Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

This section is now for all RPGs

Since the activity in here was pretty low, we decided to just make this the RPGs section. So whether it's a WRPG or JRPG, discuss it in here. The activity still won't be nearly high enough to bury the JRPG threads, so there's not much to worry about.

Also, I only moved the WRPG threads posted within the latest few pages of the PS3 Games forum. Let me know if there are any other RPG threads you want us to move in here. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ixion; 03-06-2012 at 01:21.

2. Likes king87, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Superior Member
    It's low now, but whenever we hear news of Versus there will be a lot more activity.

Apprentice
    Someone should've made a Final Fantasy VII remake rumor thread.
    Good move bringing other rpg's over here as well. Activity was indeed low, there's just not enough jrpg's releasing to keep this section alive for long. This might give it a chance.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Dunno tbh, there'll be a crapton of just ME3 threads now but oh well

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by king87 View Post
    Someone should've made a Final Fantasy VII remake rumor thread.
    And make it a sticky.

But it just has to do with how many news we have. We had a ton of FF threads before XIII was released, then it was quiet, then last year again there were so many with XIII-2, and now it's quiet. Eventually SE will bring news of their next games which will be over-analyzed and numerous hate threads will show up with very heated debates. It just goes in cycles.

By the way, I just had a thought now: when we get the 30th FF game, will it be called Final Fantasy XXX?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Dunno tbh, there'll be a crapton of just ME3 threads now but oh well
    Don't worry. We have an official Mass Effect 3 thread in the Xbox 360 forum.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Apprentice
    Well, the way them girls keep losing they're clothes, i totally expect it to reach xxx long before the 30th instalment.

9. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Since the activity in here was pretty low, we decided to just make this the RPGs section. So whether it's a WRPG or JRPG, discuss it in here. The activity still won't be nearly high enough to bury the JRPG threads, so there's not much to worry about.

Also, I only moved the WRPG threads posted within the latest few pages of the PS3 Games forum. Let me know if there are any other RPG threads you want us to move in here. Thanks.
    Games like darksiders 2 and borderlands aren't really RPG's though, just games with some RPG elements, bioshock also has a certain character progression and loot to some degree, does that make it a RPG?

Games like kingdoms of amalur, skyrim etc.. should fall under the RPG section but i think moving darksiders and borderland threads over here is going a bit overboard.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvian View Post
    Games like darksiders 2 and borderlands aren't really RPG's though, just games with some RPG elements, bioshock also has a certain character progression and loot to some degree, does that make it a RPG?

Games like kingdoms of amalur, skyrim etc.. should fall under the RPG section but i think moving darksiders and borderland threads over here is going a bit overboard.
    There's definitely a bit of a gray area, so from now on, we'll just leave it to you guys. Unless it's clearly an RPG (where I'll still move it in here), you guys can decide where to post those borderline games.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

I disagree. With Borderlands it was advertised and fans came to know it as an FPS RPG. With Darksiders, well to say Darksiders is not an RPG would be to call Zelda not an RPG as the very similar.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Yeah this is pretty annoying..don't consider Mass Effect an RPG at all.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 03-07-2012 at 00:03.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

14. Likes Aldebaran, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Yeah this is pretty annoying..don't consider Mass Effect an RPG at all.
    Its an Action RPG, never saw it advertised as anything less

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I disagree. With Borderlands it was advertised and fans came to know it as an FPS RPG. With Darksiders, well to say Darksiders is not an RPG would be to call Zelda not an RPG as the very similar.
    Hmm, I have never seen someone referring to Legend of Zelda as an RPG before, its an action adventure game with some RPG elements in my book, same as darksiders 2 and borderlands (FPS with some RPG elements).

Once more into the fray.

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Hmm, I have never seen someone referring to Legend of Zelda as an RPG before, its an action adventure game with some RPG elements in my book, same as darksiders 2 and borderlands (FPS with some RPG elements).
    Yeah I always thought of Zelda as an RPG. It even gets credited as first ever RPG game. When I say RPG that covers all sub genres to me, so guess it is just my way of thinking.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    If someone feels that its an RPG and wants to post a thread in the RPG section they are free to do it, we are trying to making this a fun section for RPG fans not open a debate on what is your exact definition of an RPG.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    If someone feels that its an RPG and wants to post a thread in the RPG section they are free to do it, we are trying to making this a fun section for RPG fans not open a debate on what is your exact definition of an RPG.
    You guys made a thread stating what this section will get used for, some of us posted our opinions on the matter, Ixion replied with answers to our inquiries, then Yuuichi voices his opinion on my genre definition and i replied back at him, i never said anything about what kind of threads others should or shouldn't make here, my threads were moved here and i wanted to know the reasoning about this, odd that you quoted just me instead of making a general post about all of us (i wasnt alone) discussing what falls under the RPG genre or not...

Once more into the fray.

Master Sage
    Items User name style

Completely disagree.
    Darksiders II and Borderlands both have
    -Leveling up
    -Loot
    -Skill trees
    -Big world(s) to explore

Just because one is mainly guns and first person and the other has God of War combat with Zelda style dungeons doesnt mean they are not RPGs.

If you are saying these games are not RPGs then Diablo III and Skyrim certainly arent ones either.

Master Sage
    Everyone has different opinions, which is great, I'm dropping this discussion though, since its clearly not wanted my the admin staff

Once more into the fray.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Everyone has different opinions, which is great, I'm dropping this discussion though, since its clearly not wanted my the admin staff
    On a discussion board..how ironic.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I always saw Darksiders as an adventure game and Borderlands as a shooter. Not that it matters really but I did find it odd seeing them on this forum so I can understand Nuvian's concern.

Thread Information