Soldier 95B

Xbox 360 Console Exclusive: Minecraft will launch on Xbox without Kinect

The Xbox Live Arcade version of Minecraft will launch without Kinect functionality, it emerged at Microsoft's recent Spring Showcase.The Xbox 360's own version of Minecraft, the phenomenally successful indie title from Swedish developer Mojang, was announced at last year's E3, and was originally slated for release late last year.

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft will also be base on version 1.6.6, which released on PC last May. It's the intention of 4J, who is working together with Microsoft Games Studios and Mojang on the port, to bring the game up to speed with its PC counterpart through a series of patches - one of which will introduce Kinect support.

"1.6.6 is the level playing ground that Microsoft, 4J and Mojang agreed on at the start," lead producer Roger Carpenter told Eurogamer, "At some point we'll announce how the updates are going to come about - we will slowly but surely bring the Xbox version up through the versions."

The Xbox 360 version introduces an in-game wiki, as well as tutorials that run through the foundations of Minecraft. It remains unclear how exactly Kinect will be integrated within the game.

"The one thing we were at great pains to do when we took on the project was, for want of a better phrase, not mess it up," said Carpenter. "Minecraft's so dear to so many people that we had to nail it on a controller, and on Xbox."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...without-kinect

I bolded the Wiki part. In game Wiki in more games would be awesome. First time I think I have seen this used on Xbox?
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 03-06-2012 at 02:01.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Maybe I can play Minecraft now, eh?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Super Elite
    Why would they make the Minecraft sequel exclusive to Xbox?.. That's pretty terrible.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Why would they make the Minecraft sequel exclusive to Xbox?.. That's pretty terrible.
    When are they releasing a Minecraft sequel?!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't understand the chubby people have for this game. The concept is alright, but my lord the graphics are horrible.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

6. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I don't understand the chubby people have for this game. The concept is alright, but my lord the graphics are horrible.
    This.^^

Super Elite
    Wait... what? Why would it's graphics have sweet $#@! all to do with peoples liking of it? Comments like this truely show why some seriously HORRIBLE games get good marks, just because they have flashy lights and colours

Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Maybe I can play Minecraft now, eh?
    Why couldn't you play it before? :S
    Last edited by Minnzy; 03-06-2012 at 08:25.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Super Elite
    I play Minecraft for the graphics. The gameplay is meaningless and an absolute joke.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Unbound Mercenary
    You clearly do understand the point of the game. The graphics are not supposed to be good. Its the sandbox building part that is the reason people love to play it.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Spend 20 hours playing minecraft and then tell me the graphics aren't good. I love the art style of MC.

And I am a HUGE graphics-$#@!

Soldier 95B
    The bit appearance of Minecraft is intentional. The graphics may not appeal to everyone. But god damn, the game is $#@!ing addicting and fun as hell. It's about gameplay for me, and this has it in spades. It's SO big. If done right, this would end up being the largest sandbox game on console to date. $#@!ing cool!

13. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The bit appearance of Minecraft is intentional. The graphics may not appeal to everyone. But god damn, the game is $#@!ing addicting and fun as hell. It's about gameplay for me, and this has it in spades. It's SO big. If done right, this would end up being the largest sandbox game on console to date. $#@!ing cool!
    Just like 3D Dot Game Heroes, the art style is intentional and works
    LMAO

15. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Spend 20 hours playing minecraft and then tell me the graphics aren't good. I love the art style of MC.

And I am a HUGE graphics-$#@!
    After 20 hours the graphics still blow chunks, sorry. I tried to like this game. It's just not for me.

<< TapaTALLLKKKKK! >>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Soldier 95B
    What is a PeanutButterMunky? BTW, welcome back!

Thread Information