Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style

Most screwed up legal case ever. LAPD.

This makes me sick. All this BS with the police is making me lose more and more respect for them.

It's 41:15 long but it's well worth the watch.

Description: Did an LAPD cover-up keep an innocent man in prison for 26 years? "48 Hours Mystery" correspondent Erin Moriarty investigates.
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cue the flood of "all police are evil" posts.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    tl;dw.

Cue F34R.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

4. Likes Inzane2050 likes this post
    Veteran
    Fear can't say $#@!, it is blatantly clear the LAPD detective fixed the case.

Forum Sage

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    yep, every policeman is a piece of $#@! because the LAPD is worthless...

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Watching it now...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Interesting case for sure. Seems like a lot of things were done wrong there, that would have created reasonable doubt. I wouldn't say he didn't do it, but with what was presented, the Det. created a mess that was easily untangled once someone looked into it. I have to question why ANY of this wasn't brought up in court by this guys lawyer. Any first year paralegal coulda gotten that $#@! thrown out.

As for bash's comment about me not being able to say $#@!.. .wtf? Why is it assumed that I'm going to come in here and take sides with a cop? $#@! that. You say you it makes you sick, and you lose respect, etc., but yet, you take this COP from within the LAPD and believe his story... you make no sense at all with that. Anyways, I've never done, said, or hinted at being anything except impartial when it comes to these discussions regardless of the bull $#@! police bashing that goes on.
    Last edited by F34R; 03-02-2012 at 04:44.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    yep, every policeman is a piece of $#@! because the LAPD is worthless...

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    well i was joking, my dad has been a sheriff for over 30 years, i've grown up around them. but reading sarcasm isn't easy. i wasn't joking about the LAPD, well a lot of them anyways

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There are good cops out there, but there is sure as $#@! a hell of a lot of slimey ass holes with a badge too. In an ideal world all cops would be just people, with principles, but many of them are psychos and egotistical power trippers.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    well i was joking, my dad has been a sheriff for over 30 years, i've grown up around them. but reading sarcasm isn't easy. i wasn't joking about the LAPD, well a lot of them anyways
    I knew you were joking. I just wanted to put that out there since its one of the few things that make me smile when I think of California.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Well that was a good video to watch. I wish people werent so quick to rush to conclusion on everything though. This case seems pretty clear cut to me. I wish i knew the motive of the detective and the higher ups for their horrible actions. But dont give me any of that "all this BS with police...." crap. for all you know these kinds of things represent a very tiny minority of cases. when they happen they are reprehensible but to discredit law enforcement altogether is short sighted. If anything, this cases showcases how there are both good cops and bad cops. The one LAPD officer risked his whole career because he believed so strongly in justice. How many of you who judge law enforcement so harshly would have done the same? Also, i dont know why people like to go after F34R so much. I assume because they also like to jump to conclusions and are short sighted. He's not going to take the side of the police every time, He just has a wider outlook at many people seem to overlook.
    I also want to know why Lisker's defense lawyers didnt test the evidence.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 03-02-2012 at 06:25.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Interesting case for sure. Seems like a lot of things were done wrong there, that would have created reasonable doubt. I wouldn't say he didn't do it, but with what was presented, the Det. created a mess that was easily untangled once someone looked into it. I have to question why ANY of this wasn't brought up in court by this guys lawyer. Any first year paralegal coulda gotten that $#@! thrown out.

As for bash's comment about me not being able to say $#@!.. .wtf? Why is it assumed that I'm going to come in here and take sides with a cop? $#@! that. You say you it makes you sick, and you lose respect, etc., but yet, you take this COP from within the LAPD and believe his story... you make no sense at all with that. Anyways, I've never done, said, or hinted at being anything except impartial when it comes to these discussions regardless of the bull $#@! police bashing that goes on.
    Because you have a history of taking side with the cops (from past threads I've read).

Anyways, I don't think it's easy to get it throw out of court with detective testifying and creating $#@! up to make him look like a criminal and them bribing an inmate to create false confession.
    Last edited by bash; 03-02-2012 at 08:18.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Whenever I read a facebook status that degrades cops for no good reason, I'll show them this video, thanks.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by bash View Post
    Because you have a history of taking side with the cops (from past threads I've read).

Anyways, I don't think it's easy to get it throw out of court with detective testifying and creating $#@! up to make him look like a criminal and them bribing an inmate to create false confession.
    You make it sound like I've unjustly taken the side of someone in a situation just because they are a cop. HELL NO. Never. I've just given my input on different situations that have been posted here from a law enforcement perspective and my experience of 13 years in this profession.

Anyways, there are a number of things that immediately stick out. Testifying that the shirt had blood all over it, when it clearly didn't. I mean, once you get the discovery (that's when the prosecution has to give the defense ALL their evidence, witnesses, etc.) you would clearly see that there isn't any blood on it at all. Easily rebutted. I mean seriously. Then you have the shoe prints. When the defense starts its case, it's another simple question to ask. WHO matched the shoe prints? Um, no one? Ok, shoe prints are out... etc. I mean, that's enough right there for reasonable doubt.
    That destroys the detectives credibility easily... Ridiculous that he was convicted without any real evidence.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    This is sad. But i don't think he's the only one!! we live in a corrupted world, that only when you step on people you can get up!! In Egypt, the same thing happens, but they can't fight back!!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I knew you were joking. I just wanted to put that out there since its one of the few things that make me smile when I think of California.
    well it's a damn good one to pull out

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I always think of LAP dancers when I see LAPD.

Thread Information