Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Kony 2012

Please people share this video as much as possible.

2. Likes Enthroll, Sylar likes this post
    Super Elite
    7 hours and not a single response?

This is me making a change. Shared it on Facebook.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The internet is one powerful thing.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    LOL couldn't be bothered watching it but they misspelled Sony...Idiots. Were there any cool products shown?

6. Likes Xelios, BBK.. likes this post
    Forum Sage

Ghost, i think i just fell in love with you. You had me going until i read that spoiler xD

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Yeah I suddenly saw this video explode on youtube so naturally the first thing and also THE LEAST I could do was share it some more.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    pretty cool video cant believed he mentioned 'the game' though, fffuuuu!!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Please don't bring this onto the forum too..been pissing me off all day. All over Facebook and Youtube. Its just the Internet's little pet project this week..a couple of days and everyone will have moved onto the next thing. Remember SOPA and those other acts? Yeah, don't see anyone talking about them anymore.

People just jump on these stupid bandwagons to inflate their damn egos.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

11. Likes Acid Snake , Mael Duin, Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Please don't bring this onto the forum too..been pissing me off all day. All over Facebook and Youtube. Its just the Internet's little pet project this week..a couple of days and everyone will have moved onto the next thing. Remember SOPA and those other acts? Yeah, don't see anyone talking about them anymore.

A very ignorant response indeed. I don't give crap about SOPA and I never did. People don't have the time to help others in need, but now apparently they get pissed off just by LOOKING or HEARING at these videos.

"How dare this video waste precious seconds of my life! I would have found the cure for cancer and AIDS if it hadn't been for this lousy video"

what's wrong with sharing a video that can help someone make a difference?

Last edited by Itachi; 03-07-2012 at 19:18.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    But the thing is this won't make a difference..it really won't. What I say is true, mark my words. In a matter of days/weeks people will lose interest and move onto something else. I would bet money on that.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    But the thing is this won't make a difference..it really won't. What I say is true, mark my words. In a matter of days/weeks people will lose interest and move onto something else. I would bet money on that.
    But that still isn't reason enough to stop the people who are trying. I know I won't be a direct ppart of the movement and that's why I thought it was the least I could do. Its perfectly fine if you think it won't work but what's the worst thing that can happen if you DO spread the message?

For example I shared the video last night on Facebook and especially requested people to not ignore it. 15 hours past and no one bothered, no likes or shares. Atleast I tried and did what I could. It only took a second to hit the share button, and maybe someone will share my post again. I don't want to sound cliche and stuff but so many movements in history started with countless people doubting it will work.

15. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Master Poster
    Invisible Children has been making a difference since they started.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Elite Sage
    Slacktivism.

Gives you the feeling that you accomplished in helping a cause, but you never really did anything.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

18. Likes MentallyCritical likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    basically what they are advocating...is that the U.S. should violate the sovereignty of any nation it wants even if it isn't a compelling defense or economic purpose for the U.S...i bet these were teh same people saying no to the Iraq war. Its just nonsense. Not our problem. I have no prolem providing aid to the children to but to fight another persons war is just stupid. We don't have the money r the will power.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

I BE A PIRATE!!!
    Items User name style
    ok so like i don't have 20 minutes to watch this (basically no interest/patience to) can someone do a quick rundown of what exactly is going on here?

steam id: ravioli704

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

What's the point of being pissed about it? Nobody is forcing you to participate. Granted, 99% of the status messages on my FB are this Kony thing, but I'm not gonna rage over it. o_O

<< TapaTALLLKKKKK! >>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Icc View Post
    ok so like i don't have 20 minutes to watch this (basically no interest/patience to) can someone do a quick rundown of what exactly is going on here?
    guy named kony in uganada using child soldiers to stay in power and a bunch of 20 somethin white college kids saying the u.s. govt should step in and kill the dude.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Slacktivism.

Gives you the feeling that you accomplished in helping a cause, but you never really did anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    basically what they are advocating...is that the U.S. should violate the sovereignty of any nation it wants even if it isn't a compelling defense or economic purpose for the U.S...i bet these were teh same people saying no to the Iraq war. Its just nonsense. Not our problem. I have no prolem providing aid to the children to but to fight another persons war is just stupid. We don't have the money r the will power.
    Posts like these make me acknowledge and respect the people who work towards such causes even more. Its amazing how quickly people jump the gun and turn a deaf ear when the narrator of the video spent 8 FRIGGIN YEARS fighting for this even when it was not his problem. And the truth is he is just one of many doing so.
    Last edited by Itachi; 03-08-2012 at 02:58.

24. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    Meh... I posted the video in a few places. I broke down. I don't think it'll help anything, but it certainly won't hurt anything.

<< TapaTALLLKKKKK! >>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Posts like these make me acknowledge and respect the people who work towards such causes even more. Its amazing how quickly people jump the gun and turn a deaf ear when the narrator of the video spent 8 FRIGGIN YEARS fighting for this even when it was not his problem. And the truth is he is just one of many doing so.
    Ok go persuade congress to fight Uganda war. I have no problem with what this dude is doin, but leave it in the not for profit sector. Its not the responsibility of the u.s. govt

Administrator
    Ok go persuade congress to fight Uganda war. I have no problem with what this dude is doin, but leave it in the not for profit sector. Its not the responsibility of the u.s. govt
    That hasn't stopped the US before. We LOVE sticking our heads in other people's business. :]

<< TapaTALLLKKKKK! >>

28. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    So in other words, you acknowledge and respect people who pretend to do something for the cause, and then not really do anything for the cause?

Kinda strange.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That hasn't stopped the US before. We LOVE sticking our heads in other people's business. :]

<< TapaTALLLKKKKK! >>
    I agree. Iraq or Libya anyone? Raise the money in not for profit, get volunteers, recruit other humanitarian organization. Leave the u.s. military, our personelle and dollars out of it.

Friendship is Carrots
    As honorable of a movement as this is, it won't accomplish much- if anything at all. Even if Kony is captured, someone else will just take his place. This will just end up being a revenge mission.

Probably because we accomplished our goal and got SOPA shelved, so your point is moot.

basically what they are advocating...is that the U.S. should violate the sovereignty of any nation it wants even if it isn't a compelling defense or economic purpose for the U.S...i bet these were teh same people saying no to the Iraq war. Its just nonsense. I have no prolem providing aid to the children to but to fight another persons war is just stupid. We don't have the money r the will power.
    What they're advocating is that the civilized world should sit around and selfishly think of their own concerns when there are people suffering.

Not our problem.
    Hm, yes, and I'm sure your position in the world totally didn't affect this objective statement.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Poster
    It's a violation of human rights. Shouldn't the United Nations supposed to do something about it?
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Thread Information