Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,618
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,323 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Killzone 3 Multiplayer = Puke

    Sony needs to just quit making first person shooters and focus on something new, maybe an MMO. I really really really wish they had just focused on JRPGs (or Japanese-oriented games) with their first party and as far as shooters, just worked their asses on a badass SOCOM game. That's all Sony ever needed.

    BF3 not only looks better in most areas, it's bigger, has all sorts of vehicles and it feels more immersive! Not to mention, actually requires skill as opposed to this arcade shooter.

    Once I turned off the game, I was still somewhat depressed for a little while. I mean, why waste time and money on a POS game like this?

    They need more interesting shooters like the Starhawk...they need to stop competing in a saturated genre where creativeness and authenticity is extremely important, which they lack badly. The game is horribly generic. KZ2 actually was more interesting, just that I didn't like the control sensitivity. BF3 completely stole their show and is far better as a game, as well as everything else KZ was decent in. At this point, I'll play anything that's different, just as long as it's unique and DIFFERENT!

  2. #2
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,338
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,407 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Woa those are strong words. I never played Kilzone 3 because I knew it wouldn't be to my taste after playing Killzone 2.

  3. #3
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    7,660 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I agree, the multiplayer is $#@!


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  4. #4
    Master Poster
    LfCpS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    10,788 (0 Banked)
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I thought it was ok, think making everything unlockable is stupid, liek they did with BF3( much worse for that game), the bullet damage was perfectly fine in KZ2, in KZ3 its way too high, 2 shot kills and the game just did nto feel that good.

    Also after coming from 1080p gaming i not only found the game to be WAYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOO grainy ( WHY do devs add this, looks terrible and atleast be decent like R* and have an option) but just looked crap, especially the textures on some things( TBH every game on the consoles look crap to me now)

    I fully enjoyed KZ2, still my second best FPS this gen, KZ3 was crap, reached rank 10 very quickly.

    Also not the best maps,way too small and clustered, the amonut of times i randomly ran into enemy bases because of how small the maps were is the reason why at-least 50% of my deaths occured.

  5. #5
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Sony needs to just quit making first person shooters and focus on something new, maybe an MMO. I really really really wish they had just focused on JRPGs (or Japanese-oriented games) with their first party and as far as shooters, just worked their asses on a badass SOCOM game. That's all Sony ever needed.

    BF3 not only looks better in most areas, it's bigger, has all sorts of vehicles and it feels more immersive! Not to mention, actually requires skill as opposed to this arcade shooter.

    Once I turned off the game, I was still somewhat depressed for a little while. I mean, why waste time and money on a POS game like this?

    They need more interesting shooters like the Starhawk...they need to stop competing in a saturated genre where creativeness and authenticity is extremely important, which they lack badly. The game is horribly generic. KZ2 actually was more interesting, just that I didn't like the control sensitivity. BF3 completely stole their show and is far better as a game, as well as everything else KZ was decent in. At this point, I'll play anything that's different, just as long as it's unique and DIFFERENT!
    I disagree. I enjoyed Killzone 3's multiplayer a lot more than the second game. It's not your cup of tea and you're not required to play or like every game that is an FPS, that is released.

    The game is fine...there are people who do like it. Before you started KZ3, you were just expecting a different game and KZ3 did not meet your expectations...

  6. Likes Daggers21, Nitey likes this post
  7. #6
    Superior Member
    Linconan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    613
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,174 (0 Banked)
    Thank the gaming gods that the industry doesn't rely on peoples opinions on forums to make decisions.
    And if they did,..



    we're fooked!

  8. Likes sainraja likes this post
  9. #7
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,716
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,647 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I liked KZ3 MP. Not every game has to be a BF3 realistic shooter clone. Games shouldn't conform to generic formula. KZ3 SP campaign $#@!s all over BF3 imho. I just take a game for what it is and appreciate it.

  10. #8
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,618
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,323 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    I thought it was ok, think making everything unlockable is stupid, liek they did with BF3( much worse for that game), the bullet damage was perfectly fine in KZ2, in KZ3 its way too high, 2 shot kills and the game just did nto feel that good.

    Also after coming from 1080p gaming i not only found the game to be WAYYYY TOOOOOOOOOOOO grainy ( WHY do devs add this, looks terrible and atleast be decent like R* and have an option) but just looked crap, especially the textures on some things( TBH every game on the consoles look crap to me now)

    I fully enjoyed KZ2, still my second best FPS this gen, KZ3 was crap, reached rank 10 very quickly.

    Also not the best maps,way too small and clustered, the amonut of times i randomly ran into enemy bases because of how small the maps were is the reason why at-least 50% of my deaths occured.
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I disagree. I enjoyed Killzone 3's multiplayer a lot more than the second game. It's not your cup of tea and you're not required to play or like every game that is an FPS, that is released.

    The game is fine...there are people who do like it. Before you started KZ3, you were just expecting a different game and KZ3 did not meet your expectations...
    The post right above you is what I'm talking about.

    KZ2 at least was impressive visually. This game has a higher frame rate but the textures are a hit and miss. Generally the graphics are a hit and miss for the most part.

    The control sensitivity is much better, it's actually slightly better than BF3's but overall, it just feels really generic. The maps are crap and it just doesn't feel epic in any way.

    It's a corridor shooter...that requires almost no skill. I was able to just run around without thinking and get kills...without even aiming down the sights. Generally I would like the ability to shoot accurately without aiming the sights but this was just too easy.

    It feels like a PSN title to be honest.

    But really, it's not even about this game, the game is a trigger, the bigger problem is that they need to change their focus. Fine, they gave it their best shot this generation as far as shooters...quit it now and focus on more varied content in the future. Sony just can't do shooters, that's just it...there are far more skilled people in the industry that can. It's too saturated and this is mediocre at best.

    Starhawk is a perfect example of where they need to focus (if they wanna focus on shooters). Give us something that isn't generic. Starhawk feels like a game that you can't find anything similar to in the industry right now. It doesn't matter to me how much it sells, but it will make me keep my PS3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I liked KZ3 MP. Not every game has to be a BF3 realistic shooter clone. Games shouldn't conform to generic formula. KZ3 SP campaign $#@!s all over BF3 imho. I just take a game for what it is and appreciate it.
    Of course it doesn't have to be a BF3 clone. I loved Starhawk...that game is not only amazing, it is interesting enough that I can have that while playing BF3. It doesn't need to be realistic either, just good and needs to require some skill. There's just no strategy in this game!

    The problem is that this game does conform to a generic formula whereas the other two shooters I've mentioned in this thread, have not. Maybe the KZ3 SP campaign is good, I did play the demo and it was pretty decent. It wasn't "omg this is just amazing!" good but it was, "hey, I could play and finish this."

    But that's not good enough these days. I mean, if you wanna focus on SP then you're competing with games like Bioshock: Infinite. And that's tough competition because to me, this game probably wouldn't even come close to that brilliance that we saw in the gameplay trailers.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-03-2012 at 22:12.

  11. #9
    Elite Sage
    Thorzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    11,768
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    49,427 (713 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Killzone 2 online ruled my world for almost 100 hours. KZ3 maybe had me for 15-20.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

  12. Likes The Cage likes this post
  13. #10
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    14,755 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    At least the KZ3 multiplayer didn't feel like playing a beta version (unlike BF3).

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  14. #11
    Newbie
    deicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    956 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Killzone 2 online ruled my world for almost 100 hours. KZ3 maybe had me for 15-20.
    I played them both for over 500 hours and love them both equally.
    Each to their own I guess.
    Currently playing BF3 at about 350 hours and enjoying it very much.

  15. #12
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Killzone 2 online ruled my world for almost 100 hours. KZ3 maybe had me for 15-20.
    Agreed, Killzone 2 was so good, people still play it online including me


    They should of made KZ2 Online(with improvements) instead of KZ3

  16. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
  17. #13
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,535
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    55,077 (0 Banked)
    I loved KZ3.


  18. #14
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,601 (0 Banked)
    Sounds like you played a couple games and got your ass handed to you. BF3 sucks and doesnt hold a candle to KZ3.

  19. #15
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,102
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    6,129 (0 Banked)
    KZ2 multiplayer is more like Battlefield multiplayer.

    KZ3 is more like COD multiplayer.

    I can see a great divide between FPS players on this.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  20. Likes MiThRaZoR, Zswordsman likes this post
  21. #16
    Master Guru
    Funeralfog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Camas, Washington USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,543
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    2,180 (0 Banked)
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    counterstrike rules all so nobody should even bother


    Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

  22. Likes Omar likes this post
  23. #17
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    KZ2 multiplayer is more like Battlefield multiplayer.

    KZ3 is more like COD multiplayer.

    I can see a great divide between FPS players on this.
    Huh?? they are two different things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    counterstrike rules all so nobody should even bother
    TFC is better lol

  24. #18
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,097
    Rep Power
    125
    Points
    117,023 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    counterstrike rules all so nobody should even bother
    I hate that game. Truly.


    << TapaTalk >>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

  25. #19
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I liked KZ3 MP. Not every game has to be a BF3 realistic shooter clone. Games shouldn't conform to generic formula. KZ3 SP campaign $#@!s all over BF3 imho. I just take a game for what it is and appreciate it.
    Yeah, KZ3 SP campaign is definitely leagues above BF3. KZ3 graphics are much better than BF3 as well imo. Didnt spend much time in MP in KZ3 as much as I did on KZ2 so I cant comment too much on the MP aspect.

  26. #20
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,115
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    107,340 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Sony needs to just quit making first person shooters and focus on something new, maybe an MMO.
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi
    I really really really wish they had just focused on JRPGs (or Japanese-oriented games) with their first party and as far as shooters, just worked their asses on a badass SOCOM game. That's all Sony ever needed.
    I personally want to see Sony and Mistwalker work together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi
    BF3 not only looks better in most areas, it's bigger, has all sorts of vehicles and it feels more immersive! Not to mention, actually requires skill as opposed to this arcade shooter.
    Killzone 2 requires skill and team work. I don't know what the hell happened with this game.







  27. #21
    Forum Guru
    Terminator 101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,672
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    6,174 (440 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Agreed, Killzone 2 was so good, people still play it online including me
    They should of made KZ2 Online(with improvements) instead of KZ3
    Agreed. All that KZ2 really needed was matchmaking. With that, the game would have been the number one hardcore shooter to this day, at least for me anyway. I got sick and tired of just about everyone making 32 people servers even though the maps were designed for 24 at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    At least the KZ3 multiplayer didn't feel like playing a beta version (unlike BF3).
    Truer words were never spoken. I am still waiting for the full version of BF3.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    TFC is better lol
    I just could not get into TFC. I just about hated every weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Killzone 2 requires skill and team work. I don't know what the hell happened with this game.
    I am guessing they had to remove the crazy bullet spread from KZ2 in order to attract more casual audience(a stupid move). That and the spawn beacons are what made the game hardcore fun, only to be stripped away in KZ3.....
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

    Playstation Move for the win!

  28. #22
    Dedicated Member
    SecretSquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    270 (0 Banked)
    Sorry, I'm not trying to change the topic, but uh...did anyone try the single player for this game?

    This game is SO bad that I had to log in here for the first time in almost a year.

    I finished it in 6 hours. The whole plot looked out of sync. Story was weak, the voiceovers were terrible.

    The last two hours of gameplay consisted of you holding the R1 button for the railgun and tapping R2 for a few bombs. The left side of the controller was useless as you were not controlling any of the spaceships.

    Alright, sorry, please go back to your regularly scheduled programing and **** on this games' online gameplay too.
    Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 03-04-2012 at 04:42.

  29. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
  30. #23
    Newbie
    RaylaDevine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    205 (0 Banked)
    When KZ3 first came out, I played non stop. I even joined a gaming clan in order to have people to play with. Then after about 6 or 7 months I traded it in for BFBC2. I don't know what happened. I guess people became bored with it and I noticed less and less people were playing.

    I really liked this game too bad everyone else despises it, lol.

  31. #24
    Superior Member
    TEJ2025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    679
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    1,603 (0 Banked)
    I enjoyed the game. The single player was really fun and the multi-player was fun when it was populated with a lot of people.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

  32. #25
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,077
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    24,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    The post right above you is what I'm talking about.

    KZ2 at least was impressive visually. This game has a higher frame rate but the textures are a hit and miss. Generally the graphics are a hit and miss for the most part.

    The control sensitivity is much better, it's actually slightly better than BF3's but overall, it just feels really generic. The maps are crap and it just doesn't feel epic in any way.

    It's a corridor shooter...that requires almost no skill. I was able to just run around without thinking and get kills...without even aiming down the sights. Generally I would like the ability to shoot accurately without aiming the sights but this was just too easy.

    It feels like a PSN title to be honest.

    But really, it's not even about this game, the game is a trigger, the bigger problem is that they need to change their focus. Fine, they gave it their best shot this generation as far as shooters...quit it now and focus on more varied content in the future. Sony just can't do shooters, that's just it...there are far more skilled people in the industry that can. It's too saturated and this is mediocre at best.

    Starhawk is a perfect example of where they need to focus (if they wanna focus on shooters). Give us something that isn't generic. Starhawk feels like a game that you can't find anything similar to in the industry right now. It doesn't matter to me how much it sells, but it will make me keep my PS3.


    Of course it doesn't have to be a BF3 clone. I loved Starhawk...that game is not only amazing, it is interesting enough that I can have that while playing BF3. It doesn't need to be realistic either, just good and needs to require some skill. There's just no strategy in this game!

    The problem is that this game does conform to a generic formula whereas the other two shooters I've mentioned in this thread, have not. Maybe the KZ3 SP campaign is good, I did play the demo and it was pretty decent. It wasn't "omg this is just amazing!" good but it was, "hey, I could play and finish this."

    But that's not good enough these days. I mean, if you wanna focus on SP then you're competing with games like Bioshock: Infinite. And that's tough competition because to me, this game probably wouldn't even come close to that brilliance that we saw in the gameplay trailers.
    I think you are just hard to please.

    @RaylaDevine - which mode did you play? was it Guerilla or Warzone? I always found a game easily on Warzone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.