Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1323 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    I'm really not a fan of Piers Morgan (don't rate him at all) but bloody hell, that guy Toure made him look good...

Never thought it possible.

Master Guru
    Did you just stumble across that 6 minute clip? This is old news. Both were totally unprofessional and it was more than obvious.

Here's the entire exchange; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Z0vBfu-Po

I'm not suggesting "Toure" wasn't in the wrong. He made a fair point which was sort of lost in all the bull$#@!. I'm not suggesting one wasn't more in the wrong either. Both used the platform to continue a petty twitter debate and it was nothing if not sad.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 04-09-2012 at 23:11.

Power Member
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm suggesting, strongly, that Toures is a complete babbling reject who escaped from a summertime facility for the mentally handicapped. The level of idiocy exhibited by that man is incomparable to anything the Brit did in that video.

Morgan didn't do anything in that vid which stood out all that much to me when it comes to 'news' anchors or talkshow hosts. Yea he made some shots back.. But Toures is an imbecile who was doing nothing but making the most pathetic arguments and petty attacks I've seen in awhile. The dude is already positive that Martin is completely innocent, atleast Morgan was reserving judgment and getting both sides (like allowing Zimmerman an interview). "You don't understand, you're not an American" >> Implying he's a White British guy so he has no room to speak.

No, there is no real acceptable damage control that will sweep this under the intellectual rug so to speak.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 04-09-2012 at 23:47.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I can sum this up in one word

"Black"

Need i say more
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-pla...opstories.html

A special prosecutor promised "new information regarding the Trayvon Martin shooting death investigation" within 72 hours, prompting speculation that the alleged shooter, George Zimmerman, could be charged.
    But news the prosecutor, State Attorney Angela Corey, would soon hold a news conference came just hours after Zimmerman's lawyers said they would no longer represent him.
    Corey has said she will not present the case to a grand jury, meaning she will decide herself whether to press charges against Zimmerman in the shooting.
    Zimmerman lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig said today they were withdrawing from the case because they had lost contact with Zimmerman, who is refusing to answer their calls, texts and emails.

"We're not taking the position that we're leaving him," said one of the lawyers. "Communication can't be one way. ... I can't hold myself out as the attorney of record at this point. It wouldn't be ethical for me. ... That's why I'm stepping back."
    Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic neighborhood watch captain, shot and killed Martin, a black, unarmed Miami 17-year-old, Feb. 26 after following him for several minutes.
    The lawyers said they had not spoken to Zimmerman since Sunday, after they set up a website with his father for his legal defense. The following day, Zimmerman announced a separate website that surprised the lawyers.
    Sonner said there were "lots of things going on that I don't know about," including Zimmerman speaking to Fox TV's Sean Hannity off the record and calling Corey, the special prosecutor who is investigating the shooting.
    "We were a bit astonished," Uhrig said referring to the call to the special prosecutor. He said the prosecutor's office declined to speak to Zimmerman without his lawyers, but Zimmerman replied that they were merely his legal advisers, Uhrig said.
    The two lawyers said they were concerned about Zimmerman, who they described as isolated.
    "He can't go out to a 7/11 to buy a Diet Coke. There's a bounty out there," Uhrig said.
    The lawyer suggested that Zimmerman was probably suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
    "Perhaps the pressure has pushed him over the edge," Uhrig said. The attorney suggested Zimmerman may not be handling the pressure and has lost weight.
    He also said that Zimmerman was not in Florida, saying, "You can stop looking for him in Florida. Look much further than that."
    They also admitted that they had yet to meet Zimmerman in person.
    "He is in hiding and it was better for him to stay in hiding... There were death threats," Uhrig said.
    Both lawyers said they still stood by their belief that Zimmerman had shot Martin in self-defense.
    "We frankly believe that the correct decision would be not to charge him," Sonner said. "We hope for the best for George Zimmerman."
    The case has become an emotional focal point with heated rhetoric from both sides, prompting Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett today to describe the town as a "kindling box."

Power Member
    Well, this is interesting. Maybe he committed suicide?

Master Guru
    Nothing if not a bizarre turn of events.

-edit-

"His" website was also updated yesterday. So if he did take his own life, which there is nothing to suggest as much, then it would have been within the last 18 hours or so. Provided he was the one that made the post, which it would appear to suggest.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 04-11-2012 at 15:30.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    whats his webiste.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Interesting. Not surprised he left Florida. He'd be foolish if he stayed. Wonder why he hasn't been keeping in contact with his lawyers tho. In situations like this, they're your best friends.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    whats his webiste.
    http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/

-edit-

And it looks like he took down the "Long Live Zimmerman" photo he had under "Album."

That was "tagged" on a "black cultural center" at Ohio State University.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 04-11-2012 at 16:13.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Just heard on the news that Zimmerman has been taken into custody.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Just heard on the news that Zimmerman has been taken into custody.
    And that he's going to be charged in the death of Martin.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

13. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Overseer

Really? He is being charged? On what basis?
    Last edited by Omar; 04-12-2012 at 00:22.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    And that he's going to be charged in the death of Martin.
    Yea, most likely 2nd degree. I always thought that there was enough evidence to at least charge him for this homicide.

Forum Overseer

Interesting to see this quote on his website:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
    I guess he didn't find this quote until after the shooting.

And even then if the kid wasn't carrying candy that day.

smh

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    He has been charged with 2nd Degree Murder, and turned himself in already. Can't wait to see what the prosecution has on this. For their sake, it better be more than what we've heard already lol. They are just delaying the riots.

Elite Sage
    They always had enough to charge him. That was clear from the beginning. Now it will go to a jury like it should.

Forum Overseer

What's usually the punishment if you are proven guilty with a 2nd degree murder?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    What's usually the punishment if you are proven guilty with a 2nd degree murder?
    Probably life. This will be a difficult case. Either way it ends, it will bring up several issues.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    They always had enough to charge him. That was clear from the beginning. Now it will go to a jury like it should.
    No it wasn't. Obviously. I doubt it even gets that far. It will probably be plead down to manslaughter, 5-7 years; he'll be out in 3 on parole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Mandatory minimum of 16 and 3/4 years + any of these:
    life in prison
    life on probation
    up to 10,000 in fines.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No it wasn't. Obviously. I doubt it even gets that far. It will probably be plead down to manslaughter, 5-7 years; he'll be out in 3 on parole.
    I think so. There is plenty of evidence there to charge for this incident. This was a homicide and all homicides are not considered murder but they should be treated as such. That appeared to be the main problem here.

I always thought that he should of at least get manslaughter charges. Now he is facing 2nd degree which is pretty bad. If they are charging him with that, it means that they have some evidence to support it. If Zimmerman is smart, he will plea down.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I think so. There is plenty of evidence there to charge for this incident. This was a homicide and all homicides are not considered murder but they should be treated as such. That appeared to be the main problem here.

I always thought that he should of at least get manslaughter charges. Now he is facing 2nd degree which is pretty bad. If they are charging him with that, it means that they have some evidence to support it. If Zimmerman is smart, he will plea down.
    Sure they have some evidence to support it.. a dead person. I have a feeling that they will try and deal it down to begin with. Depending on what the defense gets after they file for discovery, that'll be when it'll happen; if it does.

Power Member
    If FEAR is right than this is just a shameless PR move by the State. People are upset so they bring up charges.

I'm really not seeing any 'facts' with which to condemn Zimmerman here.

Edit: didn't the sherriff's department state that they hoped the guy was left alone since they didn't find anything worth charging him over or something? I swear I read something like that today..

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    If FEAR is right than this is just a shameless PR move by the State. People are upset so they bring up charges.

I'm really not seeing any 'facts' with which to condemn Zimmerman here.

Edit: didn't the sherriff's department state that they hoped the guy was left alone since they didn't find anything worth charging him over or something? I swear I read something like that today..
    I will say this;

The fact that the max (considering the removal of the GJ) speaks more to the severity of this than not. The general consensus seemed to be that if any charge was filed, IF, that it would be manslaughter. I think it's more of the stretching of the matter at hand to also suggest that this could have been some possible move to prevent some "backlash," or "rioting." It almost suggests that the black community is nothing but a bunch of animals incapable of acting rationally. This couldn't be further from the truth and is more a racially charged comment than most we have seen.

It was also widely debated whether or not the recent reviewing, revisiting of evidence, would even result in an indictment. It was possible it wouldn't. It's a cop out to originally suggest he wouldn't be charged, then when he is, turn around and suggest this is "damage control." This just seems like more stretching of the present information to further one's own narrative.

"derp derp derp he wasn't told NOT to follow him derp derp"

A sheriff, the sheriff, whatever, also went on record saying they would not issue charges. This is after the local prosecutor shot down a suggestion of a manslaughter charge (immediately after the matter) so it isn't like this was some unanimous decision.

Lead investigator Chris Serino wanted to charge George Zimmerman with manslaughter after interviewing him on the night he shot Trayvon Martin, 17.
    He filed an affidavit with the court urging the manslaughter charge, but was overruled by the state's attorney, Norman Wolfinger, according to a report on ABC News.com. Wolfinger told Serino the evidence would not support the manslaughter charge.
    So, that "sheriff" quote is partially true. If only what happened after the fact. The request was shot down by the state's attorney, who was shortly relieved of his "involvement" in the case. Now, I'm not sure how long someone in that position would normally latch on to this case, but that was apparently big news for some.

Also, while there may not be evidence "condeming" Zimmerman, there isn't exactly a lot of evidence to confirm his claim. Everyone on "his" side said it was him screaming on the tape. He said he was screaming for help. It was determined that it couldn't have been him. The same individual / rep has provided similar evidence in cases that have swung convictions before, so this evidence could very well be used in a court of law. THIS could be damning.

As for medical records, to confirm the claim that he was being beaten within inches of his life ...

Again. What has happened is what most of the people have been calling for. Some have obviously wanted more. I don't associate, condone, accept that. If he can prove he was acting in self defense, or even if they can't prove that he wasn't, then after that ....

I just find it funny that there has been such a one sided debate about this. Oh, we question Trayvon's "character" based on what we come to find out is sketchy details of your average teenager. But George's? We don't question that dude's character around here. Nah. His possibly violent past, people he knew both speaking to different sides of his attitude and demeanor ... we don't care about that, right? I'm not saying we have a bunch of racists around here, though some clearly suggest as much, but we have clearly seen some negative black sentiments. It pretty sad.

All anyone wanted was this dude to answer for his killing of an unarmed teen. Guilty or not, face the system. This dude was brought in, rightfully so, and apparently this tough-as-balls LADY felt it was necessary. This doesn't seem like some pushover. And if you think this was some sort of attempt to "prevent" something is just further stretching of reality.

And the stand-your-ground law WILL be addressed. NEEDS to be addressed. It's complete $#@!. I haven't seen the whole PC but I'm hearing that there was a subtle suggestion that his claims of the stand-your-ground defense might not seem very legitimate. I'll watch it after I slam this beer and smoke a cig.

Also.

This.

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/11/when..._ground_fails/

26. Likes Admartian , Leviticus likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    From my experience, prosecutors like to charge high, deal down. What you do is take the facts that your case holds, dismiss the defense, and what charge would you have? Murder 2. It's a scare tactic, and it does work sometimes. Some people will deal down, some will go to trial. So we'll see where it goes from here. Just because they've made the charge doesn't mean that they have some ace on hold.

Thread Information