Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68
  1. #26
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,970
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    109,217 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    That's actually my favorite scene in the movie. It gives me chills since I think it's so perfect. lol
    I'm glad someone found joy in that. Lol.


    * Tapatalking *
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  2. #27
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    What about Bill Pullman? He played the coolest president of all time!
    Morgan Freeman.

  3. #28
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Morgan Freeman.
    My brother made this Warhawk video, and I told him to put this scene as the intro lol.



    C'mon, Morgan Freeman never volunteered to fight aliens!

  4. #29
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    C'mon. Independence Day is not a bad movie. Yes, it's a blockbuster to the fullest and has a ton of one-liners, but it was done well and was very influential.
    I never said I didn't enjoy it. But it's still a bad movie -- same with Armageddon. I just happened to grow up enjoying them. Personally, I enjoyed the President's speech in that movie more than Independence Day.

    Last edited by Black; 03-15-2012 at 17:24.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  5. #30
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You picked out a Bay film with Affleck as the lead. No, just no. May as well nominate Daredevil.

    Ah ****, Freeman's presidential role was in Deep Impact. I think there's a recurring theme here.

    All presidential roles suck.

  6. #31
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I never said I didn't enjoy it. But it's still a bad movie -- same with Armageddon. I just happened to grow up enjoying them. Personally, I enjoyed the President's speech in that movie more than Independence Day.

    I think Independence Day is a well-done blockbuster, while Armageddon is a mess. Neither may have depth or a complex plot, but Michael Bay even makes the action unwatchable in Armageddon.

  7. Dislikes RedDragon7 dislikes this post
  8. #32
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,095
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    28,791 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


    /Thread

  9. #33
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I never said I didn't enjoy it. But it's still a bad movie -- same with Armageddon. I just happened to grow up enjoying them. Personally, I enjoyed the President's speech in that movie more than Independence Day.
    Ohh you best not be hatin on Armageddon you mother ****er!

    Its easily of my all time favorites, with an all star cast, epic story, and a great movie all through.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  10. #34
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,970
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    109,217 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post


    /Thread
    ...


    * Tapatalking *
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  11. #35
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Ohh you best not be hatin on Armageddon you mother ****er!

    Its easily of my all time favorites, with an all star cast, epic story, and a great movie all through.
    There is no way your serious.

  12. #36
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    There is no way your serious.
    Dead serious. What do you have against this movie. Besides the small bits of cheesy?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  13. #37
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Red, why did you dislike my post? Because I think Independence Day is a good movie?

  14. #38
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Red, why did you dislike my post? Because I think Independence Day is a good movie?
    Or...cause you dissing Armageddon, and praising Independence day.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  15. #39
    Dedicated Member
    mooninites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Great Below
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    436 (0 Banked)
    Items ICO
    Dude! Where's my car? What a horribly great movie that was

  16. #40
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Dead serious. What do you have against this movie. Besides the small bits of cheesy?
    Small?

    NASA picks a group of oil drillers to plant a tactical nuke on a asteroid that's gonna wipe out the world. Starring Ben Affleck, he's bearable but not by much. At least it's not a serious movie... oh wait, people are crying and dieing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Red, why did you dislike my post? Because I think Independence Day is a good movie?
    If there's one thing Bay does well, it's action.

    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    Dude! Where's my car? What a horribly great movie that was
    Haha, yes...

    "Dude, where's my car?"
    "Dude, where's your car?"
    "Dude.... where's my car?"

    I haven't seen that in years.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 03-15-2012 at 17:56.

  17. #41
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    You picked out a Bay film with Affleck as the lead. No, just no. May as well nominate Daredevil.

    Ah ****, Freeman's presidential role was in Deep Impact. I think there's a recurring theme here.

    All presidential roles suck.
    I think Independence Day is a well-done blockbuster, while Armageddon is a mess. Neither may have depth or a complex plot, but Michael Bay even makes the action unwatchable in Armageddon.
    For ****'s sake, guys. One movie is from director Michael Bay and the other by Roland Emmerich. What did you expect out of the writing? There are some parts that I like more than others but that doesn't change the fact that they're my favorite bad movies - guilty pleasures.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  18. #42
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    If there's one thing Bay does well, it's action.
    I'm sorry, but it's so chaotic that I can't follow what's going on and therefore I don't enjoy it. I usually zone out halfway through every Bay movie, except maybe The Rock.

  19. #43
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    For ****'s sake, guys. One movie is from director Michael Bay and the other by Roland Emmerich. What did you expect out of the writing? There are some parts that I like more than others but that doesn't change the fact that they're my favorite bad movies - guilty pleasures.
    That's why I stopped watching movies from them when I grew up. Roland even went so far as to make one of the worst movies ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's so chaotic that I can't follow what's going on and therefore I don't enjoy it. I usually zone out halfway through every Bay movie, except maybe The Rock.
    Don't ever watch Bourne trilogy then, you'll get motion sickness. I will agree some of the action in Revenge of the Fallen sucks arse. I also zone out during Bay films but that's solely from absurd writing.

  20. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fusion gunship
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,385
    Rep Power
    184
    Points
    47,481 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    That's why I stopped watching movies from them when I grew up. Roland even went so far as to make one of the worst movies ever.
    If you're talking about 2012, I gave the movie a low rating. Something like a 4/10. I don't care about Michael Bay anymore (and you know that) but I'll still watch a disaster movie from Roland Emmerich. Maybe I'm just naive by thinking he'll make something like Independence Day again.
    Last edited by Black; 03-15-2012 at 18:41.

    3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

  21. #45
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,205
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,894 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Actually, I'll give Roland The Patriot. It was good from what I remember.

    No, your not the only one. I wait for the day when Bay directs a well-written film. Thankfully I rarely hold onto that one.

  22. #46
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,158
    Rep Power
    138
    Points
    436,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Actually, I'll give Roland The Patriot. It was good from what I remember.
    You better...
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  23. #47
    Master Sage
    Nuvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    14,842
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    13,919 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Seed of Chucky

    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.


  24. #48
    Forum Sage
    FdMstng99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,917
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    699 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm sorry, but it's so chaotic that I can't follow what's going on and therefore I don't enjoy it. I usually zone out halfway through every Bay movie, except maybe The Rock.
    I loved The Rock. Everytime I watch that I end up talking like Sean Connery for about an hour after the movie. I actually talked like him typing this up.

  25. #49
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darkest Dungeon
    Posts
    13,028
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    31,138 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I loved The Rock as well.
    Definitely Bays best movie.


    RIP Oculus Rift



  26. #50
    Superior Member
    Anubis79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    584
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    126 (671 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    Cube, and Cube 2: Hypercube.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.