Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    Items PS3 Fat
    Also enjoying it alot... which i was surprised about since i've never managed to get along with the few Tales game i've tried on the PSP - I've never been a great hater of English dubs either so can't really comment past saying i didn't have any problems with this one.

Much better review here, it describes the game almost exactly how i would, theres no originality to the story (Amnesia is mentioned in the first 10 minutes) but the rest of the game is great fun.

Short Attention Span Summary
    While the franchise is no stranger to cliché, Tales of Graces f is more predictable than ever, and the characters can be pigeonholed into familiar JRPG archetypes. That said, the characters are still likeable and full of the same kind of entertaining banter that the franchise is known for, and the story is good enough that you’ll at least want to see it through to the end. The HD facelift was a big improvement for this game, even though it’s not quite as impressive as similar games on the system. The soundtrack isn’t as memorable this time around, but Namco Bandai put together a good cast for the English dubbing which should make the character interaction all the more entertaining. It’s a stellar package overall, and one fans should definitely get a kick out of. So Tales fans, if you are reading this and haven’t already, go buy Tales of Graces f. If you want to see Tales of Xillia make its way to North America, you pretty much owe it to yourselves to pick it up anyway. I enjoyed my time with it and would do so again given the opportunity. In fact, I think I figured out what the “f” in Tales of Graces f means. It stands for “fun.”

Link

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    IGN says its worth the purchase but the reviewer is only 20 hrs in the game
    Source

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    IGN says its worth the purchase but the reviewer is only 20 hrs in the game
    Source
    Fifteen on my part and already I adore the world and it's characters. There's not a single one from my party that I dislike(Well, Pascal can be a bit strange). I can't comment on the story yet since I've barely scratched the surface but most of what's going on so far is rather predictable.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Fifteen on my part and already I adore the world and it's characters. There's not a single one from my party that I dislike(Well, Pascal can be a bit strange). I can't comment on the story yet since I've barely scratched the surface but most of what's going on so far is rather predictable.
    Most Tales game are predictable but fun. I will be getting this tomorrow as I have a craving for an RPG.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member

I'll be picking it up soon myself, but I'm still playing White Knight Chronicles and it going to be a while before I'm done. And then there is Xenoblade coming soon....
    Shinei!

***** dweller
    So I "Beat" the game and I felt a bit disappointed by how it ended. But after the credits rolled and I was taken back to the main menu I was given different options such as New Game +, some cat world in which you can listen to the OST, watch skits and anime scenes that took place in the game. But the thing that intrigued me was a new mode so I decided to check it out and it turned out to be the continuation to the main game.. >_> I don't know how many hours long this extra is going to take but I welcome it!. Will let you guys know how that one will turn out.

Edit: Okay so the extra story was added for the PS3 version of Graces. They say that it's about 10+ hours so this is a great bonus.
    Last edited by Fon; 03-28-2012 at 22:40.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Hmm seems like I'll have to play it.

***** dweller
    Man. I usually don't care about DLC's but I've been buying costume DLC's like crazy.. Especially for Sophie. I'm afraid of what I might do if they release the Code Geass costumes and the Haseo one for Asbel.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So the games like 30 hours long?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    So the games like 30 hours long?
    Seems to be or I am playing it slowly. It is one of those will take 100 hour to do everything type of game I think.

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Man. I usually don't care about DLC's but I've been buying costume DLC's like crazy.. Especially for Sophie. I'm afraid of what I might do if they release the Code Geass costumes and the Haseo one for Asbel.
    Oh god dont say that. the store already taken enough of my money lol.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Damn, I really want this game, but I've been spending too much money lately. Have a friend who would actually wanna play it with me. The extra story bit sounds pretty cool too.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    yeah? great i love those type of games haha
    so far they got the suit and school uniforms up on the store right..code geass one and .hack one does look nice
    Last edited by Kuro; 03-29-2012 at 01:59.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I hope we get the Code Geass costumes
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

***** dweller
    Finally beat the extra story. It really did leave a good closure on the characters and the ending was sweet. I feel compelled to play New Game + with 5x EXP and anything else I can unlock.

My final impressions: The game is fun from start to finish. Character development is outstanding which is something the Tales Studios still has the magic touch on. The battle system to me is a huge improvement but it's also difficult. One thing that I was disappointed in is the lack of a world map and airship to travel in(You do get one but all you can do is browse and choose your destination). But the amount of content makes up for that. Overall it's worth the purchase!.

Miqo'te Bard
    How long is extra story?

***** dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    How long is extra story?
    Roughly 7-10 hours.

Superior Member

So overall a 40 to 50 hour game, but 100+ for completionists?
    Shinei!

***** dweller
    Quote Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
    So overall a 40 to 50 hour game, but 100+ for completionists?
    Not sure on that one. You'll have to play New Game+ to even have a chance against certain optional bosses because they're ridiculously difficult!(New Game+ will give you 2x-5x exp bonuses if you want).

Miqo'te Bard
    Beat reg game. Still got lineage part to do. May wait. Overall it was a good game. I do not like how easily mobs can surround a character and just beat them down. Also do not like later levels no matter how much you overlevel it is still a combo rev up system. Still was a very good game.

Superior Member

still playing through WKCI. too busy with job and family to play often. So I'll probably beat WKCI, get Tales of Graces, then move on to WKCII. Of course, I may have to fit Xenoblade in there at some point and then there is Prototype 2....
    Shinei!

Thread Information