Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No, I think it's fair that we should see a game because right now the tech demo looks no different than Heavy Rain. It's especially pointless to say that the new engine is only 50 percent complete or whatever because then they're just wasting our time. This is why I want to see them showcase an actual game instead of feeding us some more PR bullshit and not having fanboys come out the woodwork praising the tech as though it were written into them like its own scripted sequence i.e. calling anyone who has the smallest bit of criticism "haters".

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

2. Likes Sub-stance1, F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    No, I think it's fair that we should see a game because right now the tech demo looks no different than Heavy Rain. It's especially pointless to say that the new engine is only 50 percent complete or whatever because then they're just wasting our time. This is why I want to see them showcase an actual game instead of feeding us some more PR bullshit and not having fanboys come out the woodwork praising the tech as though it were written into them like its own scripted sequence i.e. calling anyone who has the smallest bit of criticism "haters".

A+++ +rep +like Agreed, etc., etc.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

The demo was as much about the performance as it was the graphics. It wasn't just showcasing their graphical might. Maybe you need a game, I got plenty from the demo and the various interiews with Cage regarding it.

Also I don't really appreciate you calling me a fanboy. I am just as entitled to express an optimistic opinion as a pesimistic one. I am sorry if this offends you, but lets not bring out the f word.. I didn't call anyone expressing an opinion a hater either, I guess you misunderstood what I said.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

5. Likes TEJ2025 wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B

From one Packer Backer to another...+1 Agreed!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    How can you say this without examining their code?
    Are you kidding me? Just by looking how well the game actually runs. The better the optimization, the better it will run on a hardware.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The demo was as much about the performance as it was the graphics. It wasn't just showcasing their graphical might. Maybe you need a game, I got plenty from the demo and the various interiews with Cage regarding it.

Also I don't really appreciate you calling me a fanboy. I am just as entitled to express an optimistic opinion as a pesimistic one. I am sorry if this offends you, but lets not bring out the f word.. I didn't call anyone expressing an opinion a hater either, I guess you misunderstood what I said.
    Well, telling someone to take off the critical hater shades because they want to point out how frequent it is for development studios to go back and forth on their "power of the home consoles" routine seems pretty fanboyish to me. Besides, I don't appreciate people calling me a pessimist when I have said on multiple occasions already that I'm still looking forward to whatever Quantic Dream ends up creating. I just want to see it in the form of a video game.
    Last edited by Black; 03-10-2012 at 21:51.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

9. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think we are the stage of these consoles lifecycles where we wont be seeing night and day differences between the games we have seen recently and the games going forward. Not saying we wont see some noticable improvements but its not going to be a quantum leap. I hope we get to see the actual game at E3 because I'm betting its going to be a great game with some good story telling.

Ultimate Veteran
    How long did it take devs to really get a hold of the PS2? Didn't God of War 2 come out 7 years into it's lifecycle?

12. Likes skinny_jr wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Well, telling someone to take off the critical hater shades because they want to point out how frequent it is for development studios to go back and forth on their "power of the home consoles" routine seems pretty fanboyish to me. Besides, I don't appreciate people calling me a pessimist when I have said on multiple occasions already that I'm still looking forward to whatever Quantic Dream ends up creating. I just want to see it in the form of a video game.
    Did I call you a pessimist? I said I was free to post optimistically or pessimistically. Anyway, enough. Time will be the judge. If I am wrong then there are some nice posts to drag up and rub in my face whenever the next QD game surfaces.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm sure the game will be good, but for now its just something that devs do.......which is PR hype..

Master Guru
    It's clear that the PS3 has a lot left to offer. It's good knowing that when you buy a console like a PS console that you'll be getting plenty of bang for your buck.

Look at games like Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 and others. They still look and play better than most of the games that are coming out today.

16. Likes skinny_jr, Ghost , Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Are you kidding me? Just by looking how well the game actually runs. The better the optimization, the better it will run on a hardware.
    But what are you comparing that game to? You can't compare it to other games, because their code is completely different.

What I'm saying is, if a game runs well it doesn't necessarily mean its optimized. And if a game runs poorly it doesn't necessarily mean it's not optimized.

That being said, all developers do some level of optimization. But you really can't tell if something can be improved or not without looking at the underlying code.

Extreme Poster
    Let's keep it simple, in a context, going from Heavy Rain to their next game, they might very well have much more power left to work with.

If you look at this comment in a broader sense, then yes no one has ever maxed the console and at the same time they all have...the reality is that it depends on every developer when they have maxed the console as far as their ability.

Someone could make pacman and say that they have a ton more power left to work with in their next title, which is true.

19. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

21. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information