Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 10 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, an upcoming CG movie using characters from the franchise's first appearance, was revealed at a Square Enix press conference during the most recent Tokyo Game Show.

This week, additional information on the game was publicized.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will take place two years after the original PlayStation Final Fantasy VII game. The world looks to be peaceful, having avoided destruction, but inhabitants have begun suffering a new physical malaise called Seikon-Shoukougun.

Cloud has been living alone up to this point. While Sephiroth was seen in promotional footage at the Tokyo Game Show, it is not known if he has been resurrected or if his appearance was a dramatization from Cloud's past.

Two mysterious characters are seen in Advent Children--one is a gray-haired man in a tight black costume (actually seen fighting duels with Cloud during various promotional events at TGS). Another mysterious character is covered in white linen from head to toe, seen sitting in a wheelchair. No hints have been given as to who this character is.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is scheduled for release in the summer of 2004. But I'm hoping its gonna appear on PS3, not just as a film

Dedicated Member

im not a very big fan of Final Fantasy and i havent played Final Fantasy VII but ive heard good things and i think Final Fantasy VII-2 look quite promising

Veteran
    You can download the trailer from here. (12mb)

http://www.ffxionline.net/forum/stuff/movie/ff7ac.mpeg

to download right click and select save target as.

If your a FF7 fan you'll be blown away

Superior Member

Im not much of an FF bop but i hear they have decent graphics.

PS3Insider.com

Veteran
    Yes thats very true, all the FF's have been graphically ahead of most games. Perhaps one day FF - Spirits within style graphics will be in games, but it wont be as soon as PS3. Heres hoping PS4 will blur the line between reality and graphics.

Some might argue that good graphics dont make the game, and I agree, but I think good graphics can certainly make it nicer to look. Just take Gran turismo for example.

Anonymous

FF-Vii advant children

FFVII is certainly a promising movie for all FF fans. It is going to be a power house of graphics. Maybe even better than FF-spirits within. We all just wait and see... Did any one get the date? I'll look in my old magazines and try to find it

G2G

Dedicated Member

i cant seem to find anything about it

Veteran
    What exactly are you looking for?

Dedicated Member

FFVII-2 pics

Veteran
    Theres some great ones here;

http://www.ff7-2.com/index.php?id=screens2

Dedicated Member

SWEET!!!!!!!!! thanks

Dedicated Member

Re: Final Fantasy VII - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, an upcoming CG movie using characters from the franchise's first appearance, was revealed at a Square Enix press conference during the most recent Tokyo Game Show.

This week, additional information on the game was publicized.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will take place two years after the original PlayStation Final Fantasy VII game. The world looks to be peaceful, having avoided destruction, but inhabitants have begun suffering a new physical malaise called Seikon-Shoukougun.

Cloud has been living alone up to this point. While Sephiroth was seen in promotional footage at the Tokyo Game Show, it is not known if he has been resurrected or if his appearance was a dramatization from Cloud's past.

Two mysterious characters are seen in Advent Children--one is a gray-haired man in a tight black costume (actually seen fighting duels with Cloud during various promotional events at TGS). Another mysterious character is covered in white linen from head to toe, seen sitting in a wheelchair. No hints have been given as to who this character is.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is scheduled for release in the summer of 2004. But I'm hoping its gonna appear on PS3, not just as a film
    I am with you on this one. It would be cool it this movie turned out to just a teaser trailer for the game. If you don't know what I mean, I mean that at the end of the credits these words (or similiar) would come out:

Coming Soon to PS3.

But then again I also heard that they really didn't plan on making a sequel. The main guy it was too hard since this game is old and kinda mixing it w/ new things would be difficult. I am still hoping they would release remakes of VII, VIII, and IX but I guess the aint.

Veteran
    Well prospects are looking good. Square-enix seem much more likely to do it now than they were 2 years ago. They've had such a huge appeal from the fans who want to see the game remade on the PS2/3. The main FF7 character designer has expressed how he would really like to do a remake of FF7, so its not entirely impossible. In fact It seems fairly likely.

It looks so übercool. FFVII is stilla nd probably always will be my fave game ever. And Sephiroth is easily the coolest bad guy ever made in a game.
    Word to your mother

Blake
    It's ok to use proper grammer, no one will think your a tool.

Dedicated Member

lol

Veteran
    A new trailer for FFVII AC has been released. In this one you get a glimpse of the Shinra cannon, Barret, the Life Stream, and Aeries! Heres a couple pics if you don't wanna downlaod the trailer. You can download it here:
    http://www.ps3portal.com/Final_Fanta...n_Trailer2.avi (44mb)

(**Please don't Hot Link if you're not a member of these Forums) Thank you )

It looks promising. All there really is to say is I hope it sells more than spirits within.

Blake
    Eh...Spirits Within was a movie. My only guess is your talking about when it came out on video.

Veteran
    If by a Movie you mean a Film that comes out in the Cinema then no, AC will not be one of those, just a DVD. You could compare sales between the two DVD's but then again would that be fair on Spirit's Within? Because a big chunk of the people who saw it likely saw it at the cinema, which would probably lead to less sales of the DVD. Anyway yea I agree, I hope FFAC will do we'll, hopefully better than FFSW.

Apprentice

ffVII-2 looks really great!!! cloud and sephiroth look so awesome!!! i wish that it would've become a video game like the first rumors were, but squaresoft have definitley outdone themselves!!!
    "Pitiful mortal. Your hope ends here."

Veteran
    I've found some new information from www.7ac.net

Basically a new scan with a few new shoots of Tifa has appeared. The names of the 3 *evil* characters have apparently been translated to Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz.

The filesize is quite big though

Click here to view the scan!

Form one image it looks like the Turks will be back. One looks like Reno, and the bald guy i'm guessing is Rude.
    If history is to change, let it change.
    If the world is to be destroyed, so be it.
    If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.

WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

I have not seen these images!!! and that free trailer about the game !

I heard in Spain that it wil gonna be a movie called "Final Fantasy Advent Children", but anything about this!!!!!

I am a fan of the game since 1997 when FFVII appear in Spain !! Is the best game i have never played, including Winning Eleven 7 International with blakcat patch (spanish league).

FFVII-2 incredible ... this could be the best game of the world.

Questions:

1.- Which plataform? for ps3 or ps2? ?¿?¿

2.- Will them (movie & game) apppear at the same time?

Greetings!
    el3mento is HERE with US

Veteran
    Well many people would like to see FF7 - 2 (the game), but it is unlikely to happen . The developers did say they would like to make a sequal to the game, but it's not being developed as of yet.

The Images above are from the film Final Fantasy Advent Childeren, not the game. I'd love to see a sequal, but it just aint happening yet unfortunately.

Thread Information