Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    It's justice. I remember every interview with a black person saying they want justice, but they have a narrow view of what that is. They already convicted zimmerman in their head and anything but a conviction isint justice to them. If he is innocent, justice means he doesn't go to prison, but well see how everything turns out.
    This isn't about race.

2. Likes Two4DaMoney , BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The best race is of course the Grand Prix.

4. Likes *goo, BBK.. likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This isn't about race.
    BS if it isn't. I don't know if you're trying to convince us of that, or yourself.

Supreme Veteran
    Well you said it is so it must be.

7. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    BS if it isn't. I don't know if you're trying to convince us of that, or yourself.
    Race is a factor. Its kinda hard to get around that. Obviously this country still has race problems and probably always will, but this is more about if someone committed a crime, did something that was morally wrong, or had a justifiable use of self defense. People are divided over this killing but now it is in the hands of the justice system. If he walks, he walks. If not, he serves his punishment whatever it will be. Either way, life goes on. There is no victory for either side.

Zimmerman is the only one left now who knows what really happened that night. Deep down, he has to be remorseful regardless of how this ends. He will get his chance to face the parents one day and you can only hope he gives them a heart felt apology. This is what a decent person would do regardless of if it was self defense or not.

Veteran
    This isn't about race.
    Not about race? Are you serious? Black on black crime happens every day where a guilty black man doesn't face the justice system. White on white crime happens every day where a guilty white man doesn't face the justice system. Do black activists hold media events about EITHER of those? Hell no, you only hear from them when it's white on black (in this case the dudes Hispanic but everyone is still calling him white), that's it. Do you see white guys that are in prison holding up signs saying "Reserved for George Zimmerman"? Does the black community get so up in arms when one black man kills another innocent black person?

Come on man, this is more about race than it is about the actual event, I honestly don't know how you can say this isn't about race.
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 04-14-2012 at 15:41.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

10. Likes F34R , Vulgotha likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    This isn't about race.
    It shouldn't be about race but when you bring in al sharpton or the black panthers and they make it about race. Every news story I saw interviewed some black man or woman and they said we want justice, but they really meant we want vengeful justice...they want conviction whether he is guilty or not. I was merely tring to point out that justice goes both ways.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

12. Likes F34R likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    It shouldn't be about race but when you bring in al sharpton or the black panthers and they make it about race. Every news story I saw interviewed some black man or woman and they said we want justice, but they really meant we want vengeful justice...they want conviction whether he is guilty or not. I was merely tring to point out that justice goes both ways.
    I don't really care for Al too much but in this particular situation I don't think he was the one who brought race into it. Although his network helped to bring national attention to the incident. From what ive seen so far he is against any vengeful action towards Zimmerman and so far has urged all people to remain non violent. I think he is mostly trying to encourage honest dialog and getting people to take action and address some social issues of this country. I do wish he would do that more for all cases like this regardless of race. I think the majority just wanted the appropriate actions be taken according to the law. Now, that he has been arrested it will play out like it should.

As far as the Black Panthers go, i don't think they have commented publicly about this. You may be referring the New Black party which has no affiliation with the actual Black Panther party of the 60s and 70s. I'm not 100% sure but i think they are two different groups.

The Heisman
    Not a fan of Al either...

But this thing stunk of racial profiling from the get go. Al didn't have much to do with it.

Hard time convincing most people that a 140lb kid with candy in his pockets posed a life threat to an armed man with 100 lbs on him...

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Not a fan of Al either...

But this thing stunk of racial profiling from the get go. Al didn't have much to do with it.

Hard time convincing most people that a 140lb kid with candy in his pockets posed a life threat to an armed man with 100 lbs on him...
    Those people are naive then...

The Heisman
    Those people are naive then...
    not really.

such a scenario would trigger suspicion in most people... as well as a call for answers.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 04-14-2012 at 21:02.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yes, really. Thugs especially would dispute what you've said.

The Heisman
    Yes, really. Thugs especially would dispute what you've said.
    most thugs don't pick fights with guys who are bigger than them.

Cowards resort to gun/weapons when they are at a disadvantage.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    most thugs don't pick fights with guys who are bigger than them.

Cowards resort to gun/weapons when they are at a disadvantage.
    What world do you live in? lol

If you legally carried a gun and someone jumped you and whipping you up badly, I guess you'd just let that nice weapon rest idle in the holster. smh
    Last edited by F34R; 04-14-2012 at 23:07.

The Heisman
    What world do you live in? lol

If you legally carried a gun and someone jumped you and whipping you up badly, I guess you'd just let that nice weapon rest idle in the holster. smh
    the real one.

you know its true. Most thugs are cowards. Hence the reason they (most people in my opinion) carry guns to begin with.

its a license to be a $#@!. say whatever want, act however you like... and if anybody steps up... you pop em.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    you must have the roles reversed here... the man with the gun in this case wasn't the thug, the attacker was.

Forum Overseer

I do think Zimmerman was a thug. He probably thought he was righteous but it's apparent that he wasn't afraid to go after people (since he was carrying a gun) without much of a reason and even if he didn't plan this, if it were that easy for him to pull the trigger, he wasn't fit to carry the weapon to begin with.

I wouldn't think he was a thug if he had just been in his place and he was attacked by him without a reason. But he became the aggressor the moment he went after him. Trayvon obviously escalated it but he started the thing.

The Heisman
    you must have the roles reversed here... the man with the gun in this case wasn't the thug, the attacker was.
    speaking generically- as indicated when i say encompassing things like "most thugs"... keep up.

as for this guy with the gun in this particular instance... might not be a "thug" by stereotypical definitions... but certainly seems like a coward... if not something worse.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I do think Zimmerman was a thug. He probably thought he was righteous but it's apparent that he wasn't afraid to go after people (since he was carrying a gun) without much of a reason and even if he didn't plan this, if it were that easy for him to pull the trigger, he wasn't fit to carry the weapon to begin with.

I wouldn't think he was a thug if he had just been in his place and he was attacked by him without a reason. But he became the aggressor the moment he went after him. Trayvon obviously escalated it but he started the thing.
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. He FOLLOWED someone... OMG scary stuff. Carried a gun without reason? It's his Constitutional RIGHT to carry a weapon. That alone is reason enough. He was allowed by law to do so. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. How do you know it was EASY for him to pull the trigger? What do you even base that on?
    speaking generically- as indicated when i say encompassing things like "most thugs"... keep up.

as for this guy with the gun in this particular instance... might not be a "thug" by stereotypical definitions... but certainly seems like a coward... if not something worse.
    He's a coward for defending himself? Yeah... whatever.

The Heisman
    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. He FOLLOWED someone... OMG scary stuff. Carried a gun without reason? It's his Constitutional RIGHT to carry a weapon. That alone is reason enough. He was allowed by law to do so. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. How do you know it was EASY for him to pull the trigger? What do you even base that on?

He's a coward for defending himself? Yeah... whatever.

pick a fight, start to lose, blow the guy away... if that don't fit your definition of a thug then I don't know what does.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

26. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Is thug code for gay because Blowing guys sounds awefully $#@!sexual.

Forum Overseer

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. He FOLLOWED someone... OMG scary stuff.
    An armed man following another person, Yes! I donno F34R, your judgement might be clouded by the fact that you see this kinda stuff everyday but for mainstream people like myself, yes that's $#@!ing scary!

Carried a gun without reason? It's his Constitutional RIGHT to carry a weapon. That alone is reason enough. He was allowed by law to do so. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    You've misunderstood. I meant that he followed him without much of a reason.

How do you know it was EASY for him to pull the trigger? What do you even base that on?
    They were in a fist fight. Yes it seems like he was quick to pull the trigger when there were no weapons involved.

Otherwise no one would say that it's a tragedy.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Is thug code for gay because Blowing guys sounds awefully $#@!sexual.
    UK isn't familiar with the phrase "blow the guy away" ???

y'all don't get american movies out there?

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Supreme Veteran
    Yes we have electricity too. BRB gonna go smoke a fag.

Power Member
    the real one.

you know its true. Most thugs are cowards. Hence the reason they (most people in my opinion) carry guns to begin with.

its a license to be a $#@!. say whatever want, act however you like... and if anybody steps up... you pop em.
    This is hilariously unsubstantiated.

So, what, real men just always whip up their fists in a life or death situation? Are we living in some kind of bizarre time warp where we still adhere to some kind of medieval style honor system?

I also love to bits that you fail to make any distinction between 'law abiding gun owners' and 'thugs'.

Thread Information