Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00

Fan rage over SFxT 'DLC' fighters discovered on disc

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...vered-on-disc/

Capcom has issued a statement in response to fan rage over the discovery that 12 supposedly 'DLC' characters for Street Fighter X Tekken are actually already on the disc.
    These 12 characters were initially announced as Vita exclusives due to debut on the handheld when that version is released in Autumn. It was also confirmed that these characters would later make their way to console and PC versions as DLC.
    But these characters have been discovered on the disc of the PC and console versions going on sale this week, sparking yet more 'DLC' controversy for Capcom.
    The publisher has issued a response, explaining it was all done in the name of saving you a few megabytes of space on your hard drive:
    Here's the statement:
    "Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after. The character information and files were intentionally included on retail versions of the PS3 and Xbox 360 game to save hard drive space and to ensure for a smooth transition when the DLC is available, allowing players who choose not to purchase the content the ability to play against players that did."

Apprentice
    Not surprised. All of Capcoms fighting games have the DLC already on the disc. I don't know why folks still buy into Crapcom.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    LOL. What a load of bull $#@!. Compatibility... Gaming is becoming such a cash cow, and for less about gaming. If it ships on the disc.... you know. What waste time on ranting about this. I'm not buying the $#@! anyways.

4. Likes TheBreezyBB , Itachi , Thorzilla likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'm just about done with gaming, only gonna buy open world 40+ hour games from now, biggest bang for my buck.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    wow what a $#@! move glad i was never into these series rereleasing the same game a 1000 times

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Oh Capcom.. How far you have fallen.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    They'll only learn if people don't buy it.

Super Elite
    Mr. Owl, what is the difference between unlocking DLC on the disc versus downloading said DLC from MS servers?
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    There's a difference between hiding content on a disc, and selling content not on a disc. hmmmm.... owl learns?

Super Elite
    You shouldn't use words if you do not understand their meaning:

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    capcom has sucked ass for almost 20 years now

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Elite
    And this is why I buy the majority of my games for 20 dollars used.

Of course even that lane of shopping is being targeted by money hogs.

Jokes aside, though, it's frightening how insanely profitable the video game industry has become in the past decade. I don't see this type of practice disappearing in the next few years, if at all.

Super Elite
    How has the video game industry become insanely profitable when profits over the past decade have been plummeting at an insanely high rate due to generational leaps in visuals for which force development costs to skyrocket beyond reason?

15. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I don't know how someone could buy this game if they knew this. I personally find this as an insult to my intelligence and gaming passion. These kind of $#@! moves, along with (surely) releasing the Ulta Super Street Fighter Vs Tekken with all DLC as a full priced game one year after this have made me decide never to buy Capcom games again. One thing is launching day 1 DLC, which is ridiculous but...this?

$#@! YOU CAPCOM
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Forum Overseer
    We need to clear something here.

This Day 1 DLC costs Capcom money. It's not for free. Just because there's free space on the disc, doesn't mean that they owe us more content than they feel is worth $60.

If you don't feel that it's worth $60, then don't buy it for $60. Wait until you feel that it's the right price.

While it may be compatibility as well, and it makes sense as to what they explained it to be...it's in their right to either give it free or for money or in some cases, for launch-buyer members.

Every company has a set budget on what they can spend on a title and once they run out, they will charge you more for whatever else they work on.

Yea it sucks that they have to charge people for it but with the rising costs, I really don't see them being that much greedy when it's pretty tough to survive in an industry like this.

Bottom line: They're not making these DLCs for free. They have to pay up for every little item in there.

18. Likes Itachi , Wrath likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Knowing $#@! like this makes me worried for Dragons Dogma. They pull this with that game it will be last capcom game I buy regardless of how many RE they produce.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Those that do not buy the content still need the content so when they play against someone that has the content it shows up their screen.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    We need to clear something here.

This Day 1 DLC costs Capcom money. It's not for free. Just because there's free space on the disc, doesn't mean that they owe us more content than they feel is worth $60.

If you don't feel that it's worth $60, then don't buy it for $60. Wait until you feel that it's the right price.

While it may be compatibility as well, and it makes sense as to what they explained it to be...it's in their right to either give it free or for money or in some cases, for launch-buyer members.

Every company has a set budget on what they can spend on a title and once they run out, they will charge you more for whatever else they work on.

Yea it sucks that they have to charge people for it but with the rising costs, I really don't see them being that much greedy when it's pretty tough to survive in an industry like this.

Bottom line: They're not making these DLCs for free. They have to pay up for every little item in there.
    FINALLY some common sense in here. +rep

The amount of whiners and hypocrites that still end up buying their weekly COD DLCs for $19.99 is astonishing...

22. Likes Ghost , AaronSOLDIER , Omar likes this post
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    FINALLY some common sense in here. +rep

The amount of whiners and hypocrites that still end up buying their weekly COD DLCs for $19.99 is astonishing...
    Oh, so not wanting to pay for content on the disc i already payed for, and buying cod dlc that was made after after the game was released purposely for dlc (downloadable content) makes me a hipocrite now? Proudly hypocrite then.
    Better wait for the super ultra version releasing in 8 months with even more characters, stages and special moves.

24. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by king87 View Post
    Oh, so not wanting to pay for content on the disc i already payed for, and buying cod dlc that was made after after the game was released purposely for dlc (downloadable content) makes me a hipocrite now? Proudly hypocrite then.
    Better wait for the super ultra version releasing in 8 months with even more characters, stages and special moves.
    Are you serious?

Trust me, young child, those CoD DLCs you're buying have already been planned and probably even developed MONTHS ago. That's why they are releasing them in such short amounts of time. The only reason they are not already on the disc is size. Capcom can go this route because their DLC is so small (a few MBs) whereas Activion's map packs eat a substantially bigger amount of space.

You can bet your ass right here that Activision could have released the last three map packs simultaneously but chose to separate them for the extra quid.

THIS IS BUSINESS.

The end.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    LOL. What a load of bull $#@!. Compatibility... Gaming is becoming such a cash cow, and for less about gaming. If it ships on the disc.... you know. What waste time on ranting about this. I'm not buying the $#@! anyways.
    this ^^. sick of capcom talking $#@!...

The dude abides....

Soldier 95B
    DLC costs money. If developers have a budget for the game, and have a budget for DLC, then they deserve to be paid for it. If I feel that I am not getting my $60 worth, then I will stop buying games. But that hasn't happened for me yet. Granted, I research the heck out of games, so it is unlikely I will be stung by any possible dishonest developers. I think they are gamers just like us, and want the best bang of the buck, just like we do.

28. Likes Wrath , Omar likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    I'm tired of this bs DLC this gen but it's very simple: don't buy the game. I will NOT be buying this game because I don't like crossovers. I don't like the SF artstyle and I want to buy a better game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    What happened to playing through the story with specific characters to unlock other characters in fighting games -.-
    Free Periods in 6th year at High School were all about unlocking extra characters in tekken 4.

Current Signature Too Tall for Size Limits

60 Gig Sony Playstation 3 |Sony Bravia 52" LCD | 5.1 SS

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    DLC ruined gaming. Capcom is just riding the big wave!

Thread Information