Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Would be $#@!ty...it'd be real tough when your loved ones turned. It would destroy me inside to see a loved one as a walker. To know that this feral, flesh hungry conciousness was using their body...to know that all their memories and emotions had faded away and now some monster manipulates their body like a puppet, and to be tortured by the faint illusion of life when the walker comes at you and for some fleeting seconds you feel like your love still exists...but it's just their shell, and all it knows is flesh and blood and food.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    You need to be more like Martinez in the pic HJ. Your posts are so pessimistic dude lol.

In a zombie apocalypse I would at least hold out hope to reestablish something. If you aren't going to work towards rebuilding civilization in some way what's the point of constantly struggling, 'surviving?' I would honestly just end it for myself. What's the point in surviving? What is there to survive FOR if nothing will ever improve?

Know what I mean? If I'm not working towards achieving something I may as well just kill myself because what's the point then?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Exactly there is no point in going on after finding out everyone is infected. Im just trying to be real here. Tell me what is the point? Im really asking. How can things improve when any moment someone can die and turn and possibly destroy everything you worked for? They just took in a lot of old people just watch one die from natural causes and take a few people with them. Only possible way i see this working out is if they find a island, kill every walker, rebuild, and put a system in place that no one is allowed to be alone so in case they die someone is there to to destroy that dead persons brain before they turn. Its way too hard to get a system like that in place.

What about Electricity? Sure they can install solar panels but does any of your survivors know how to install them? get them working? repair them when the break down? What do we do about clean water? If they are on this island there has got to be the chance a walker accidentally washes ashore. Point is there are way too many factors against the human race recovering from this and what i said before has the best chance of happening. Sorry for keeping it real. Yes i spent hours thinking about this because im a lonely nerd with no life.

I think you are wrong, we as viewers know things look pretty bleak for them, but if that really happened right now the first thing would be surviving of course, I agree on that, but your secondary goal would be improving your situation by:
    - Looking for a place with less or no zombies.
    - You know there were scientists all over the world looking for a cure, so try to find any surviving scientists that might help or at least shed some light.
    - You know you'll run out of canned food and things like that so you also have to plan for that.
    - Try to understand the zombie problem, at least Milton was trying something but now he's dead.

You say they are doomed, unless you are reading the comics and know something we don't then it's all just your speculation; if I were in that situation and had to speculate I'd rather speculate that there is hope than speculating that were are all doomed. Also, you say 1 person dies and turns and takes more with them, but a few posts above you said that death by zombie you have to be stupid or surrounded by a horde, so which is it?

In a way we've seen this kind of stuff in real life; when there were plagues all over and people were dying left and right humans didn't just sit to die, we looked for a solution and eventually found it.
    Again, pessimistic much.

And I understand the focus is on the human interaction, I'm just saying it could use a bit more of the other things without taking away the focus on human interaction and that would make it even better.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    This.

I think you are wrong, we as viewers know things look pretty bleak for them, but if that really happened right now the first thing would be surviving of course, I agree on that, but your secondary goal would be improving your situation by:
    - Looking for a place with less or no zombies.
    - You know there were scientists all over the world looking for a cure, so try to find any surviving scientists that might help or at least shed some light.
    - You know you'll run out of canned food and things like that so you also have to plan for that.
    - Try to understand the zombie problem, at least Milton was trying something but now he's dead.

You say they are doomed, unless you are reading the comics and know something we don't then it's all just your speculation; if I were in that situation and had to speculate I'd rather speculate that there is hope than speculating that were are all doomed. Also, you say 1 person dies and turns and takes more with them, but a few posts above you said that death by zombie you have to be stupid or surrounded by a horde, so which is it?

In a way we've seen this kind of stuff in real life; when there were plagues all over and people were dying left and right humans didn't just sit to die, we looked for a solution and eventually found it.
    Again, pessimistic much.

And I understand the focus is on the human interaction, I'm just saying it could use a bit more of the other things without taking away the focus on human interaction and that would make it even better.
    That was someone else.
    Also i never said to just sit around and die. I would fight as well but its a losing battle for mankind that is what will happen to that universe eventually. Its not pessimistic its being real about the situation.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    Again, pessimistic much.
    Our world has never gone through an apocalypse. To the point where governments are wiped out and the remaining population are middle class.

Also, there is always hope in the beginning. But at this point in the story, it's possible that there are no more scientists or anyone capable of producing a cure. Unless you get really lucky and it goes the way of I Am Legend.

El Presidente
    That was someone else.
    Also i never said to just sit around and die. I would fight as well but its a losing battle for mankind that is what will happen to that universe eventually. Its not pessimistic its being real about the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Our world has never gone through an apocalypse. To the point where governments are wiped out and the remaining population are middle class.

Also, there is always hope in the beginning. But at this point in the story, it's possible that there are no more scientists or anyone capable of producing a cure. Unless you get really lucky and it goes the way of I Am Legend.
    No! I would refuse to give up. I'd like to point out that even if all the scientists in the world are gone, and I think that's highly unlikely, people can relearn these things. Machines, medicine, electricity etc. There have to be books left, manuals and notes or whatever about how all that stuff works.

There must be people out there who know and understand these things. Will it turn around in a few years? No. It might take hundreds even but people can relearn this stuff. There was a time when no one understood diseases, electricity, mechanics but you know how they figured it out? Tests. Experiments.

The human race would not be doomed, the human race wouldn't go extinct necessarily. Once I got settled somewhere I'd be going to colleges, combing through their libraries looking for information. Maybe the building is gone, the books burned. Fine. I'll look somewhere else. Human beings CAN come back. Its only a losing battle if you give up and decide its a losing battle. It is possible to rebuild civilization and perhaps far or near into the future to find a cure.

I would never give up. I would never say there isn't any point in rebuilding because its a lost cause, that the human race is finished. I refuse to believe that and at least when I eventually died I will have died trying to rebuild. I didn't give up and lose hope, I pushed forward.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

6. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member
    S3 for me was once on the best iv seen by far i enjoyed S1 & 2 but S3 was the best, really sad about those who died really enjoyed there characters. but now im really looking forward to S4. best series going, dont care what anyone says.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Just finished watching the third season.

Very happy to see Chad Coleman as Tyreese. Can't wait to see the character develop.

Andrea was the weakest link that season. She was quite a character in the comic, likeable and useful, and most importantly one the longest lasting characters.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Just finished watching the third season.

Very happy to see Chad Coleman as Tyreese. Can't wait to see the character develop.

Andrea was the weakest link that season. She was quite a character in the comic, likeable and useful, and most importantly one the longest lasting characters.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Andrea has been bad since season 2 its just that Lori was so bad she wasnt noticeable. When Lori died all the hate went to the next worst character which was Andrea. Now that Andrea is gone the hate will transfer to someone else. By the looks of this thread (not others) it seems it will be Carl but im sure someone will be worse.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Haters gonna hate.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Andrea has been bad since season 2 its just that Lori was so bad she wasnt noticeable. When Lori died all the hate went to the next worst character which was Andrea. Now that Andrea is gone the hate will transfer to someone else. By the looks of this thread (not others) it seems it will be Carl but im sure someone will be worse.
    I still had hope for her in S02. It just that she really took an other direction as a character in S03 and that surprised me.
    Lori was ok. She never really made it out of the prison in the comic anyway and her character was not likeable to begin with.

Carl is awesome, probably my favourite character, and despite all differences from the comic he is heading in the same, "right", direction. He is and will be even more messed up.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Andrea was bad since Season 1..being all melodramatic and then complaining to Dale for saving her life...$#@!.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Andrea was bad since Season 1..being all melodramatic and then complaining to Dale for saving her life...$#@!.
    She was still salvageable in Season 1 so i dont count that. She became bad in season 2 and a complete train wreck in season 3.

goddamnit, there goes my favorite, i hope they all go down now

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    She didnt want to be saved, and ironically she went out the way she was afraid of.. and why she wanted to kill herself painlessly

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason3beard View Post
    goddamnit, there goes my favorite, i hope they all go down now

This made me laugh way more than it should have.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 04-09-2013 at 08:21.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Pretty funny:

Click HERE for my Videos

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Would be $#@!ty...it'd be real tough when your loved ones turned. It would destroy me inside to see a loved one as a walker. To know that this feral, flesh hungry conciousness was using their body...to know that all their memories and emotions had faded away and now some monster manipulates their body like a puppet, and to be tortured by the faint illusion of life when the walker comes at you and for some fleeting seconds you feel like your love still exists...but it's just their shell, and all it knows is flesh and blood and food.
    I'm pretty sure in an actual zombie apocalypse if I had to kill family and friends I would become dead and emotionless inside. Either that or die, but self-preservation would probably take over.
    Trophy-licious!

El Presidente
    I'm pretty sure in an actual zombie apocalypse if I had to kill family and friends I would become dead and emotionless inside. Either that or die, but self-preservation would probably take over.
    I would become so angry and sad if i had to kill my family after being attacked by zombies should they be biten/scratched. I would be extremely sad and then most likely become angry and go on a rampage killing of zombies for taking my family away from me.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I would become so angry and sad if i had to kill my family after being attacked by zombies should they be biten/scratched. I would be extremely sad and then most likely become angry and go on a rampage killing of zombies for taking my family away from me.
    Well you shouldn't think of it as killing em more of setting em free.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Well you shouldn't think of it as killing em more of setting em free.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Setting them free yes but at the time I would think of it as killing them. To take out the rage, the frustration and the sadness I would be feeling. That would be my 'revenge' for taking those I love away from me. Viciously destroying those 'things,' that's how I would likely feel at the time.

Elite Member
    Anyone got a return date for UK viewer on Fox TV?? I heard Oct/Nov time!!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I don't watch it on TV anyway, stream all my American TV on the Internet the day after it airs in the states.
    Trophy-licious!

Elite Member
    I don't watch it on TV anyway, stream all my American TV on the Internet the day after it airs in the states.
    I find streaming not very good an I don't enjoy streaming I only use it for sport nothing else id rather the wait for in to be on my TV lol

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    I find streaming not very good an I don't enjoy streaming I only use it for sport nothing else id rather the wait for in to be on my TV lol
    Live streaming is pretty crap, but streaming uploaded videos Youtube style the quality is practically HD nowadays so it makes no difference and it has the added benefit of never having to watch advert breaks. Look for Putlocker, Sockshare or DivXden streams.
    Trophy-licious!

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    why do they always volunteer to kill their own relatives?
    It's just logical you don't kill your own, if there is someone else there who can and is willing to do it for you then let 'em. It's one of those things that I hate about shows, it just doesn't make sense.
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information