Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Forum Sage
    Those are pretty safe guesses, Sufi. Let me make one like that, the next Call of Duty game will be a success. That wasn't my point though....what I was trying to point out, was that, everything you've said so far and as you've pointed out before, is your opinion. That is also your fall back if someone questions you on it.

I've already given you that Killzone hasn't been as successful as Call of Duty for Sony, was never arguing that, was I? I just don't think it's done as bad as you are trying to say it has and that is why I don't think Sony should abandon the series.

The very thing you want Sony to change is what I like about them. They will support their product, give it a chance, even if it doesn't bring guaranteed numbers.

Killzone 1 on the PS2 didn't do great, yet Sony still purchased Guerilla Games and funded them.

You disagree. I guess that's all there is to this. I don't see it your way.

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Those are pretty safe guesses, Sufi. Let me make one like that, the next Call of Duty game will be a success. That wasn't my point though....what I was trying to point out, was that, everything you've said so far and as you've pointed out before, is your opinion. That is also your fall back if someone questions you on it. I've already given you that Killzone hasn't been as successful as Call of Duty for Sony, was never arguing that, was I? I just don't think it's done as bad as you are trying to say it has and that is why I don't think Sony should abandon the series. The very thing you want Sony to change is what I like about them. They will support their product, give it a chance, even if it doesn't bring guaranteed numbers. Killzone 1 on the PS2 didn't do great, yet Sony still purchased Guerilla Games and funded them. You disagree. I guess that's all there is to this. I don't see it your way.
    This.^^

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Those are pretty safe guesses, Sufi. Let me make one like that, the next Call of Duty game will be a success. That wasn't my point though....what I was trying to point out, was that, everything you've said so far and as you've pointed out before, is your opinion. That is also your fall back if someone questions you on it.

I've already given you that Killzone hasn't been as successful as Call of Duty for Sony, was never arguing that, was I? I just don't think it's done as bad as you are trying to say it has and that is why I don't think Sony should abandon the series.

The very thing you want Sony to change is what I like about them. They will support their product, give it a chance, even if it doesn't bring guaranteed numbers.

Killzone 1 on the PS2 didn't do great, yet Sony still purchased Guerilla Games and funded them.

You disagree. I guess that's all there is to this. I don't see it your way.
    Of course they're safe guesses, that's the whole point I was trying to make lol. Infinite is going to be, without a doubt, a GotY contender. You asked me how I knew what this game was going to turn out...well, it's Bioshock and it looks amazing from the vids. Would it be that hard to guess what the game will be like?

However, I think you raise a good point. I personally DON'T feel heavily against the KZ series. I just don't agree with the fact that Sony is putting so much money into it, or was.

And you're right, I picked KZ over Resistance to criticize because of personal preference as well. I like the idea of KZ, I like everything about it except its storyline and gameplay lol. I actually quite enjoyed KZ1 on PS2 and couldn't believe why it wasn't more popular.

I do like that Sony likes to support games that are risks unlike companies like Activision who scrap games that won't break records...for sure. One big reason for it is that it sells consoles (why Sony takes risks).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're going to take huge risks (not just about how popular the game will be but also profits), make sure that it's going to be a big title. Sort of like how it is with Uncharted. You spend all that money and effort and it pays off well.

To me, KZ2 was basically just a way to show what the PS3 could do...GG mentioned it themselves and it showed. While I thought they pioneered the animations for your character and guns, they had a weak storyline, messed up input lag, weak single player campaign (did not bother to go after the second segment) and just didn't have longevity as an online shooter.

Bottom line I hope they stop pushing shooters on us and use those resources to cover more genres that we're sorely missing.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-09-2012 at 21:13.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I actually liked Killzone 2 single player, I didn't pay much attention to the story but the substance of it was pretty good more so if due to the fact I rarely used the cover system and rushed the enemy of course it meant being killed alot more than I needed to be but I had a shed load of fun doing it.
    What ruined it and made it harder tan it actually should be was the laggy controls which of course die hard try to pass off as "weight" but real players know this is bollox.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-10-2012 at 02:42.

6. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information