Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Lucille > everyone else.

3. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Mostly because she is nothing like comic book Andrea and she does stupid $#@! in the show. Let me put it this way. In the show Andrea is the character i hate the most and in the comic book she is one of my favorites. I really hope she is just killed off in the show and show Maggie can become comic book Andrea.
    Try reading the comic its a completely different experience. The only thing it will spoil is possible future locations and characters.
    I do read the comics and I agree the characters are different but so are a lot of the other characters. Maggie isn't exactly Maggie. Neither is Dale and Herschel is a 100% different character than from the comics. Doesn't mean you have to hate them.

She's a naive flawed character who after months and months of running from walkers and living in constant fear finally finds a safe haven. Of course she wants to stay and just like any real person would, gives herself a reason to stay in "paradise" in spite of any evidence to the contrary. Everyone in Woodbury has probably seen something fishy but has chosen to ignore it in order to not go back out into Hell. You tell me if you had the choice that you would voluntarily leave Woodbury to go get eaten alive by a horde of walkers.

PS3 Trophies
    You can do a hundred things right, but it takes only one mistake to destroy everything.

5. Likes LfCpS3 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by jinsoo View Post
    I do read the comics and I agree the characters are different but so are a lot of the other characters. Maggie isn't exactly Maggie. Neither is Dale and Herschel is a 100% different character than from the comics. Doesn't mean you have to hate them.

She's a naive flawed character who after months and months of running from walkers and living in constant fear finally finds a safe haven. Of course she wants to stay and just like any real person would, gives herself a reason to stay in "paradise" in spite of any evidence to the contrary. Everyone in Woodbury has probably seen something fishy but has chosen to ignore it in order to not go back out into Hell. You tell me if you had the choice that you would voluntarily leave Woodbury to go get eaten alive by a horde of walkers.
    You said it yourself she naive and flawed. This is the zombie apocalypse someone with her characteristics really shouldnt have survived this long. Let me explain what im getting at here. There are pretty much just 2 types of characters in The Walking Dead (Comic and Show) and they are what i like to call the wolves and the sheep. Wolves are the characters that know how to survive in the zombie apocalypse and the sheep are the ones that have only survived because they are in a group with wolves. Comic Andrea started out as a sheep but once she figured herself out she is clearly a wolf now and this character development is why she is one of my favorite characters in the comic book. Now lets get to show Andrea she has always felt like a sheep with sheep characteristics who wants to be a wolf only surviving because she was in Ricks group or with Michonne. Her character development is nearly non existent and her character in the show feels completely unnecessary. If i knew what she would become in the show i wish Dale just left her alone in the CDC.

7. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

Nah mate - nothing's gonna rationalise Andrea from being annoying.

Regardless of how much her character "makes sense" or not.
    Last edited by Admartian; 01-11-2013 at 01:18.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

El Presidente

I wouldn't want to go out to run from the undead but I would argue that a guy who keeps severed heads in fish tanks and uses the undead as gladiators is a wacko. Gov is unstable and that's it's own little slice of hell, who knows what someone like that would do. We've of course already seen what he's willing to do to keep his iron fist rule, anything.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

El Presidente
    I am so pumped for this to start now!

I've continued to read the comic and that is much darker than the show.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    That was probably the worst episode of the season so far. I really hope next weeks is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I am so pumped for this to start now! I've continued to read the comic and that is much darker than the show.
    What issue are you on?

12. Likes Nick_Scryer likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    That was probably the worst episode of the season so far. I really hope next weeks is better.
    This.

Click HERE for my Videos

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    NOOOOOO. Daryl, come back Daryl !!

Don't leave us with crazy pants Rick.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 02-11-2013 at 19:46.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

El Presidente
    That was probably the worst episode of the season so far. I really hope next weeks is better. What issue are you on?
    I don't remember the issue number but...

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Sounds like you are at issue 17 or 18.
    On the 13th issue 107 releases so you got plenty to go.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I wish the show would do things like that but they puss out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Gantz; 02-13-2013 at 10:38.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Have people lost interest in this series or why is nobody talking about this anymore?

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Have people lost interest in this series or why is nobody talking about this anymore?
    Dunno but that last episode nothing much happened. Still hanging on to see what is happening with Daryl and hoping to god Andrea dies or has a major shift in character.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I just dont know what to think of this show now. In one scene the Governor is pretty much handing the town over to Andrea and the next scene he is questioning her loyalty.
    Dude she stayed with you
    -After finding the aquarium full of heads and dead zombie daughter you hid in the closet
    -After her old group attacks the town because you kidnapped her old friends
    -After Michonne (her friend who saved her life many time) tells her you are bad news
    -After you lied to her numerous times

How can you question someones loyalty after these events have happend? It blows my mind.

El Presidente
    The thing I thought was dumb was that shootout at the prison. Everybody is so accurate killing zombies but you get a guy, up high in a tower, standing still and no one can hit this guy right away? Come on! And I've been wondering since before this long break in this season when Rick and company attacked Woodbury. Where the hell did Rick get that assault rifle? One episode they have pistols, knives and maybe a shotgun or rifle. Now all the sudden everyone has m16s or whatever and spraying and praying like Call of Duty! What the hell!?

Isn't this the end of the world? Ammo is precious and something that shouldn't be wasted right?

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    I agree with you guys. The characters have become brainless (lol) and the whole show is becoming less believable and enjoyable because of it

Still, crushing that walker's head with the boot of the car was awesome.

Click HERE for my Videos

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I just dont know what to think of this show now. In one scene the Governor is pretty much handing the town over to Andrea and the next scene he is questioning her loyalty.
    Dude she stayed with you
    -After finding the aquarium full of heads and dead zombie daughter you hid in the closet
    -After her old group attacks the town because you kidnapped her old friends
    -After Michonne (her friend who saved her life many time) tells her you are bad news
    -After you lied to her numerous times

How can you question someones loyalty after these events have happend? It blows my mind.
    I doubt you would trust her either, there are way too many excuses for her to leave now..for all he knows she is just playing it safe around him to stay alive. He has to try and reclaim trust with her while still keeping an eye on her.

The thing I thought was dumb was that shootout at the prison. Everybody is so accurate killing zombies but you get a guy, up high in a tower, standing still and no one can hit this guy right away? Come on! And I've been wondering since before this long break in this season when Rick and company attacked Woodbury. Where the hell did Rick get that assault rifle? One episode they have pistols, knives and maybe a shotgun or rifle. Now all the sudden everyone has m16s or whatever and spraying and praying like Call of Duty! What the hell!?

Isn't this the end of the world? Ammo is precious and something that shouldn't be wasted right?
    To be fair their best shooters were gone, their best fighters were Michonne who is more used to melee attacks with her sword and Rick is was still pretty out of it and pinned down.

Also, think about it..they got to a damn prison, that place is full of guns and riot armour..one of the many reasons that made it a viable option in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    I agree with you guys. The characters have become brainless (lol) and the whole show is becoming less believable and enjoyable because of it

Still, crushing that walker's head with the boot of the car was awesome.
    Sorry but what exactly is meant to be believable about a TV Show about a zombie apocalypse based on a comic book? People look for "realism" in places where they shouldn't be looking for it. I watch Walking Dead for the zombies, and great drama. I am willing to overlook things like Hershel's unlimited shotgun firing when the rest of it is so good.
    Trophy-licious!

Master Sage
    Items User name style

They obviously found the weapon storage place for the prison. They made a bigger deal about it in the comic and it pretty much happend off screen on the show. They did talk about trying to find it on the show though.

25. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Third weak episode in a row. I cant believe Tyrese is in Woodbury now. What is going on? Im glad they got rid of Mazzara.

27. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Another meh episode. Chopping the arms off and stomping the teeth out of that walker was gruesomely awesome though.

Click HERE for my Videos

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Third weak episode in a row!? More like first weak episode in a while!
    Trophy-licious!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Third weak episode in a row!? More like first weak episode in a while!
    True. Really felt like a filler episode. Oh and I really dislike Andrea.

El Presidente
    You're right about the prison and weapon cache, I hadn't thought of that.

Agree with you guys that episode was meh. Nothing really happened. I hope this series isn't going downhill already.

Thread Information