Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
Results 251 to 272 of 272
  1. #251
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Nope. Still in beta as far as I remember but I thought you knew something I didn't.

    I don't think it will ever leave beta...they might just redo the thing on PS4...but something tells me they will just port it over...which will piss me off.

    Nice recovery.

    Person 1: Hey guys, the world is going to end tomorrow.

    Person 2: Why?

    Person 1: Why not?

    XD
    No one would know when the world is going to end so yeah.

  2. #252
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Nope. Still in beta as far as I remember but I thought you knew something I didn't.

    I don't think it will ever leave beta...they might just redo the thing on PS4...but something tells me they will just port it over...which will piss me off.
    $#@! me. That is a long ass beta

  3. #253
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,704
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,948 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    $#@! me. That is a long ass beta
    In other words, they realized it was a bad idea and cut support. Beta is just a way to say, "Well, it's not done yet, so it can be $#@!ty."

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    No one would know when the world is going to end so yeah.
    Never mind.

  4. #254
    Master Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    90
    Points
    20,974 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    umm, Sorry but i was talking to him not you



    And why not?
    what is your agenda? i have read through this entire thread and the posts you have made have been complete dross. Why cant you answer without being childish? It's like you are a 16 year old teen, in which case im not going to blame you, but jeez man come on, keep the discussion on an intellectual level!
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

  5. #255
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    what is your agenda? i have read through this entire thread and the posts you have made have been complete dross. Why cant you answer without being childish? It's like you are a 16 year old teen, in which case im not going to blame you, but jeez man come on, keep the discussion on an intellectual level!
    Think what you want to think, blame all you want, we were in a discussion and no one complained

  6. #256
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    4,282 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    In other words, they realized it was a bad idea and cut support. Beta is just a way to say, "Well, it's not done yet, so it can be $#@!ty."


    Never mind.
    It was initially an attempt to make money from their online service but it seems that people quickly saw it for what it was. Paying for furniture and those kinds of things is a bit silly being that most people will never see them except for their owners.

    I'm not into avatar items or clothing either but at least you can show that stuff off if that's what you're into.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk


  7. #257
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,704
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,948 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    It was initially an attempt to make money from their online service but it seems that people quickly saw it for what it was. Paying for furniture and those kinds of things is a bit silly being that most people will never see them except for their owners.

    I'm not into avatar items or clothing either but at least you can show that stuff off if that's what you're into.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Of course they wanted to make money but more importantly, they wanted to show something that would make PS3 look better in front of the 360.

    The hype worked for them more than the launch of this software. The whole thing about buying furniture and stuff never took off because it was meant to be a socializing software and it just never got any of the features that were promised...so definitely no point in buying then. It was meant to bring gamers together when they weren't playing games, a place to chill out and I mean, Home was basically a dud from day 1 beta. Actually, I've heard from people that the beta had more features.

  8. #258
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    sufi summed up exactly what (i thought) i had made clear.

    @cage - you can't turn around and say "i wasn't talking to you", when in reality you weren't talking to me either. you ended a recent post

    if that what you think then /end of discussion
    - so i left the discussion and continued it with him.

    when you reinitiated the discussion with me i asked you, politely:

    Quote Originally Posted by me
    if you can see it, fair enough, but i'd be interested to know where that view has come from
    to which you replied:

    You kept repeating yourself , you can't this, you can't that , even on other replies
    which in all honesty i don't really understand. as sufi said, all i've suggested is that i see no reason or evidence for MS to pursue a 'home-like' service.

    would MS do a better job? undoubtedly. they are better at marketing, and software is there (relative) strength. but that was never the issue. its not whether they would do better, but whether they 'would' at all.

    you've pulled a random strategy out of a hat and assumed that MS will follow it - with, as yet, no logic or evidence that you've been willing to share with us. i'm not sure how i can have a reasoned discussion with you unless you are willing to put forward some sort of counter argument.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  9. Likes Omar likes this post
  10. #259
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    sufi summed up exactly what (i thought) i had made clear.

    @cage - you can't turn around and say "i wasn't talking to you", when in reality you weren't talking to me either. you ended a recent post



    - so i left the discussion and continued it with him.

    when you reinitiated the discussion with me i asked you, politely:



    to which you replied:



    which in all honesty i don't really understand. as sufi said, all i've suggested is that i see no reason or evidence for MS to pursue a 'home-like' service.

    would MS do a better job? undoubtedly. they are better at marketing, and software is there (relative) strength. but that was never the issue. its not whether they would do better, but whether they 'would' at all.

    you've pulled a random strategy out of a hat and assumed that MS will follow it - with, as yet, no logic or evidence that you've been willing to share with us. i'm not sure how i can have a reasoned discussion with you unless you are willing to put forward some sort of counter argument.
    we were talking about it till he jumped in and replied to a post was sent to you

    Sure we ended the discussion there but you kept saying what you were saying to me to him as if you wanted me to reply (bait) you kept saying it in every reply so i had to reply




    No, all i meant is IF MS got a service like that they would take A Better care of it , as Sony doesn't care about that service no more and they are slow as everyone knows, and they aren't good in marketing (well they are good but slow)

    i never said that MS have to get the service, i said what IF MS announced a service similar to that and I wanted to get some opinions.
    Last edited by The Cage; 03-25-2012 at 08:26.

  11. #260
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    we were talking about it till he jumped in and replied to a post was sent to you

    Sure we ended the discussion there but you kept saying what you were saying to me to him as if you wanted me to reply (bait) you kept saying it in every reply so i had to reply
    it wasn't bait. sufi asked me a question about my opinion and i answered.

    you told me if i continued to hold my opinion it would be the end of the discussion between us. which is fine.

    No, all i meant is IF MS got a service like that they would take A Better care of it , as Sony doesn't care about that service no more and they are slow as everyone knows, and they aren't good in marketing (well they are good but slow)

    i never said that MS have to get the service, i said what IF MS announced a service similar to that and I wanted to get some opinions.

    that's like me suggesting "what if MS release a bluray drive for the 360 at E3", and then being surprised/defensive when people question 'if' that would ever happen. you can't expect people to discuss the merits of something without discussing whether it would happen at all.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  12. #261
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    it wasn't bait. sufi asked me a question about my opinion and i answered.

    you told me if i continued to hold my opinion it would be the end of the discussion between us. which is fine.




    that's like me suggesting "what if MS release a bluray drive for the 360 at E3", and then being surprised/defensive when people question 'if' that would ever happen. you can't expect people to discuss the merits of something without discussing whether it would happen at all.
    Exactly, that's when you said that you can't see it happening, you went negative without explaining why,
    sure it could happen and sure it could not but it's not impossible... they can do it if they want to,
    just like you said they might even release a new version of the 360 with a bluray drive who knows it could be true.

    i wasn't defensive, you said you can't see it, and i said i can because it's not impossible they could do it if they want... it's all up to them

  13. #262
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,704
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,948 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Exactly, that's when you said that you can't see it happening, you went negative without explaining why,
    That's what we were both trying to tell you, why it most likely wouldn't happen.

    sure it could happen and sure it could not but it's not impossible... they can do it if they want to,
    Lots of things are possible. An invasion from Crotia is possible, but it's likely not going to happen...anytime soon.

    just like you said they might even release a new version of the 360 with a bluray drive who knows it could be true.
    That's not likely going to happen, ever. There's no reason to do that. It wouldn't benefit the 360 in any way and not this late anyway...also the HD-DVD failed both as a format and likely as a peripheral as well. No one's going to go out of their way to buy something like this, especially since now you can get it so cheap as a standalone, also on PC.

    i wasn't defensive, you said you can't see it, and i said i can because it's not impossible they could do it if they want... it's all up to them
    It has to be logical and reasonable or you will get questions like "why?".

    What if all console competitors started working together or completely tapped out this E3...it's entirely possible.

    Why aren't we talking about that? They might all ditch the disc media from their hardware, completely possible.

    Are any of those things likely? No. Not without a reasonable, logical reason anyway.

  14. #263
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's what we were both trying to tell you, why it most likely wouldn't happen.


    Lots of things are possible. An invasion from Crotia is possible, but it's likely not going to happen...anytime soon.


    That's not likely going to happen, ever. There's no reason to do that. It wouldn't benefit the 360 in any way and not this late anyway...also the HD-DVD failed both as a format and likely as a peripheral as well. No one's going to go out of their way to buy something like this, especially since now you can get it so cheap as a standalone, also on PC.


    It has to be logical and reasonable or you will get questions like "why?".

    What if all console competitors started working together or completely tapped out this E3...it's entirely possible.

    Why aren't we talking about that? They might all ditch the disc media from their hardware, completely possible.

    Are any of those things likely? No. Not without a reasonable, logical reason anyway.
    So you made it like it was a fact and it looked like that you were so sure, without explaining why, also about the bluray thing , they could make a new 360 with upgraded parts and put that in , so simple and MS got the money to do that, they've been releasing many limited edition 360s so i don't see how it would stop them

  15. #264
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    i've given explanations for all of my views here - as sufi also pointed out.

    sorry sufi, i'm going to leave this to you..... i'm seriously running out of time and energy for this side of the forum. i mean when a bluray drive in a 360 becomes an actual point of discussion, from a sarcastic example, you've really got to ask yourself what the hell is the point in continuing.....
    Last edited by J3ff3; 03-25-2012 at 20:55.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  16. Likes Omar likes this post
  17. #265
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i've given explanations for all of my views here - as sufi also pointed out.

    sorry sufi, i'm going to leave this to you..... i'm seriously running out of time and energy for this side of the forum. i mean when a bluray drive in a 360 becomes an actual point of discussion, from a sarcastic example, you've really got to ask yourself what the hell is the point in continuing.....

    for god's sakes....

  18. #266
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,704
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,948 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    So you made it like it was a fact and it looked like that you were so sure, without explaining why, also about the bluray thing , they could make a new 360 with upgraded parts and put that in , so simple and MS got the money to do that, they've been releasing many limited edition 360s so i don't see how it would stop them
    When did I make it look like it was a fact? I have always said that it's not "likely"...that's in relation to a possibility.

    As for the Blu Ray example, I just don't think you're understanding what I mean. and I'm done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    i've given explanations for all of my views here - as sufi also pointed out.

    sorry sufi, i'm going to leave this to you..... i'm seriously running out of time and energy for this side of the forum. i mean when a bluray drive in a 360 becomes an actual point of discussion, from a sarcastic example, you've really got to ask yourself what the hell is the point in continuing.....
    I chuckled too.

  19. #267
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    When did I make it look like it was a fact? I have always said that it's not "likely"...that's in relation to a possibility.

    As for the Blu Ray example, I just don't think you're understanding what I mean. and I'm done here.

    I chuckled too.
    you're not understanding what i mean either...

    i had enough of you two.

  20. #268
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    you're not understanding what i mean either...

    i had enough of you two.
    you don't see the pattern that is emerging?

    in anycase, your original point was based on no evidence what-so-ever. yes, you said "what IF", but that's like saying 'what IF MS made a 360 that could also cook ready made meals - ouch that would be big'.

    is it impossible? no. is it likely? well there is no indication they are moving in a culinary direction. is it 'big'? no.

    i fail to see why this whole 'MS Home' idea is any different. you've just fabricated a scenario from nothing, said it would be big - despite a complete lack of interest to date, and then acted like those questioning you are wrong or confused.

    you've not actually provided any real counter argument at all.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  21. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  22. #269
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    you don't see the pattern that is emerging?

    in anycase, your original point was based on no evidence what-so-ever. yes, you said "what IF", but that's like saying 'what IF MS made a 360 that could also cook ready made meals - ouch that would be big'.

    is it impossible? no. is it likely? well there is no indication they are moving in a culinary direction. is it 'big'? no.

    i fail to see why this whole 'MS Home' idea is any different. you've just fabricated a scenario from nothing, said it would be big - despite a complete lack of interest to date, and then acted like those questioning you are wrong or confused.

    you've not actually provided any real counter argument at all.
    Thought you said you're done?

  23. #270
    Elite Guru
    J3ff3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,230
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    7,857 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Thought you said you're done?
    as did you. twice. so one rule applies to you and not to me?

    either address the post, or don't.
    Got YLOD? In the UK? I'll buy it off you.

  24. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  25. #271
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,718
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    34,698 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Or ALL of you either stop this crap or warnings etc will ensue

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  26. #272
    Master Poster
    The Cage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,499 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff3 View Post
    as did you. twice. so one rule applies to you and not to me?

    either address the post, or don't.
    I was obviously avoiding an argument...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.