Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21222 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 979
  1. #276
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Brought back?
    Yes I did mean the assistant.


  2. #277
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh yeah did anyone else notice this?



    Between him and bow girl i think Team Rick will slaughter them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Yes I did mean the assistant.
    Never mind then.

  3. #278
    Elite Sage
    RedDragon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Posts
    10,238
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    18,772 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    That's one of the big themes of the show though, and of zombie apocalypse stuff in general, that nobody is safe.
    And we all know Rick can't get killed off, at least not for a while. Haven't read the comics so I don't know the future of his arc. That's the biggest issue with certain TV shows, "main" characters are left on so long they become serialized. Studio won't let them go because they become part of the success.

    I'm glad they're consistently changing out people, especially with a group. But as I mentioned, there's still a constant with that change.

  4. #279
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    And we all know Rick can't get killed off, at least not for a while. Haven't read the comics so I don't know the future of his arc. That's the biggest issue with certain TV shows, "main" characters are left on so long they become serialized. Studio won't let them go because they become part of the success.

    I'm glad they're consistently changing out people, especially with a group. But as I mentioned, there's still a constant with that change.
    Its pretty crazy on how the Prison Arc ends in the comics.
    Hint

  5. #280
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    That's different. Rick is the central focus of the entire show. That would be like killing Walter White and trying to continue Breaking Bad, or killing Dexter and trying to continue Dexter.


  6. #281
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Something i found funny


  7. #282
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I assume that's a Left4Dead reference?


  8. #283
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I assume that's a Left4Dead reference?
    yes

  9. #284
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,662
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    34,271 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So...ive read up to comic three. season 3 is nothing like the comic really.........also i know what happens and who lives at the end of comic 5

    watched Sundays ep last night, Glenn is the $#@!ing man!!!

    Andrea is a pathetic $#@!.

    the governor is just sick beyond believe,

    cant wait for the mid season finale!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  10. #285
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,140
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    38,238 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So I am up to date with the TV Show, and I've completed the game..still never read the comics, I'm thinking I will get Compendium 1 for Christmas. Contains the first 48 issues..

    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  11. #286
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    30,960 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    That's what they are doing though. I read them but I still feel like I'm experiencing something new when I watch it.
    Thats pretty much I how feel, Kirkman has even said he doesn't want to stay 100% true to the source material so fans of the comics can still be surprised and what not.

    Will be interesting to see how everything unfolds at the end of the season, but all I know is that not matter what...



    And Dave, that would be a sick present, just make sure you have the 2nd one ready to go by the time you're done with it

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  12. #287
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    Thats pretty much I how feel, Kirkman has even said he doesn't want to stay 100% true to the source material so fans of the comics can still be surprised and what not.

    Will be interesting to see how everything unfolds at the end of the season, but all I know is that not matter what...



    And Dave, that would be a sick present, just make sure you have the 2nd one ready to go by the time you're done with it
    Actually..


  13. #288
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    So I am up to date with the TV Show, and I've completed the game..still never read the comics, I'm thinking I will get Compendium 1 for Christmas. Contains the first 48 issues..

    I got both compendiums for my birthday earlier this month. Just finished the 2nd one last night.
    First compendium finishes at the end of the Prison Arc. Reading the 2nd will probably spoil future locations and characters in the show.

  14. #289
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    30,960 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Actually..


    Also, do the people who just watch the show mind if we talk about the comics here (provided its all in spoilers)? I remember a lot of people were getting annoyed with others discussing manga in anime threads. Just making sure.

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  15. #290
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,972
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    25,148 (0 Banked)
    Ok I have a question about the comics and don't worry no spoilers here. How long are the comics? A friend gave me a USB and it's labeled like this. Volume 1 Days Gone Bye - Volume 15 We find Ourselves.

    In the grand scheme of things how far along is that with the comics? It seems like there is quite a bit to what I have here but if there are lets say 100+ volumes then I have a long way to go the catch up on things. I intend to read the comics but I'd like to know how much reading I'll need to do to catch up to the, as of today, latest volume of it.

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  16. #291
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just read issue 100......DAMN!

    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Ok I have a question about the comics and don't worry no spoilers here. How long are the comics? A friend gave me a USB and it's labeled like this. Volume 1 Days Gone Bye - Volume 15 We find Ourselves.

    In the grand scheme of things how far along is that with the comics? It seems like there is quite a bit to what I have here but if there are lets say 100+ volumes then I have a long way to go the catch up on things. I intend to read the comics but I'd like to know how much reading I'll need to do to catch up to the, as of today, latest volume of it.
    Volume 15 goes to issue 90 and they are at 103 now so you would only be 13 issues behind. you almost have the whole comic so far on that USB stick.
    6 Issues for each Volume.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 11-28-2012 at 04:04.

  17. #292
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    $#@! you guys are ahead of me now haha. I'm in the middle of Volume 16, so around issue 93 or so.



    @pod, ~20-25 pages per issue, 6 issues per volume
    I believe they have 17 volumes so far.


  18. #293
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    30,960 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Something i found funny

    The funny thing about this is the guy who voiced Coach is going to be playing a character on The Walking Dead soon

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Just read issue 100......DAMN!


    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    $#@! you guys are ahead of me now haha. I'm in the middle of Volume 16, so around issue 93 or so.



    @pod, ~20-25 pages per issue, 6 issues per volume
    I believe they have 17 volumes so far.
    Sorry Shibby, thought you were up to date with the comics. Hope I didn't spoil anything for ya.
    Last edited by C-Carcharias; 11-28-2012 at 04:40.

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  19. #294
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    No worries, /tv/ already spoiled some of it haha.


  20. #295
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think from now on spoilers need to labeled if they are Comic or TV show related.

  21. #296
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    It was tagged, but I read it anyway because I didn't expect him to be ahead of me in the comic.

    It wasn't anything big anyway. Just some new character's name. Stopped reading after I didn't recognize it.


  22. #297
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    It was tagged, but I read it anyway because I didn't expect him to be ahead of me in the comic.

    It wasn't anything big anyway. Just some new character's name. Stopped reading after I didn't recognize it.
    Beware issue 100 dude. It will make you O__O

  23. #298
    Veteran
    Shibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,154
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    14,834 (0 Banked)
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Such a tease since I don't have beyond Volume 16.

    I don't want to download it either. I did that for the first 10 volumes, have borrowed the last few from a friend and have enjoyed the physical copy much more.



  24. #299
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,140
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    38,238 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I get confused with the comic, how many issues is in one volume?

    know the compendium had up to 46 for the first one..is that 46 issues or 46 volumes?
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  25. #300
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,564
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    40,980 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I get confused with the comic, how many issues is in one volume?

    know the compendium had up to 46 for the first one..is that 46 issues or 46 volumes?
    6 issues per volume
    8 volumes per compendium

    Start of Compendium 1
    Volume 1 - Issues 1-6
    Volume 2 - Issues 7-12
    Volume 3 - Issues 13-18
    Volume 4 - Issues 19-24
    Volume 5 - Issues 25-30
    Volume 6 - Issues 31-36
    Volume 7 - Issues 37-42
    Volume 8 - Issues 43-48
    End of Compendium 1

    Start of Compendium 2
    Volume 9 - Issues 49-54
    Volume 10 - Issues 55-60
    Volume 11 - Issues 61-66
    Volume 12 - Issues 67-72
    Volume 13 - Issues 73-78
    Volume 14 - Issues 79-84
    Volume 15 - Issues 85-90
    Volume 16 - Issues 91-96
    End of Compendium 2

    Start of Compendium 3
    Volume 17 - Issues 97-102
    Volume 18 - Issues 103-108

    The are at issue 104 so they are at volume 18 right now

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.