Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

I have a whole bunch of information on Advent Children. Characters include all of your former allies, including Aeris (and it seems like she may be more than just a flashback from some pics found.) This includes Tifa, Barrett, Nanaki aka Red XIII, Yuffie, etc. Also, yes, Reno and Rude are supposed to be working together and possibly new allies of Cloud. Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo all seem to answer to a sheet-covered person in a wheelchair which is rumored to be Sephiroth!
    And for all of those that think that this is the only FFVII sequel, they are making another sequel on Vincent's story called FFVII-Dirge of Cerberus.
    For more information, I have created a site skimming through stuff that I have found. It's http://www.freewebs.com/lsvii/
    Like I said, this is all copied from other sites. Lots of great images and some information on the Dirge of Cerberus.
    Bye

"Pitiful mortal. Your hope ends here."

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't wait any longer to see this movie. I hear it might even be up for some awards and things like that (which I can't say much for The Spirits Within...which had absolutely nothing to do with the series)...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Apprentice

The Spirits Within was such a disappointment. I didn't mind that it wasn't connected to the other final fantasies (although it sort of did have a FFVII FFVIII mix to it in my opinion). But it was boring and not didn't have a good plot or anything. It just seemed like they put 10x more time into the graphics than the actual movie. Out of 5 stars I would give it a 1.5.

Administrator
    ^^^^^

Yes, I was thoroughly impressed by the visuals. They were like eye candy to me. But the overall lack of plot and storytelling left me with an overall feeling of empty disappointment. The old trailer for the movie looked awesome because they basically packed every single action sequence of the ENTIRE movie into the trailer. And those action scenes were basically spread out through an hour and a half. Most of it seemed rather bland to me. I never got really excited during any point of the movie.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    The whole 'spirits attacking thing' wasn't particularly scary or thrilling, but like everyone has already said; the graphics were truly amazing.

Apprentice

Yep, the one thing we can always depend on Final Fantasy for is the graphics! As much as some of their stuff has disappointed us (even though I liked everything but TSW) their graphics have always been top notch for the available technology of that time!

Administrator
    Square definitely has a talent for beautiful visuals. They did that CG scene for the Animatrix as well...the one with the girl and the guy fighting in their underwear. That looked almost real =) They've definitely come a long way.

Apprentice

Yes they have. They also did FFVII very well when it came out and that was a total jump from FFVI. And now they're showing us that they have even more originality and creativity and they can still top every other games graphics and gameplay! (That's my opinion!)

Administrator
    ^^^^^

That's my opinion too But FF X-2 is a little um...too lame for my tastes (I haven't beaten it yet. I'm at the last battle fight so don't say anything!!)...and I didn't get into XI...I'm hoping FFXII will be really awesome =)

Apprentice

FFX-2 is lame but I love it. And, I suggest that if you want the good ending you should work really hard to 100% complete it! I was at my friends house when she had the game and had it all done and I bought all the FMV's to watch in Luca (cause I figured I wasn't gonna buy the game anyway) and once I saw the good ending I decided that I had to buy it! I love it... Sigh...

Administrator
    There's 3 endings...and there's only one that I really want to see...which is the secret ending (which I already know what it's based on, so I NEED TO SEE IT!!). I haven't been able to complete everything 100%...it's insane. I'm desperate, but not THAT desperate. I have 100% on everything except the final chapter...so yeah.

The whole 'spirits attacking thing' wasn't particularly scary or thrilling
    That was very cool at first...but then it just got old. It was kind of creepy...it was like they were ripping the souls right from their bodies...

Apprentice

I'm still working on 100%ing the game! I was so desperate after not being able to get 91% that I went out and bought the guide the other day!!! It's a great ending from what I remember!!!

Administrator
    If I don't get the ending in the game...I'll just go download it on LimeWire =)

Does anyone know when the FF: Advent Children release date is??

Superior Member

I dont think there is a known date yet. My guess is Round about christmas in Japan and the first quarter everywhere else. Sorry that I wasnt much help.

Administrator
    All I see around other websites is TBA 2005...

Also...it appears that FFXII will be released in Japan in April 2005 at the earliest Square is disappointing me quite a bit as of late...

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky
    All I see around other websites is TBA 2005...

Also...it appears that FFXII will be released in Japan in April 2005 at the earliest Square is disappointing me quite a bit as of late...
    What format are you getting the Final Fantasy: Advent Children on, DVD, UMD, VHS ?

Administrator
    I'll be getting it on DVD. I don't want to experience this movie on the small PSP screen.

Dedicated Member
    But you won't be able to watch the movie anywhere.
    "If the evolutionary roads like the PS3 are closed off, the industry will no longer grow." - Hideo Kojima
    "Oh God... please don't let me die today! Tomorrow would be so much better!"
    "Management is like playing a strategy game." - GalCiv2
    Weekly Console Hardware Sales in Japan last updated on March 26, 2009

Administrator
    I'm not going to watch the movie anywhere...I'm just going to watch it in my living room...

Apprentice

That's where it'll be on is the PSP?

Administrator
    I heard them mention UMD (PSP format) and DVD. Wouldn't make sense just to release the movie on a handheld with a small screen when you can watch it full screen on a Big TV with surround sound. They put 80 million into this one. I think it will be on multiple formats. That'd be cool if they released it for the PS3 in uncompressed High Definition format =)

Veteran
    The new English Advent Children Trailer can be found on IGN and just to let you guys know - it looks awsome.

See: http://media.psp.ign.com/media/608/608155/vids_1.html

Administrator
    I don't subscribe to IGN, so that doesn't help me much =( How much does it cost per year now, Morpheus? I know they've gone down considerably in price.

Forum Elder
    i dont have subscribtion to IGN and i can still watch the movie...just click on the windows player movie link not the quicktime movie link

Veteran
    Yes the movie is universal - anyone can watch it, IGN member or not.

Thread Information