Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru

Datura: Immersion Walkthrough

2. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    HOLY SHIT! It's amazing,and in 3D I fell for this as soon as that first clip showed up ages ago. It's great to see more about it. Day 1.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Day 1 for sure. The forest is obviously some sort of purgatory, good choices get you into heaven in the end and bad choices hell.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Guru
    Interesting game, I definitely want to see more. I don't know how I feel about a purely zen-like game. I love Journey, but I didn't like Dear Esther.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Oh wow that looks great, I'd love to give that a try

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Day 1 for sure. The forest is obviously some sort of purgatory, good choices get you into heaven in the end and bad choices hell.
    That makes sense. I hope it's not the case though as it would be far too obvious.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Soldier 95B
    Never heard of this, but it looks really good. It seems to have some originality to it as well.

Apprentice
    Please excuse the old thread ressurection, but I thought using an older Datura thread would be better than making a new one.

I just finished playing Datura with the Move and wanted to post a warning to everyone considering buying this game:

Do not buy it

This is of course just my personal opinion, but I genuinely feel like this game was an utter waste of my time and money. My reasons for saying this are as follows:

1: The controls are awkward, annoying, and immersion-breaking, which is pretty much what this entire game is about. You don't have to move around too much in this game, but when you do have to move, it is a frustrating and painful struggle. Your character walks at the pace of a person who's had both legs amputated (maybe that's why you start off in an ambulance?). You can "run" by constantly tapping R2 like in GTAIV, but this is still slow, and your character runs out of puff after about 10 metres. Also, whenever I turned whilst walking, my character would simply stop walking, as though changing direction while moving was too big of a task for him/her. I'm assuming this will be patched at least though.

As well as this, for some reason the game asks you to hold X and then point the controller to change where you look. As far as I'm aware, every other Move game with a first person perspective lets you change where you're looking just by pointing the controller, and that works just fine.

I had a very brief play with the Dual Shock and it was better, but not by too much.

2: The entire game is pointless. The game starts off with you in the back of an ambulance, then in a beautiful forest with no idea where or why you are there. This was an interesting premise for me, and I'm sure many others, but at the end of the game you still don't have a clue about anything at all. Nothing happens at the end, and I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. You get to take a snapshot of yourself with the PS Eye if you have one, and then the game just ends. Thanks for playing.

3: My impression of Datura is that it's meant to be a beautiful, immersive, and artistic game; similar to the work of Thatgamecompany. However, I came to Datura fresh from playing hours of Journey, Flower, and Flow, and Datura is absolutely leagues away from those lofty heights. On the whole, the game is beautiful and great to look at. But then they decided to throw in a pig from the PS1 era. And the immersion was non-existant for me due to the constant prompts on how to play the game on the screen, and my aforementioned struggles with the controller. The music is indeed beautiful, but it seemed to start up completely randomly when I was walking through the forest, and you'll pretty much only hear the one song in your whole play through.

4: Puzzles: Datura had 0 puzzles. Well maybe 1 actually, but it's not exactly hard.

Again, this is all just my opinion based on my own experience, and I hope others have enjoyed the game more than myself. But I don't want other players with high hopes wasting their time and money like I have.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I don't have a clue how to progress in this game. I passed the first gate..got to a door, the door won't open..found a statue, the statue doesn't do anything..controls are a pain in the ass. EUUURGH.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Guru
    From the descriptions of the people who played it here, I'm actually really interested now. Even if I end up hating the experience, I'm curious as to why they made those design decisions.

Thread Information