Soldier 95B

Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter

A Video Games project in Seattle, WA by Christian Allen, Serellan LLC

For years, fans of tactical shooters have been crying out for someone to make a quality, hardcore, CQB tactical shooter. But in contrast to these requests, game publishers eschew realism and tactics in exchange for ease of use and “cinematic” flavor. This campaign aims to see if my theory that real tactical shooters aren’t dead, and that enough people want one to justify the cost of development.

I’ve been in the video game industry working on best in class shooters for ten years now – designing and leading teams creating Tom Clancy games and Halo Reach. Now I’ve struck out and formed a new company for indie game development, Serellan LLC.

Why fund?
    So Tim Schaffer beat me to the punch, but when turning an industry on its head, there’s plenty of room for multiple projects. And of course we aren’t talking about an adventure game here; we are talking a hardcore tactical shooter. And I’m pretty sure these fans are bigger, stronger, and have guns- and hopefully more money.

About this project

We have assembled a small team, all with years of video game industry experience and a specialty in shooters. We are focusing our initial development on a hardcore CQB tactical shooter.
    This game will get back to the core of what is loved about the tac-shooter, featuring realistic weapon modeling, outfitting and commanding your squad, objective-based, non-linear missions set in real-world locations around the world, single player, co-op, and multiplayer.

Obviously, in this day and age, games cost more than a few hundreds of thousands of dollars to make. Engineers don’t work for Cheetos and free beer (although it helps). But it is enough to prove to our investors that the viability of the market, and set up the infrastructure for one of the really cool parts of the project: Crowdsourced development.

What’s different about this project

Not only are you getting the game you have dreamed about over the past 10 years but our approach to development will be different. We aren’t just showing you inside the world of development, you will be participating. We’ve created a set of tiered community levels for involvement – Silver, Gold, and Platinum – based on your level of support.

At the silver level, people will be able to have more influence on the game, such as voting for certain weapons, features, equipment, mission locations, etc.
    At the gold level, supporters will have the opportunity to submit content, including weapon models, levels, and missions to go into the game. If the content meets the standards, it will be included in the final game and the submitter will be given full credit.

At the platinum level, supporters will have the opportunity to participate in creative meetings, visit the studio, and much more.

THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE GAMES INDUSTRY THAT YOU WANT THIS GAME MADE.

About Serellan LLC

Serellan LLC is an indie game development team based in Seattle, Washington, founded in 2011 by Christian Allen.
    Christian Allen is an experienced AAA game designer and creative director. Prior to founding Serellan LLC, Christian served as Lead Designer, Creative Director, and Design Director of several AAA game projects for Ubisoft, Red Storm Entertainment, Microsoft, Bungie, and Warner Bros. Games. Christian’s titles include the award-winning Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Halo: Reach. Titles he has contributed to have shipped over 15 million units, and earned over 20 “Game of the Year” awards in various categories.

Christian has contributed to several gaming publications, including the Game Development Essentials series. Christian has been on the faculty of the Game Developers Conference most years since 2005, and regularly speaks at colleges and universities on game development topics. He is also a consultant for Guidepoint Global (formerly Standard & Poor’s Society of Industry Leaders), one of the largest technology consulting services in the world.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ctical-shooter

One of the BEST ideas I have seen in YEARS. We need more of this. And the game, I really would like to see how it turns out. We have lost Operation Flashpoint, don't have ARMA, and America's Army has gone F2P and not on console any longer.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    CQB tactical shooter.
    Meh PASS, dislike CQB games.

Apprentice

Crowdsourced Hardcore Tactical Shooter ( Possibly PS3 )

Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a minute and share this with everyone here...

First off, watch this:

Now read this:

Christian Allen, lead designer on Halo: Reach, lead designer on Ghost Recon 2, and Creative Director on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter has started an independent development team (Serellan LLC) to begin working on a Hardcore Tactical Shooter.

Currently he's trying to gain support for the project by starting a Kickstarter.

The game is going to developed being led on the PC, BUT, he's also considering other platforms, and recently he's noticed a lot of consistent feedback from PS3 users and has stated that if the demand is there, he'll definitely consider developing for the PS3 if this game get's a green light.

So, if you're a shooter fan who's looking for a REAL hardcore tactical shooter to be made with no gimmicks and no tacky casual features, you should think about checking out this game and this development team.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by mastawiz; 03-08-2012 at 13:36.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wonder if it's going to be multiplayer only?

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Apprentice
    He's planning to do SP, Co-op, and Multiplayer....

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    its a first person shooter? dont want!

Soldier 95B

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Merged threads and moved to the multi-platform section of the forum as we know its going to be on PC, but consoles thus far are unannounced

Veteran
    if its an FPS ill pass. If it's to be third person I'd help out, but he doesnt say either way so...

I would like someone to pitch in 10k tho, BUT they MUST post pictures of the custom 9mm Beretta 92FS.
    It's a nice firearm, but im more partial to Glocks and Sigs myself.
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-09-2012 at 04:05.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Soldier 95B
    They said they will eventually put it on XBLA and PSN after the PC version is released as long as the demand is there. They mentioned it in the forums. I did a $50 donation. This is going to be a smaller $15 digital title.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    In my mind Tactical shooter means slow campy snipey who sees who first wins snorefest.

Veteran
    To me it means:
    A slowER paced game with more actually meaningful team communication and more thought put into your each and every movement.

The tension, the atmosphere gradually drawing you deeper and deeper into your screen as the round timer slowly dwindles away and you begin to nolonger see nor hear anything other then what's right in front of you or chirps in over your com....

Knowing full well that as the time ticks by your teammates are droping around you like flies. One by one and your com starts to grow silent.. More and more eyes begin to focus on your every mishap as they're all watching you, hoping, preying and even doubting whether or not you have it in you to stick this one out even with all the odd stacked against you to get the win...

and then you pull it off............

or... you don't

GOD I MISS SOCOM.......

Confirmation Must be made whether the games will be fps or tps and whether or not it is respawn before any money leaves my bank account.
    Period
    An "I dont know" from the dev is a "no, nope" from me.
    Fps? pass.
    Respawn? Pass.
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-10-2012 at 09:30.

PSU Technical Advisor
    This is why the internet is the most awesome thing ever made.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    This is why the internet is the most awesome thing ever made.

Nah, that would be mute women... wait... did I say that aloud?

yeah.. the internet. its the internet.... o_O!

It was a joke. a jk.... im goin to hell aint I... XD
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-10-2012 at 01:01.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    In my mind Tactical shooter means slow campy snipey who sees who first wins snorefest.
    I think many people misunderstand what tactical shooter means, especially in this case being a CQB (Close Quarter Battles).

Just because it's tactical, does not mean slow paced. You can have slow paced tactics or fast paced tactics...

SOCOM 1 and 2 are military tactical shooters that required a ton of teamwork and strategy to play, but, the games could be played fast or slow, depending on your clan, both ways worked if you executed correctly.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Yes it does, the tactical shooters of today are 2 times slower than the shooters of long ago Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half life, half life2 and even Counter strike wjhich in itself is one of the first so called "tactical shooters" and probably the most popular especially for competitions.

You think that me (i am people) misunderstand what tactical means. I don't.
    All games require tactics to win.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-10-2012 at 02:02.

Elite Sage
    I miss Unreal Tournament. THAT was a real shooter
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Yes it does, the tactical shooters of today are 2 times slower than the shooters of long ago Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half life, half life2 and even Counter strike wjhich in itself is one of the first so called "tactical shooters" and probably the most popular especially for competitions.

You think that me (i am people) misunderstand what tactical means. I don't.
    All games require tactics to win.
    Who says this game is being made like the tactical shooters of today?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    like i stated earlier, if its a first person shooter, ill pass. if they decide to go 3rd person or a hybrid like s1/s2 ill donate enough to make a difference, but for some reason, i have a feeling this will be an FPS! back to Socom:C...still waiting for CS:GO

Apprentice
    Update:

Christian Allen has took in all criticism and feedback. The Kickstarter page has been "RELOADED" with new concept art, a new video, new information, etc, etc.

NEW VIDEO:

NEW CONCEPT ART:

RELOADED KICKSTARTER PAGE:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ctical-shooter

The author of this thread should update the title and information of this thread!

He has 6 days to reach his goal!

Veteran
    I like the IDEA behind what he WANTS to do with the game, but already don't like the fact that he doesn't even know what the game its supposed to be.....

Its was originally an unknown *PS to be made on pc and potentially making its way to consoles. Ok, color me interested. Need to know more about the game before I give a stranger my cash. Lets see what he says.

Now its an FPS on the lead platform, the PC and I couldnt care less. Its wlso being turned into a TPS for the PS3 (YAY!... I think...)and he doesn't even know what its gonna be on the 360.... o_O? Huh... Wha?. Why?.. I thought they were making a game, not 2 or possibly 3 different types of games.

Sorry, I can't give money to a person to make a game when even they don't know what kind of game its supposed to be.
    Last edited by faaeng; 03-27-2012 at 02:11.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    meh fps, ill stick with CS then. dammit...hope they reach there goal anyway

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The only thing left in the world for devs is to make first person shooters.

Thread Information