Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Kinect's "next 12 months are going to be really interesting"

Good stuff.
    Microsoft promises "really cool upcoming stuff"

Microsoft's global product manager Glenn Gregory has teased Big Things on Kinect this year, in what we sincerely hope is a veiled allusion to Crytek's first-person face-bludgeoner Ryse, reportedly "going really, really well".
    "We've had a great response to it over the last year and a half," Gregory told OXM at a Kinect Star Wars preview event today. "The interesting thing is seeing how it progresses and how people use it in different ways. I think there are a lot of capabilities in the hardware that people haven't used yet, and I think it's going to be really interesting over the next 12 months to see what comes out.
    "Things like Mass Effect, a third-party cross-platform title, they've found some really great features of Kinect on 360. There's some really cool upcoming stuff that I think people are going to be like 'wow'."Gregory also took a moment to reiterate Microsoft's commitment to controllers, just in case last year's harping on the subject left you in any doubt.
    "My personal opinion is that there's always going to be a place for controllers. Certain games fit controllers perfectly and I don't see why you'd change those games for Kinect for the sake of doing it. It's all about using the technology in a way that's appropriate for the game as opposed to using the technology just to use it.
    "Games like Halo, a fantastic controller based game, the experience wouldn't be as fun if you were standing around shooting an imaginary gun. Games like Fable Heroes, however, are built from the ground up to use the Kinect technology and I think people are going to be really excited when they see it because it's pretty cool."
    More on that "really cool upcoming stuff" as we get it.
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/39777/kinects-n...y-interesting/

War
    Wasn't past 12 months supposed to be "really interesting" as well for Kinect. Hell, MS said something more than that, but it turned out to be less.

3. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by War View Post
    Wasn't past 12 months supposed to be "really interesting" as well for Kinect. Hell, MS said something more than that, but it turned out to be less.
    Opinion noted.... now move along.

Superior Member
    I haven't seen anything interesting about Kinect in games yet and don't really expect to in the coming months.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

War
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Ha. Don't really care if you noted or not, but you can't tell me to move along. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    I haven't seen anything interesting about Kinect in games yet and don't really expect to in the coming months.
    Agreed. Someone should compile quotes from MS regarding Kinect from last year. Those are hilarious now that we look back on it.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ha. Don't really care if you noted or not, but you can't tell me to move along. Sorry.

Agreed. Someone should compile quotes from MS regarding Kinect from last year. Those are hilarious now that we look back on it.
    It's really funny when you start throwing in "best publisher", "highest selling console for 2011", and things like that. ****ing hilarious even.

Soldier 95B
    Good stuff.
    Indeed it keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So far the only cool thing I've seen done with Kinect was the voice commands in ME3. Other than that I haven't seen anything compelling being done with it. Just my opinion.

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Resident Evil 6 maybe? To bad I'm getting it for PS3.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    so people aren't allowed to disagree in threads now?

he has a point. MS from the beginning has said that kinect would do great things in both core and casual markets.

that hasn't been the case so far, whether you like it or not.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

12. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post

he has a point. MS from the beginning has said that kinect would do great things in both core and casual markets.

I'm not sure it will any time soon. There will be "better with kinect" applications like voice for ME3, head turning in Forza and gunsmith in GR...but most devs just don't know what to do with it. Kinect is crazy amazing tech but I think it is the answer to a question the worlds not ready to ask yet.

There is that robot mech game that uses Kinect commands in conjunction with a controller which could be interesting. I am eager to see what comes of it, as a fan of motion controls i want to see it release its potential but it's hard to see when that will come about.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    kinect isn't going to get interesting until Kinect 2 arrives on next gen xbox. It's far too limited to make me want to use it when I can do better and faster with my controller.

War
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's really funny when you start throwing in "best publisher", "highest selling console for 2011", and things like that. ****ing hilarious even.
    Didn't know MS sold more than Wii. If so, good for them. Another proof that Xbox 360 is not slowing down. Not sure about "best publisher" though. LoL. Also, not sure how those quotes are related to what MS promised about Kinect. You just sound like you are angry and wanted to throw in random stuff in. Stay on topic.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    Got no problems with anyone disagreeing..... but to discredit or deny what has been accomplished is BS and I will respond to that whether you like it or not.

And in my opinion it has. Casual and core games are using Kinect in very unique ways. Not to mention upcoming games like Steel Battalion and Ryse. Now, you may not think so, but from what iv'e seen, they have taken Project Natal and made it a reality when so many doubted them. That has been the case whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by dc89; 03-16-2012 at 21:46. Reason: Removed a uncalled for part of the post.

Forum Elder
    Didn't know MS sold more than Wii. If so, good for them.
    there is actually quite a lot YOU don't know, but it's always nice to see you put right.
    please do..... keep up the somewhat misguided work....

18. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Elder
    And in my opinion it has. Casual and core games are using Kinect in very unique ways. Not to mention upcoming games like Steel Battalion and Ryse. Now, you may not think so, but from what iv'e seen, they have taken Project Natal and made it a reality when so many doubted them. That has been the case whether you like it or not.
    +rep
    Last edited by dc89; 03-16-2012 at 21:45.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    kinect isn't going to get interesting until Kinect 2 arrives on next gen xbox. It's far too limited to make me want to use it when I can do better and faster with my controller.
    I say the same thing....but I still use it sometimes and it works great . Pretty awesome for a add on that people say wouldn't work or no one would buy. Can't wait to see how bad Kinect 2 fails.

Elite Guru
    Items User name style
    Got no problems with anyone disagreeing..... but to discredit or deny what has been accomplished is BS and I will respond to that whether you like it or not.
    if you've got no problems with anyone disagreeing then why were you so blatently rude? "opinion noted... now move along"? how condescending is that? who are you to tell him to move along?

and there is nothing wrong with denying that kinect has been 'really interesting' - because it HASN'T lived up to the hype where core gaming is concerned, and many people HAVEN'T found it interesting in the last 12 months, despite the rhetoric. - what is it about those very reasonable statments that you find so awful?

And in my opinion it has. Casual and core games are using Kinect in very unique ways.
    well then, its a good job that other users have the manners to let you express that opinion.

Not to mention upcoming games like Steel Battalion and Ryse. Now, you may not think so, but from what iv'e seen, they have taken Project Natal and made it a reality when so many doubted them.
    his comment stated that he was skeptical because he'd heard it all before, but seen no evidence this year. which is fair enough. when those games you mention become a reality, and turn out to be 'AAA', then maybe we can all start singing kinects praises. but why on earth would anyone do it based on games that LOOK great, but could be ****?
    Last edited by dc89; 03-16-2012 at 21:45. Reason: Removed part of the post.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

22. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Now people are arguing over who has a better opinion. How about those games.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Let's leave it there. It's the staffs job to tell people when to step back in line and to enforce the rules. Anymore *** for tat and I'll have to follow it up.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Now people are arguing over who has a better opinion. How about those games.
    Yea, how bout them games....

Speaking of kinect, I found one in our PX today for only $75. It was marked down because the box was damaged. I open it in the store and the sensor was fine. I had to grab it at that price. Now I have one for each xbox.

On Topic:
    I wonder if RYSE is still next gen. Its good to know that development is going well.

Soldier 95B
    Yea, how bout them games....

Speaking of kinect, I found one in our PX today for only $75. It was marked down because the box was damaged. I open it in the store and the sensor was fine. I had to grab it at that price. Now I have one for each xbox.

On Topic:
    I wonder if RYSE is still next gen. Its good to know that development is going well.
    Good find. I need 3 more Kinects myself actually. I assume there will be a price drop this year so I will pick up a couple more.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Good find. I need 3 more Kinects myself actually. I assume there will be a price drop this year so I will pick up a couple more.

Yea, I'm sure that price will be coming down this year. Anyways, have you heard any more info about Ryse?

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So far the only cool thing I've seen done with Kinect was the voice commands in ME3. Other than that I haven't seen anything compelling being done with it. Just my opinion.
    Same here. But I've kinda grown to understand that Kinect, when you look at the big picture, is just adding to the variety of titles you can choose from when you purchase an Xbox 360 for your family. As long as they keep pumping out core titles whether multiplat or exclusives alongside the Kinect games I'm good.

For example when I enjoy games like Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and the soon-to-be released Witcher 2 I couldn't care less if Microsoft releases a game like Barbie Kinect LOL.

By the way I think that Kinect has more potential, at least from a core gamer's perspective, in upcoming hybrid controller/kinect titles like Steel Battalion which I'm keeping an eye on.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by double cross View Post
    Same here. But I've kinda grown to understand that Kinect, when you look at the big picture, is just adding to the variety of titles you can choose from when you purchase an Xbox 360 for your family. As long as they keep pumping out core titles whether multiplat or exclusives alongside the Kinect games I'm good. For example when I enjoy games like Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 and the soon-to-be released Witcher 2 I couldn't care less if Microsoft releases a game like Barbie Kinect LOL.
    Actually its funny that you should say that because I made the exact same point in another thread when I was making reference to those whose main console is the 360. People who buy all their games on the 360 both multiplats and exclusives are most likely not bothered by all of this. They definitely have tons of core games to play.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-18-2012 at 04:38.

Thread Information