Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 104
  1. #76
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Exactly.


    In a context, yes it is a failure. If it were a title that didn't have such a huge funding, it would've been great...but for what they paid for, they didn't exactly get all that much out of it. I doubt even BF3 needed 40 million to be made and that probably has twice the sales of KZ2.


    I'm not sure what you consider bashing. Is criticizing a game bashing? If so, ok I'm bashing it.

    And if you can't compare the both then how can you say that BF3 is easier lol. Have you ever played BF3? Try playing the hardcore mode and say that again. You won't last a minute.
    first of all i do have BF3,MW3,KZ3 And KZ2

    and you're just picking the game that you like and raising it up high while putting the one that you don't like down the ground

    just that you can say your opinion, so do I

    and i don't want to start an argument about a bloody video game
    Last edited by The Cage; 03-06-2012 at 01:54.

  2. #77
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,917 (0 Banked)
    Sufi, it just looks like you're giving preference to the game you like over the game you don't like at this point. Not sure about everything else Cage has said, but I think he may have got that part right.

    There are plenty of games I don't like, and I know there are others who do like it. I don't view Killzone as a failure, and a few others don't either.

    It's one opinion against the other.

    Also, the FPS shooter genre would still be saturated without Killzone. So, that's not really the fault of Sony or Guerilla Games.

  3. #78
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,818
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    first of all i do have BF3,MW3,KZ3 And KZ2

    and you're just picking the game that you like and raising it up high while putting the one that you don't like down the ground

    just that you can say your opinion, so do I

    and i don't want to start an argument about a bloody video game
    I didn't start an argument with you. I posted my opinion as to where Sony needs to focus more and you came in and started this discussion with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Sufi, it just looks like you're giving preference to the game you like over the game you don't like at this point. Not sure about everything else Cage has said, but I think he may have got that part right.

    There are plenty of games I don't like, and I know there are others who do like it. I don't view Killzone as a failure, and a few others don't either.

    It's one opinion against the other.

    Also, the FPS shooter genre would still be saturated without Killzone. So, that's not really the fault of Sony or Guerilla Games.
    If that were true then why would I praise some of the games that Sony published? I'm primarily talking about the fact that Sony shooters are decent at best and why they need to change their direction.

    I just happen to pick BF3 because this is a game I'm playing atm. I had game-breaking issues with BC2 and BC1 as well. I have also had issues with COD games...at the same time, I have liked Black Ops and COD4. Point is, I could make other examples, BF3 is the most relevant because it's out now.

    Maybe they should make an RTS KZ game, seriously that would be so awesome. I'm not blaming Sony for the saturation of this market but I'm saying that if it is saturated and they can't seem to find a foothold...maybe they should try things they're better at.

  4. #79
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,614
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    31,710 (0 Banked)
    Sorry you feel that way Sufi but Killzone 3 is an incredible multiplayer game. The masses agree.

    I did play Killzone 2 more though overall. Just too many shooters out there to really spend all your time on one these days.


  5. #80
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,364
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,032 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Sorry you feel that way Sufi but Killzone 3 is an incredible multiplayer game. The masses agree.

    I did play Killzone 2 more though overall. Just too many shooters out there to really spend all your time on one these days.
    There's nothing wrong with agreeing with the masses every now and then but no one's opinion should be less important if they happen to be part of a minority. You can't expect everyone to like the game.
    Last edited by Black; 03-06-2012 at 07:41.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  6. #81
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,198 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Sufi, you've been here long enough to know you can't not like a Sony exclusive or you upset that special group of boys

  7. Likes Wrath wishes they had posted this first.
  8. #82
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I didn't start an argument with you. I posted my opinion as to where Sony needs to focus more and you came in and started this discussion with me.

    If that were true then why would I praise some of the games that Sony published? I'm primarily talking about the fact that Sony shooters are decent at best and why they need to change their direction.

    I just happen to pick BF3 because this is a game I'm playing atm. I had game-breaking issues with BC2 and BC1 as well. I have also had issues with COD games...at the same time, I have liked Black Ops and COD4. Point is, I could make other examples, BF3 is the most relevant because it's out now.

    Maybe they should make an RTS KZ game, seriously that would be so awesome. I'm not blaming Sony for the saturation of this market but I'm saying that if it is saturated and they can't seem to find a foothold...maybe they should try things they're better at.
    You're the one who started saying that it failed and you kept saying it over and over

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Sufi, you've been here long enough to know you can't not like a Sony exclusive or you upset that special group of boys

    Speech is silver, silence is golden my friend
    Last edited by The Cage; 03-06-2012 at 11:21.

  9. #83
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,198 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Not on here it's not.
    Last edited by Noxia; 03-06-2012 at 11:39.

  10. #84
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,818
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Sufi, you've been here long enough to know you can't not like a Sony exclusive or you upset that special group of boys
    and I would criticize any other company or game the same way I did here. I do notice more opposition when it comes to Sony.

    I still believe that imo Sony has the best games but there's definitely a lack of focus on some parts of their development...which I pointed out.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    You're the one who started saying that it failed and you kept saying it over and over
    I only kept saying it over and over again because you guys kept denying it over and over again.

  11. #85
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,198 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Remember the thread about Crysis 2 V Killzone graphics? They all came out the woodwork then. Truly pathetic and sadly something I notice that is prevalent on video game forums. I guess its just the nature of the beast.

  12. #86
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and I would criticize any other company or game the same way I did here. I do notice more opposition when it comes to Sony.

    I still believe that imo Sony has the best games but there's definitely a lack of focus on some parts of their development...which I pointed out.

    I only kept saying it over and over again because you guys kept denying it over and over again.
    You say it failed...

    We say it didn't.


  13. #87
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    IMO, the game itself did not fail in sales. The campaign was good. But the multiplayer is fail, and has little to no community left. Similar to my beloved Medal of Honor...which I love the multiplayer...but apparently I am in the minority, because there are only hundreds of players on at any given time

  14. #88
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    1,452 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    There's nothing wrong with agreeing with the masses every now and then but no one's opinion should be less important if they happen to be part of a minority. You can't expect everyone to like the game.
    Ironically Sufi is throwing everyone's opinion who liked it to the side while stating his as fact.


    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Sufi, you've been here long enough to know you can't not like a Xbox exclusive or you upset that special group of boys
    Fixed that for ya.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  15. Likes ps3isawesome wishes they had posted this first.
  16. #89
    Forum Guru
    ps3isawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,716
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    2,838 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    IMO, the game itself did not fail in sales. The campaign was good. But the multiplayer is fail, and has little to no community left. Similar to my beloved Medal of Honor...which I love the multiplayer...but apparently I am in the minority, because there are only hundreds of players on at any given time
    I dont agree about Kz3 multi but MoH OH MY GOD that multiplayer is terrible!!
    Vengeful is amazing<3


  17. #90
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Well there is no disagreeing on the online populations for the games, they are dismal on both. Though I love MoH.

    TapaTit

  18. #91
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,818
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Ironically Sufi is throwing everyone's opinion who liked it to the side while stating his as fact.
    I guess I should start adding "IMO" at the end of every post then.

  19. #92
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I guess I should start adding "IMO" at the end of every post then.
    I tried that once. It didn't work


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  20. #93
    Forum Sage
    Noxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, South West
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,719
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    6,198 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Ironically Sufi is throwing everyone's opinion who liked it to the side while stating his as fact.




    Fixed that for ya.
    I've been here long enough to see the worst of both sets of manchilds and I can't say one is worse than the other, although bringing that console into the convo speaks volumes

  21. #94
    ***** dweller
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,094
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    105,012 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3isawesome View Post
    I dont agree about Kz3 multi but MoH OH MY GOD that multiplayer is terrible!!
    Medal of Honor multiplayer was a sniper fest and got rather dull after a while. I still think that Killzone 3's multiplayer is terrible but that's probably because I expected an improvement over Killzone 2 which was very enjoyable. I can't help but feel like they back stabbed the Killzone 2 community by trying to make the game more casual friendly. It just didn't feel like the Killzone game I came to enjoy. One thing I loved however was operations but it had very limited maps to support it.







  22. Likes Zswordsman wishes they had posted this first.
  23. #95
    Dedicated Member
    Zswordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tacoma
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,557 (0 Banked)
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Medal of Honor multiplayer was a sniper fest and got rather dull after a while. I still think that Killzone 3's multiplayer is terrible but that's probably because I expected an improvement over Killzone 2 which was very enjoyable. I can't help but feel like they back stabbed the Killzone 2 community by trying to make the game more casual friendly. It just didn't feel like the Killzone game I came to enjoy. One thing I loved however was operations but it had very limited maps to support it.
    i felt the same way, KZ2 was just so fun and kZ3 isn't. KZ3 is full of mine spammers and bitch tactics. Also it feels like they took away all the recoil thanks to all the people that bitched. I remember KZ2 you couldn't shoot the huge machine gun or else it would just spray but in KZ3 it has the same recoil as a standard gun if not better.

  24. #96
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,917 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I didn't start an argument with you. I posted my opinion as to where Sony needs to focus more and you came in and started this discussion with me.

    If that were true then why would I praise some of the games that Sony published? I'm primarily talking about the fact that Sony shooters are decent at best and why they need to change their direction.

    I just happen to pick BF3 because this is a game I'm playing atm. I had game-breaking issues with BC2 and BC1 as well. I have also had issues with COD games...at the same time, I have liked Black Ops and COD4. Point is, I could make other examples, BF3 is the most relevant because it's out now.

    Maybe they should make an RTS KZ game, seriously that would be so awesome. I'm not blaming Sony for the saturation of this market but I'm saying that if it is saturated and they can't seem to find a foothold...maybe they should try things they're better at.
    If you've praised other Sony games, that's all well and good. Those games have nothing to do with Killzone though. I only brought up Sony because you're talking about their focus. I said even if Sony had not released Killzone, the FPS genre would still be as it is today, saturated with FPS games and that is thanks to COD, not Killzone.

    Every game has it's ups and downs, everyone game has people that like it and others who don't. You're not going to like every FPS game. Killzone is among those that you don't like. What I don't understand is why you picked Killzone over.....let's say Resistance, or why not both....

    Releasing Killzone didn't stop Sony from releasing LittleBigPlanet or ModNation, or Uncharted. So I don't see how their focus is affected by the series....
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-07-2012 at 04:49.

  25. Likes Leviticus, The Cage wishes they had posted this first.
  26. #97
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,391
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    21,396 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'm also one of them people who thought Killzone 2 was much better than Killzone 3.

  27. Likes The Cage wishes they had posted this first.
  28. #98
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,818
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    If you've praised other Sony games, that's all well and good. Those games have nothing to do with Killzone though. I only brought up Sony because you're talking about their focus. I said even if Sony had not released Killzone, the FPS genre would still be as it is today, saturated with FPS games and that is thanks to COD, not Killzone.
    But you're implying here that the market being saturated is due to KZ. I never said that once. Instead, I'm saying that because the market is "already" saturated, why mess with it with stuff that's not going to be one of the top dogs? Especially when you're going to spend so much money on it?

    If Sony was making the next Bioshock, I'll clap for them but they don't seem to know where they're going with it...there's absolutely no innovation in their shooters (that I've mentioned). I still think Resistance wasn't a bad idea...I liked the first one, I want to play the third one someday. That I can understand, it's still different than other games out at the moment, even if it's not bringing anything new.

    The SP campaign for KZ3 seems decent, they did make it more interesting than KZ2, as far as I played it. But I think SP is not good enough nowadays unless it's going to be one of the best on the market. It's just not worth it with all that financial backing.

    Every game has it's ups and downs, everyone game has people that like it and others who don't. You're not going to like every FPS game. Killzone is among those that you don't like. What I don't understand is why you picked Killzone over.....let's say Resistance, or why not both....
    I didn't bring up Resistance because I like that game. It's still a B game but it still feels more fleshed out. The online play was actually pretty good from the beta I played.

    It's not about me liking it or not, I'm simply pointing out a flaw in their strategy and how they can improve themselves by doing something else.

    Releasing Killzone didn't stop Sony from releasing LittleBigPlanet or ModNation, or Uncharted. So I don't see how their focus is affected by the series....
    That's false, while they were able to bring out all the other variety of games, I never said their variety is an issue, I'm saying they've had some hits and misses and I wish they were more resourceful with it.

    Say for example, had they spent $40 mil on an MMORPG, and of course it'd have to be good (but I think they have a better chance at something like this than the FPS genre because it's evolving too quickly), it would've made the PS3 brand even better.

    I'm not saying that going after the FPS scene hurts their chances to focus on variety but that there are plenty of other genres they can tap and really take off with it but instead they chose FPS.

    They had one of the most popular series on PC (Everquest), how amazing it would've been if they pushed a game like that instead of KZ?

    EA came up with that new Star Wars MMO on PC, that's going great for them...Sony needs to step up their game and do better with their resources. That's all I'm saying.

    I picked KZ3 because this has been their flagship series in the FPS genre and I just don't think Sony can do FPSs.

  29. Dislikes Zswordsman, Leviticus is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  30. #99
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    21,917 (0 Banked)
    Killzone does not need to generate Call of Duty numbers for Sony in order for it to be considered a success, Sufi. That's been your measure of success. Not theirs.....actually I am not really sure what your measure of success is.

    You say that they should have released an MMORPG, and quickly add that it would have to be a success. What guarantee is there? There is none.

    You talk about the market being saturated and add they wouldn't be one of the top dogs.....how did you come to that conclusion? After the fact? based on your measure of success?

    Do you know Sony's? and let's say they do consider KZ as a failure, how they have known that before release?

    Success isn't guaranteed. You also keep talking about the new Bioshock, has it even come out yet?

    You don't know how that game is going to be received, other than your own feelings towards it. In your eyes, Sony's been focusing on the wrong genre, but that is also the flaw in your entire argument.

  31. #100
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,818
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,864 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Killzone does not need to generate Call of Duty numbers for Sony in order for it to be considered a success, Sufi. That's been your measure of success. Not theirs.....actually I am not really sure what your measure of success is.
    Well, my measure of success is simple. KZ did well for a game that had a normal budget...not the budget that was given by Sony. For a $40 million game, it didn't sell like...say GT5 (another game that had a huge budget). And GT5 is the best in its genre.

    You say that they should have released an MMORPG, and quickly add that it would have to be a success. What guarantee is there? There is none.

    You talk about the market being saturated and add they wouldn't be one of the top dogs.....how did you come to that conclusion? After the fact? based on your measure of success?

    Do you know Sony's? and let's say they do consider KZ as a failure, how they have known that before release?
    There is no guarantee for success but they've had a great MMORPG before and after coming out with several shooters this generation, I think it's time they found out that they're not one of the best out there.

    They aren't one of the top dogs when it comes to shooters because practically their top shooters have been abandoned. MAG. SOCOM 4. KZ2 and 3.

    If the community isn't there, then that means they couldn't hold the interest of users. Not to mention, other than KZ2 and 3, the other two barely broke a million. KZ2 and 3 broke a couple of mil because of single player.

    As far as being online shooters, they have completely failed. And like I mentioned earlier, unless you're going to make an amazing game, you better have a great online mode. Which is why Uncharted is so popular, it has a decent online part but they excel at single player campaign.

    Sony would not have known that KZ was not going to be the top shooter out there, fine, whoever was in their focus group is to blame and whoever was in charge of getting this game to be competitive out there and of course I would blame Sony for thinking this game would've gone against others, I'm thinking they just don't have experience to be calling the shots in this genre.

    At the same time, I'm also saying that whatever happened, we can't change it but it's time that they learned their lesson. I'm saying that it's gone long enough, pull the plug, go for things you're good at. Or try new studios and/or IPs.

    Success isn't guaranteed. You also keep talking about the new Bioshock, has it even come out yet?

    You don't know how that game is going to be received, other than your own feelings towards it. In your eyes, Sony's been focusing on the wrong genre, but that is also the flaw in your entire argument.
    Ok...I also knew that Skyrim was going to be well received (other than the game-breaking glitches), is it rocket science? No. Bethesda is a well known developer, Oblivion was one of the best RPGs out there in its genre...Skyrim showed promise...what else do you expect?

    Now change Bethesda with Irrational Games. They made Bioshock...have you seen gameplay videos for Infinite? There's NOTHING out on the market like that right now and nothing has ever been. There are some games that you just know, are going to be amazing.

    Let me guess another game: GTAV. Trust me on this one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.