Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    I really enjoyed the nuke the fridge scene, it was probably one of the few things I liked from that movie.

On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha. And a dog leg to the north.
    PSN ID
    navenalyd
    They Live.

If you're a wrestling fan, Rowdy Roddy Piper is the Lead

It's so bad, I end up watching part of it every time it's on. That it's still being shown amazes me.

CD

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Oh no, aliens and nuke-resistant fridges are so unrealistic! Make another movie with the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail, because face-melting and immortality are much more grounded in reality!
    Lol
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    ... the worst part was trying to make Shia LaBeouf look like a bad ass biker or something.

Actually the worst part was Shia LaBeouf.
    oh christ. i cringe every time they show him on the bike trying to look like Marlon Brando. BARF. they were seriously whimsically trying to bring back their childhood.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    oh christ. i cringe every time they show him on the bike trying to look like Marlon Brando. BARF. they were seriously whimsically trying to bring back their childhood.
    I'm glad someone else shares my pain.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by navenalyd View Post
    They Live.

If you're a wrestling fan, Rowdy Roddy Piper is the Lead

It's so bad, I end up watching part of it every time it's on. That it's still being shown amazes me.

CD
    I watched that movie for one reason: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum..and I'm all outta gum" Now I where Duke Nukem is inspired from. but yea, I agree, horrible movie.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I can't stand Kindgom of Heaven that film drives me mental lol, I think it's a combination of the religious storyline and Orlando Bloom's overall character.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i'd also like to put starwars in room 101. i've had to watch em all at some point, and i just can't stand them...the lightsabres are all i find good about starwars, especially darth mauls..

also forrest gump...seen it a few times over the years and it bores me to $#@!in death...i've only just started liking tom hanks again...years $#@!in later.

The dude abides....

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I didn't watch any of the Indiana Jones movies until I watched all four of them last year, and I actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the most.

The inter-dimensional aliens are actually more realistic than what was in the first three movies. The nuke fridge scene was ridiculous, but it was also kind of funny, so I didn't care. The only scene I hated was when Shia Labouf was swinging through the jungle. It looked so fake and cheesy.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Either 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen', or 'Funny People'. Sadly, I saw both in the cinema and I sighed multiple times throughout both. I kept looking to the corner of the screen hoping that there was a countdown to when the bloody film(s) was going to end!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I didn't watch any of the Indiana Jones movies until I watched all four of them last year, and I actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the most.
    Somewhere two puppies and a kitten are absolutely disappointed.

Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Somewhere two puppies and a kitten are absolutely disappointed.
    I see a lot of people hate that movie, but no one has really given a good explanation as to why. I was late to these movies, so maybe you could help me out?

Master Sage
    Items User name style

The inter-dimensional aliens are actually more realistic than what was in the first three movies. The nuke fridge scene was ridiculous, but it was also kind of funny, so I didn't care. The only scene I hated was when Shia Labouf was swinging through the jungle. It looked so fake and cheesy.

Havent laughed so hard in my life Ixion. Thank you for that.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 03-11-2012 at 05:13.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    I see a lot of people hate that movie, but no one has really given a good explanation as to why. I was late to these movies, so maybe you could help me out?
    it would be harder to understand if you just seen them recently. tell me, how did you feel about the star wars prequels compared to the originals? it's kind of the same boat
    Last edited by Funeralfog; 03-11-2012 at 21:57.

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

15. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Street Fighter... with Van Damme, god awful cripe that was.

Apprentice
    I have not seen is the worst!!!!
    worst film ever
    Plan 9 from Outer Space is a feature film by Ed Wood, from the year 1959. In a poll of the 1979 published book The Golden Turkey Awards, Plan 9 from Outer Space for the "worst American film of all time" is selected.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    it would be harder to understand if you just seen them recently. tell me, how did you feel about the star wars prequels compared to the originals? it's kind of the same boat
    To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars. I enjoy Episodes IV and V, but only a decent amount.

And that kind of goes for Indiana Jones too. Part of the reason why the fourth movie edges out the others is because I wasn't crazy about the originals. The 2nd one was just stupid and the 3rd one had too much action. So that leaves the 1st and 4th, and the 4th has the biggest emphasis on story out of all four.

Ultimate Veteran
    I never got around to seeing Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but I remember James Rolfe of Cinemassacre doing a little review for the movie a while back and thought it was decent (gave it 3 out of 5). I'm also not crazy about the first three movies either although they are good movies.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Grew up on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies. Classics around my area. Just like the Back to the Future trilogy.

I remember my dad taking me to see the special edition of Star Wars Ep 1 in theaters.

Administrator
    Star Wars isn't a trilogy it's a... sixology. And Ep. 1 is the 4th movie. Prequels confuse the heck out of me. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but they couldn't have picked worse actors to play young Anakin and angsty teen Anakin.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Star Wars isn't a trilogy it's a... sixology. And Ep. 1 is the 4th movie. Prequels confuse the heck out of me. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, but they couldn't have picked worse actors to play young Anakin and angsty teen Anakin.
    I dont know what you are talking about.
    There is only a Star Wars Trilogy.
    Everything else is a mad man with a good cg team making an abomination.

23. Likes Metal King Slime, RedDragon7 likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I dont know what you are talking about.
    There is only a Star Wars Trilogy.
    Everything else is a mad man with a good cg team making an abomination.
    Lol... touché.

Master Guru
    Wendigo

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation

I remember my dad taking me to see the special edition of Star Wars Ep 1 in theaters.
    This was pretty much my very first introduction to Star Wars. I'll never how in awe I was at the opening of a new hope and how massive that Imperial ship was.

Ultimate Veteran
    Grew up on the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogies. Classics around my area. Just like the Back to the Future trilogy.

I'm a bigger fan of the Back to the Future trilogy than I am with Star Wars or Indiana Jones. I used to watch them a lot when I was younger and I always liked Christopher Lloyd's character. He even made an appearance in Fringe.

Thread Information