Soldier 95B

ME3 on the 360 can't import ME2 saves in (or transferred by) the cloud

Despite Mass Effect 3's impressive mastery of the atmosphere, it still can't quite handle clouds. EA is "aware of an issue" that prevents Mass Effect 2 save files that either exist in the cloud, or were transferred to a new 360 through the cloud, from being imported into ME3.

EA's help guide for the problem makes no mention of plans to implement such functionality, but it does offer solutions, provided you still have access to the 360 that birthed your ME2 save. If your ME2 save exists in the cloud and you're playing from its original console, simply move it back to your hard drive and it should import fine.

If it exists on a new console and was transferred through the cloud, it'll need to be moved back to its original 360, and then re-transferred to the new system using a memory card or USB thumb drive. If you no longer have access to that original 360, it looks like you're going to be spending some time on the character creation screen. But hey, don't feel guilty, all right? Shepard would have wanted you to love again.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/03/ps...ransferred-by/

Looks like I will have to move those saves out of the cloud Oh well, not a big deal. I will just move them out, start the game and roll it all back to the cloud.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh man that would totally suck for people who have sent their save to cloud and gotten rid of their old 360. It's good their putting up solutions though for fans

Forum Sage

LOL. And just one more of many reasons for why I'll never upload content to any cloud service. There's just too much that can go wrong or hassle you.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I'd be well pissed if I couldn't continue my save. It just wouldn't feel the same.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. Kinda sucks for 360 gamers.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow. Kinda sucks for 360 gamers.
    You're right, all those PS3 Mass Effect 1 saves are golden now....

Elite Guru
    What has the PS3 not having Mass Effect got to do with X360 Mass Effect 3 imported save game issues?

Master Guru
    Not every 360 gamer is going to be affected. So to say sucks for 360 gamers isn't exactly right either..
    Last edited by darky89; 03-04-2012 at 16:20.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    What does PS3 have to do with this? The article only mentions the 360 version. No need to act so defensive.

Elite Guru
    Mission accomplished then!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    He was being nob, so I thought I'd be a nob too. Not every 360 gamer is going to be affected. So to say sucks for 360 gamers isn't exactly right either..
    No need for childish name calling. Ok, sucks for 360 gamers who are using the cloud. Feel better now? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2012 at 16:17.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    sucks for 360 gamers who have ported their mass effect save file to cloud

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Looks like I will have to move those saves out of the cloud Oh well, not a big deal. I will just move them out, start the game and roll it all back to the cloud.
    Not a big issue for me either. Haven't really used it that much anyway.

Soldier 95B
    I am sure the vast majority haven't moved their ME2 saves to the cloud (but they can just move them back), as the cloud save feature was just released in November, and most people haven't had ME2 in their boxes for long before that.

Elite Member

I saw you got an infraction for this for "TROLLING" and I had to LOL. If it sucks for 360 gamers who doesn't it suck for? You were on point but I guess it's OK now for some to enter the 360 section of PSU Forums and CONSTANTLY declare how much one dislikes the 360. But since calling out other forums members isn't allowed I can't name the two that do it all of the time. I get a kick out of it though because when they post in a thread I try to guess what their responses I'm usually spot on.

Back on point though, I do agree with those who don't use or like cloud saves. I have yet to use them and have no intention of ever using them.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    I saw you got an infraction for this for "TROLLING" and I had to LOL. If it sucks for 360 gamers who doesn't it suck for? You were on point but I guess it's OK now for some to enter the 360 section of PSU Forums and CONSTANTLY declare how much one dislikes the 360. But since calling out other forums members isn't allowed I can't name the two that do it all of the time. I get a kick out of it though because when they post in a thread I try to guess what their responses I'm usually spot on.

Back on point though, I do agree with those who don't use or like cloud saves. I have yet to use them and have no intention of ever using them.
    I know its not really trolling at all, its just facts, so untill this is patched its not really a troll imo but some people are senstive

Anti-Sopa Pro-Zodd

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B
    Those that don't find a use for cloud, that is cool. The reason I find it useful and use it daily is because I have 3 Xbox 360's in my house. Now that our Xbox Live ID's are stored online and don't need to be recovered, I have found joy in cloud. I can now go on any Xbox and play a game and it will pick up where I left off, no matter what console I am using. I play on different TV's in different rooms, and it is all automated. The system detects the game I have in and knows if the save is in the cloud and it will auto-sync for me with no interaction at all. The only time I need to interact is when I first start a new game. I choose cloud for my game save when prompted, and it is said and done. I turn on the game on any console, a dialog pops up that says "syncing cloud", which takes about 2 seconds, and BAM, there it is. (I used to have to carry it around on USB).

LOVE IT.

That said, I have not moved all of my OLD saves to the cloud (just a few). All NEW saves are saved to the cloud when I start up a new game.

If you are not playing on multiple consoles, then the benefit for you is only to have it as a backup if you choose to use it.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I will totally play the trilogy back to back, one day.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    This is crappy.

But only MAJORLY crappy if you can't access the original console.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Those that don't find a use for cloud, that is cool. The reason I find it useful and use it daily is because I have 3 Xbox 360's in my house. Now that our Xbox Live ID's are stored online and don't need to be recovered, I have found joy in cloud. I can now go on any Xbox and play a game and it will pick up where I left off, no matter what console I am using. I play on different TV's in different rooms, and it is all automated. The system detects the game I have in and knows if the save is in the cloud and it will auto-sync for me with no interaction at all. The only time I need to interact is when I first start a new game. I choose cloud for my game save when prompted, and it is said and done. I turn on the game on any console, a dialog pops up that says "syncing cloud", which takes about 2 seconds, and BAM, there it is. (I used to have to carry it around on USB).

LOVE IT.

That said, I have not moved all of my OLD saves to the cloud (just a few). All NEW saves are saved to the cloud when I start up a new game.

If you are not playing on multiple consoles, then the benefit for you is only to have it as a backup if you choose to use it.
    That's a pretty sweet set up man, I wish I could have multiple consoles around the house. Does it take long to get the save files back from cloud?

Forum Sage
    I still don't really know how to use the cloud saves or what to so with it lol. If I choose to copy a save to the cloud it's just on the cloud? I guess I don't really get why I should use it :/
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    That's a pretty sweet set up man, I wish I could have multiple consoles around the house. Does it take long to get the save files back from cloud?
    Super fast. Nearly instant. Then again, many save files are 1mb or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    I still don't really know how to use the cloud saves or what to so with it lol. If I choose to copy a save to the cloud it's just on the cloud? I guess I don't really get why I should use it :/
    Other than for a backup in case your Xbox HDD dies (and you only have one console), it is useless for you.

Thread Information