

    Anyways, there are a number of things that immediately stick out. Testifying that the shirt had blood all over it, when it clearly didn't. I mean, once you get the discovery (that's when the prosecution has to give the defense ALL their evidence, witnesses, etc.) you would clearly see that there isn't any blood on it at all. Easily rebutted. I mean seriously. Then you have the shoe prints. When the defense starts its case, it's another simple question to ask. WHO matched the shoe prints? Um, no one? Ok, shoe prints are out... etc. I mean, that's enough right there for reasonable doubt.
    That destroys the detectives credibility easily... Ridiculous that he was convicted without any real evidence.




  18. #17
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,475
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    18,170 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    This is sad. But i don't think he's the only one!! we live in a corrupted world, that only when you step on people you can get up!! In Egypt, the same thing happens, but they can't fight back!!




  19. #18
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I knew you were joking. I just wanted to put that out there since its one of the few things that make me smile when I think of California.
    well it's a damn good one to pull out


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  20. #19
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I always think of LAP dancers when I see LAPD.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.