Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PlayStation UK boss on Move: 'Great tech, probably not so great games'

Move is definitely lacking on the software side. Lets hope E-3 brings some good news about some new titles. It over 10 miilion now and we need more games built for it.
    Sony Computer Entertainment UK boss Fergal Gara has acknowledged thatMove has yet to live up to its potential on the software side of things.
    But speaking to our friends at Official PlayStation Magazine UK, the exec said Sony's upcoming Move games give him a lot of hope for the future."What I'm thinking is that it's better suited towards the casual market, certainly, but we also are pretty clear that we could have done a better job on the titles we've had and we've brought to market for the PlayStation Move," Gara said.
    "As you've said, great tech, probably not so great applications so far," he continued. "So there's a job for us to do on the strength of games, and having seen what's forthcoming gives me great hope that we can do a better job with Move as we look forward. So we're certainly not forgetting about it."
    Gara's comments come in the same week Sony said it has shipped 10.5 million Move units worldwide. The platform holder also dated its next Move-exclusive PS3 game today. Sorcery will launch in Europe on May 23.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...o-great-games/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I dunno, Heavy Rain, inFamous 2, KZ 3, Resistance 3, SOCOM 4, Sly Collection, LBP2, Child of Eden were all great games for me. I look forward to playing Dust 514, Bioshock Infinite, Counter Strike: GO, Sorcery, Ninja Gaiden and quite likely Aliens: Colonial Marines this year with Move...

Seems like a matter of opinion huh, I think there has been lots of great Move games.
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-09-2012 at 00:26.

Forum Sage
    yea, but none of those games weren't built specifically for move. Not like the title Sorcery. Hopefully we get some E-3 surprises but I won't get my hopes up.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    yea, but none of those games weren't built specifically for move. Not like the title Sorcery. Hopefully we get some E-3 surprises but I won't get my hopes up.
    And that is why Move is so awesome. It's an advantage, not a disadvantage that they aren't Move only games. Like Levine said regarding Move in Bioshock, it shouldn't be something that is forced on gamers. I don't understand how anyone can downplay a title that uses the traditional DS3 and successfully supports Move. For those who took the time to get used to Move, the FPS genre has changed. I LOVE Move + Sharpshooter with FPS games. As I said before, there are 3 Move FPS games coming this year and it is highly expected that Aliens and Borderlands 2 will support Move.

We will be seeing more Move titles this year, Koller has stated it will be pushed along with Vita and 3D this year by Sony. There is Datura and Sorcery announced so far.

But yeah, a game with Move is a game with Move, regardless if it was built from scratch with it in mind or if it is one of the many fine titles that acquired a new and interesting way to interface with the game using the tech.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I do want to see some more Move only games, didn't buy it as an optional controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

6. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I do want to see some more Move only games, didn't buy it as an optional controller.
    Fair enough, Sony will cater to us both this year then.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    And that is why Move is so awesome. It's an advantage, not a disadvantage that they aren't Move only games. Like Levine said regarding Move in Bioshock, it shouldn't be something that is forced on gamers. I don't understand how anyone can downplay a title that uses the traditional DS3 and successfully supports Move. For those who took the time to get used to Move, the FPS genre has changed. I LOVE Move + Sharpshooter with FPS games. As I said before, there are 3 Move FPS games coming this year and it is highly expected that Aliens and Borderlands 2 will support Move.

We will be seeing more Move titles this year, Koller has stated it will be pushed along with Vita and 3D this year by Sony. There is Datura and Sorcery announced so far.

But yeah, a game with Move is a game with Move, regardless if it was built from scratch with it in mind or if it is one of the many fine titles that acquired a new and interesting way to interface with the game using the tech.
    All that tacked on stuff is a cool option but I didn't go buy one to play games that I can play with the DS3. I'm sure many feel the same way. So far I'm a little disappointed in the number titles being created for this technology. Next to Sorcery, which looks ok, there isn't a lot to look forward too.

9. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    All that tacked on stuff is a cool option but I didn't go buy one to play games that I can play with the DS3. I'm sure many feel the same way. So far I'm a little disappointed in the number titles being created for this technology. Next to Sorcery, which looks ok, there isn't a lot to look forward too.
    Hmm, as with most aspects of gaming, I'm not so critical that I let matters like if a title is Move exclusive or not stop me from enjoying a game for what it is, or a control scheme for how it works. Of course I would like some Move only games, I will be getting Sorcery and Datura when it hits, but I've had a blast with my Move, enjoying games for what they are.

11. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hmm, as with most aspects of gaming, I'm not so critical that I let matters like if a title is Move exclusive or not stop me from enjoying a game for what it is, or a control scheme for how it works. Of course I would like some Move only games, I will be getting Sorcery and Datura when it hits, but I've had a blast with my Move, enjoying games for what they are.
    Oh, I do enjoy the games for what they are. I just think its pointless to play the game with another controller when it really doesn't enhance the game experience IMO. Sony isn't really pushing the boundaries of what the controller can do.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Oh, I do enjoy the games for what they are. I just think its pointless to play the game with another controller when it really doesn't enhance the game experience IMO. Sony isn't really pushing the boundaries of what the controller can do.
    Ok. Well Move and Sharpshooter didn't just enhance games for me, they got me into the FPS genre. Pulling a trigger to fire and aiming a rifle type device at the screen kicks ass in my book.

Still, for those who need a games to be exclusively Move, things will reportedly pick up this year.

Superior Member
    I'll gladly accept some move only adventure titles like Sorcery but if the move only games are just dance around type games then I'd rather see it implemented into more core games as an option.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Thread Information