Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1424 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    I don't doubt that, was speaking more to them trying to prevent some "riots" by charging him. At all. Which they didn't have to do. And it would be entirely more damning if this thing was thrown out and it was shown that they no real evidence all along. That this was just a petty attempt at delivering "justice" and playing to the people when they didn't have to. That, in my mind, could be more potentially dangerous than not.
    Last edited by plustheharm; 04-12-2012 at 16:55.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by plustheharm View Post
    I don't doubt that, was speaking more to them trying to prevent some "riots" by charging him. At all. Which they didn't have to do. And it would be entirely more damning if this thing was thrown out and it was shown that they no real evidence all along. That this was just a petty attempt at delivering "justice" and playing to the people when they didn't have to. That, in my mind, could be more potentially dangerous than not.
    They are going to put on a compelling case.. that'll alleviate that issue. I think the damning part for the states case will be Zimmermans testimony, and eye witnesses that back that story up.

Master Guru
    Sure, and apparently they feel they have enough evidence to suggest a charge of murder in the second-degree. Doesn't sound like this lady would have gone for the max if she didn't think there was something there. The last thing you want to see is someone playing to the public, going through the motions for no reason. I haven't even seen much to suggest that the masses were on the brink of a riot, anyways. Unless marching peacefully and meeting in some public forum is closer to this than not. I haven't much experience with riots, so I guess I wouldn't know.

It would be embarrassing if it turned out they didn't have enough to warrant the charge. It's obviously a possibility that it could be plead down, but it doesn't sound like that is the intention with this charge being done only for the sake of going the no-bond route. Which I hear is later today, not sure what time.

Master Guru
    http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/tr...artin-shooting

Live video of first court appearance.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea, most likely 2nd degree. I always thought that there was enough evidence to at least charge him for this homicide.
    They always had enough to charge him. That was clear from the beginning. Now it will go to a jury like it should.
    Probably life. This will be a difficult case. Either way it ends, it will bring up several issues.
    Wow, I didn't know you were also a legal professional! You wear many hats!

People were pitching a huge fit saying he killed this dude and got off, but no one was giving the police department any time to do the investigation properly to determine if they were going to charge him! The guy doesn't have to be arrested for an investigation to ensue and charges be brought, but all these "legal experts" out there seemed to have known better! It's really quite comical that we have so many stupid people running around, I guess it's just more obvious now that they have been given a medium that allows them to display that stupidity to the masses.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

6. Likes John25 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Lets make sure we keep our opinions civil. I would rather not see this turn in to a "I know better than you" discussion, resulting in insults.

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    What lethal said.
    Lets keep this discussion civil and professional. Insulting one side of this topic is not gonna fly well with us.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney , plustheharm likes this post
    Master Guru
    Fair and true.

So bail was not addressed today and is thought to be addressed in the coming weeks.

Veteran
    I wasn't referring to anyone directly, but sitting on a computer some place and claiming to know better than the police and local officials as to what is going on, what should be done, etc... come on! They don't simply arrest people unless evidence is so obvious that it's nearly clear cut. In this case, they were investigating and it eventually led to an arrest! The public didn't give them time to do their due diligence, they immediately erupted claiming the guy got off, and now that they DID press charges... AFTER they investigated it, people are going to say "They only did that because the public outcry, it wouldn't have happened otherwise"....

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    They are taking the easy road here. Putting this into the hands of someone else instead of not charging him. This removes their responsibility in that regard. Now all they do is give the evidence and pass the buck to the jury. Either way, if he's not found guilty, or plead down, there will be hell.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    2nd degree will be extremely hard in this case. TBh I don't see that one sticking.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I just read some of the court filings for probable cause.. ROFL. I surely hope they have a lot more than what they've said so far lol. They've used "During this time period witnesses heard numerous calls for help and some of these were recorded in 911 calls to police. Trayvon Martin's mother has reviewed the 911 calls and has identified the voice crying for help as Trayvon Martin's voice." as a basis for probable cause... $#@!ing hilarious.

I can see their case getting torn apart quite easily...

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I just read some of the court filings for probable cause.. ROFL. I surely hope they have a lot more than what they've said so far lol. They've used "During this time period witnesses heard numerous calls for help and some of these were recorded in 911 calls to police. Trayvon Martin's mother has reviewed the 911 calls and has identified the voice crying for help as Trayvon Martin's voice." as a basis for probable cause... $#@!ing hilarious.

I can see their case getting torn apart quite easily...

thats a good thign right?

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    thats a good thign right?
    There's more evidence that they have that they are keeping close to their chest. So who know's as far as to it being "easy" for him to get off.

He better hope his website raises enough money that he can move if he goes free. All hell is going to break loose.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's more evidence that they have that they are keeping close to their chest. So who know's as far as to it being "easy" for him to get off.

He better hope his website raises enough money that he can move if he goes free. All hell is going to break loose.
    Sad state of affairs if someone is proven innocent and has to move for fear that he will be killed.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Sad state of affairs if someone is proven innocent and has to move for fear that he will be killed.
    All the things out there to the public about the case + people making it about race =edit: it being a possibility.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-13-2012 at 00:42.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Nah, I don't think so. If he gets acquitted during the trial there will be anger but not on the scale that people think. I think most just wan't him to stand trial for the homicide. Now, if the case gets thrown out because of the SYG Law, there may be some issues .

Master Sage
    Nah, I don't think so. If he gets acquitted during the trial there will be anger but not on the scale that people think. I think most just wan't him to stand trial for the homicide. Now, if the case gets thrown out because of the SYG Law, there may be some issues .
    That could be the case too. I don't want to be called out for thinking I know everything. I'm just speculating.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    if he is found not guilty, we will see childish actions like we always do

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by funeralfog View Post
    if he is found not guilty, we will see childish actions like we always do
    like after the stanley cup...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Lol....touche

IRONRANGER6 Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Can't disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I just read some of the court filings for probable cause.. ROFL. I surely hope they have a lot more than what they've said so far lol.
    One would assume. This was on account of probable cause for the charge. Didn't have to lay it all out on the table for that. And it was enough to proceed.

I do hope so. I don't deny that it looks like a tall order to actually get the conviction on the full, and if anything unsatisfactory comes out of it I should hope that "all hell" doesn't "break loose."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    like after the Lakers win a championship... watch out shoe stores!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by plustheharm View Post
    Can't disagree with that.

One would assume. This was on account of probable cause for the charge. Didn't have to lay it all out on the table for that. And it was enough to proceed.

I do hope so. I don't deny that it looks like a tall order to actually get the conviction on the full, and if anything unsatisfactory comes out of it I should hope that "all hell" doesn't "break loose."
    I just find it funny that the only thing that their probable cause listing saying that the actual shooting wasn't self-defense is a mother identifying screams lol. Kinda ridiculous actually.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    so if he is found not guily, there's probably gonna be a $#@!storm. if he is found guilty, he well ....

It's justice. I remember every interview with a black person saying they want justice, but they have a narrow view of what that is. They already convicted zimmerman in their head and anything but a conviction isint justice to them. If he is innocent, justice means he doesn't go to prison, but well see how everything turns out.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Thread Information