Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 713
  1. #76
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Even if this case falls under the stand your ground rule,(which I don't think it does) there still should of been an arrest. Not only did they let him walk, they let him go with the weapon that was used. From the 911 tapes it shows Zimmerman wasn't under any direct threat. Any reasonably person can hear that tape and tell that his bias is what lead to this incident. If anyone can claim defense it would have to be the victim. This guy doesn't have a legal or moral ground to stand on.

    Edit: it was just reported on the news that the officer on the scene never asked Zimmerman any questions about the incident. If this is true, that ish is crazy.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-23-2012 at 23:28.

  2. #77
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Even if this case falls under the stand your ground rule,(which I don't think it does) there still should of been an arrest. Not only did they let him walk, they let him go with the weapon that was used. From the 911 tapes it shows Zimmerman wasn't under any direct threat. Any reasonably person can hear that tape and tell that his bias is what lead to this incident. If anyone can claim defense it would have to be the victim. This guy doesn't have a legal or moral ground to stand on.

    Edit: it was just reported on the news that the officer on the scene never asked Zimmerman any questions about the incident. If this is true, that ish is crazy.
    Where do you get this stuff lol.

    Why would you arrest someone that hasn't committed a crime? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever lol. They didn't LET HIM WALK. He was cuffed and transported to the Police Department, questioned, and released. There was an altercation after Zimmerman caught up with the kid. Do we know who initiated the physical confrontation once he caught up to the boy? Do we even know what the basis of the self defense claim is yet? What if the kid decided to go for the gun that Zimmerman was legally allowed to be carrying? I mean, there are a LOT of unanswered questions to go along with the sensational news reporting and online petitions and claims of hate crimes, etc. They need actual evidence of a crime before they can arrest someone. What part of that do people not understand?




  3. #78
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok, so if this man says that the kid tried to take his gun, then what happens?

  4. #79
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Ok, so if this man says that the kid tried to take his gun, then what happens?
    They can try and break that story if they think its not true. Polygraph him, but those usually aren't even admissible in court.
    The other option is to gather as many witnesses as you can, get all their stories independently, and try and paint a picture outside of the "suspects" story. Short of those things, you're stuck in a situation like this.




  5. #80
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Generally speaking, what are the chances that this guy might convince that it was in self-defense...from what we know so far. I'm sure you've seen these kind of cases before, so I'm just curious.

    It seems to me that if there's nothing concrete, then there's nothing they can do about it but believe his story. They will have to disprove him, if they can't then he wins.

  6. #81
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I mean, without an eye witness. Slim. Someone that can say that they saw Zimmerman, and he couldn't have been under duress by any reasonable standard.




  7. #82
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Where do you get this stuff lol.

    Why would you arrest someone that hasn't committed a crime?
    I see your point but why would they take his word and not attempt to question any witnesses when it was clear that other people called 911 to report what they were hearing? Isn't that normal procedure? People definitely heard the gun shot.


    Its up to a jury to decide if he is guilty or innocent, not the police.They didn't have evidence after the incident but now there is sufficient evidence to make an arrest. He shot an unarmed innocent teen after pursuing him after he was told not to. And I know this isn't about race but there isn't a black man in America who believes that they would be allowed to go free if were the other way around.

    And then there is this:

    The family didn't find out until almost a day later that he was dead. They had to file a missing persons report. It was also reported that the police never used his phone to call the last person he talked too to identify him. Is that normal procedure too? Not to mention they never did a background check or a drug and alcohol test on Zimmerman. Isn't that standard procedure in a homicide investigation?

    I'm not saying that he is guilty or innocent but it seems that the Police assumed the kid was guilty. It appears that this case wasn't handled properly.

  8. Likes Everyday likes this post
  9. #83
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    26,479 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Dramatic much? Obviously it's not so cut and dry as you put it.
    Dramatic much? Absolutely not, F3AR. If they told him to chill the $#@! out and leave it alone, he pursued the 'criminal/victim' anyway, that throws out (Or should at least) any case the 'killer/defender' had. Based on what's been told. And yeah, it could be that cut and dry. Remember, this is America. ANYTHING can be setup and fixed.


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  10. #84
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I see your point but why would they take his word and not attempt to question any witnesses when it was clear that other people called 911 to report what they were hearing? Isn't that normal procedure? People definitely heard the gun shot.


    Its up to a jury to decide if he is guilty or innocent, not the police.They didn't have evidence after the incident but now there is sufficient evidence to make an arrest. He shot an unarmed innocent teen after pursuing him after he was told not to. And I know this isn't about race but there isn't a black man in America who believes that they would be allowed to go free if were the other way around.

    And then there is this:

    The family didn't find out until almost a day later that he was dead. They had to file a missing persons report. It was also reported that the police never used his phone to call the last person he talked too to identify him. Is that normal procedure too? Not to mention they never did a background check or a drug and alcohol test on Zimmerman. Isn't that standard procedure in a homicide investigation?

    I'm not saying that he is guilty or innocent but it seems that the Police assumed the kid was guilty. It appears that this case wasn't handled properly.
    How do you know they didn't talk to anyone that called 911?

    True, it's up to a jury to decide the guilt or innocence. However, it's not up to the police on whether to even charge him at this point. A murder charge would need to be approved by attorneys from the solicitors office, the State. They aren't going to go forward on a bunch of supposition. You only get ONE bite at this. There isn't any need to irrationally let the emotions of the public get in the way of justice.

    First you have the public outcry for an arrest. They arrest him before the case is fully investigated. They don't have $#@! for evidence other than the testimony of people that DIDN'T SEE it, except one guy who sounded really unsure of how the altercation started. That kind of witness isn't going to get a murder conviction. Now you've lost your one and only chance to even bring charges on this guy and try him in a court of law. Then the people would be all up in arms because they didn't investigate thoroughly enough and arrested him without enough evidence for a possible conviction. The public can be extremely dumb at times, especially when they don't know what they are talking about and their emotions are ruling their thoughts.

    As far as the notification goes... I don't have a clue about that. That isn't relevant to anything related to the Zimmerman case at all. Grabbing the kids phone and using it could have resulted in a bad result had any evidence come from that use without permission or a search warrant being given.

    Standard procedure in a homicide investigation... yes. However, this didn't start out as a homicide investigation and they didn't necessarily have all the info they have now on all these witnesses, etc. I doubt a search warrant for blood seizure would have been given based on the initial call, seeing as he was released after being questioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Dramatic much? Absolutely not, F3AR. If they told him to chill the $#@! out and leave it alone, he pursued the 'criminal/victim' anyway, that throws out (Or should at least) any case the 'killer/defender' had. Based on what's been told. And yeah, it could be that cut and dry. Remember, this is America. ANYTHING can be setup and fixed.
    I'm sorry, but the police don't tell me who I can and can't follow without a complaint from that person being filed. This IS America, and I'll walk wherever I want in public regardless of what the Police tell me to do; barring a lawful order. If he confronted that kid, and the kid went for this guys gun he was legally carrying... then he's justified. So, no, it's not "cut and dry".
    Last edited by F34R; 03-24-2012 at 01:24.




  11. Likes Omar likes this post
  12. #85
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anyways... cool sentiment sent to the family of the victim"



    Dear parents of Trayvon Martin,
    As a white mother of a white son, I do not pretend to know what you must be going through right now. I respect and honor our differences. My neighbors and I have taken these pictures because we want you to know that you are not alone. We have all wept for your son. We dress our children in hoodies because we want them to grow up to share the burden we feel. We want them to know that if a child or a group of children are not safe in this world then we are all responsible. We want them to know that today, at this moment, we are all Trayvon.
    May God bless you and bring you comfort.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  13. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
  14. #86
    Veteran
    DINAMO788's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,929
    Rep Power
    84
    Points
    6,307 (0 Banked)
    Items Arsenal
    I dont think the people here understand the meaning of Hard Evidence. Most of these posts seem to be made based off emotion. They need to find hard evidence to convict him. Until they do that, we can only make guesses. I dont think this is like OJ Simpson. But i do think zimmerman murdered this kid and i do think he should get life. But again, what I think or what you think is mostly irrelevant. The fact that he disobeyed police isnt incriminating alone. Then again, i believe there are means, motive, and opportunity. I think i'm just as upset at the police department than anything. Not bringing in a homicide detective. Not getting a tox screen on Zimmerman.

  15. #87
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Anyways... cool sentiment sent to the family of the victim"

    Using "white woman, white son" is a slap in the face. No one gives a $#@! if these people are white.




  16. #88
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,654 (0 Banked)
    I think it will ultimately boil down to the FBI investigation of Trayvon's body. Specifically the bullet wound should give an indication of the relative distance between shooter and victim. Should the bullet wound analysis indicate that there was a substantial distance between them then the self-defense claim will fall apart.

    However, if it turns out that he was shot at very close range, perhaps with the barrel pressed against his chest, then that would indicate a physical struggle before the shot was fired, in which case self-defense is entirely possible.

    I'm still withholding my final judgement as to who is right, but the local police should all be fired for incompetency either way. The shooter should have been immediately detained and interrogated, his firearm should have been confiscated for ballistics testing, and a full and thorough investigation should have taken place. From all outward appearances it certainly looks like an official cover-up.

  17. #89
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,654 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Likewise, it doesn't mean it was cold blooded murder either. Maybe the kid got scared and went for the guys gun?
    And how exactly would that happen when it is illegal to pull the gun except in self defense? If he had followed the law he couldn't have pulled the gun until after he was attacked, but why would some kid who just stepped out to buy some candy attack a random 40+ year old man?


    Zimmerman ay not be guilty, but if he's not then that suggests that the kid made an unprovoked attack on him as he passively watched from a distance and waited for police. If you're going to make that suggestion I would at the very least like to know what you believe the kids motivation for such an unprovoked attack might be.

  18. #90
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,179
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,249 (0 Banked)
    He's playing devil's advocate.....don't think he has made any statements regarding the case itself or the people involved (if they are guilty/or they are not), he's been questioning other people's positions....

  19. Likes Everyday likes this post
  20. #91
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,105
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    146,204 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I think it will ultimately boil down to the FBI investigation of Trayvon's body. Specifically the bullet wound should give an indication of the relative distance between shooter and victim. Should the bullet wound analysis indicate that there was a substantial distance between them then the self-defense claim will fall apart.

    However, if it turns out that he was shot at very close range, perhaps with the barrel pressed against his chest, then that would indicate a physical struggle before the shot was fired, in which case self-defense is entirely possible.

    I'm still withholding my final judgement as to who is right, but the local police should all be fired for incompetency either way. The shooter should have been immediately detained and interrogated, his firearm should have been confiscated for ballistics testing, and a full and thorough investigation should have taken place. From all outward appearances it certainly looks like an official cover-up.
    I guarantee that is all being done. Whether it's the FBI, State, or Local LE. Your assessment is extremely narrow and lacks any actual forensic substance. The shooter WAS detained and interrogated. His firearm, no need to confiscate it. He admitted to shooting the kid. However, ballistics can be done whenever. It doesn't HAVE to be done right away. More than likely, when he becomes an actual SUSPECT in a crime, his firearm will be the subject to a search warrant, issued by a judge that has found probable cause. Doing it any other way at the beginning could taint the evidence, and harm everything discovered from that initial seizure. Public pressure can kill cases quicker than $#@!-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    And how exactly would that happen when it is illegal to pull the gun except in self defense? If he had followed the law he couldn't have pulled the gun until after he was attacked, but why would some kid who just stepped out to buy some candy attack a random 40+ year old man?


    Zimmerman ay not be guilty, but if he's not then that suggests that the kid made an unprovoked attack on him as he passively watched from a distance and waited for police. If you're going to make that suggestion I would at the very least like to know what you believe the kids motivation for such an unprovoked attack might be.
    If he followed WHAT law?

    I'll give you a scenario here... that doesn't follow your staging of the events of how Zimmerman wouldn't be guilty.

    Zimmerman calls 911, they tell him they don't need him to follow the kid. He does anyway. No law broken there. He confronts the kid and asks him what he's doing there. The kid gets an attitude and starts playing "hard". He sees Zimmermans gun, and reaches out, ya know... still playing; whatever. Zimmerman pushes the teen away from his weapon. Now the kid is pissed and aggressively walks back towards Zimmerman. Zimmerman believes the kid will try and take the gun away from him since he's already reached for it once. Before the teen gets up close to him, Zimmerman pulls his weapon, tells the kid to stop, and fires from about six feet when the teen wouldn't stop.

    Now let's throw in the 911 call from the by-standard that called when he saw a struggle. Maybe the kid got his hands on the weapon and they were both struggling for control of it. Zimmerman regains control of his weapon, and in fear for his life if this guy gets his gun from him, he fires a single shot; disabling the teen and ultimately killing him.


    I'm not saying that either of these is how it happened. I wasn't there. I'm just trying to give you an idea of why this case is going to be so hard to prosecute. Either of my two scenarios above justify the shooting. What evidence do they have that can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it didn't go down like that, or that any other self defense claim isn't true?
    Last edited by F34R; 03-24-2012 at 11:11.




  21. #92
    Veteran
    weskurtz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    18,996 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Using "white woman, white son" is a slap in the face. No one gives a $#@! if these people are white.
    Yeah, that part really stood out to me. Because it's a black kid that got shot we all assume it's some sort of hate crime. I'm surprised it didn't die down when they found out the shooter wasn't white to be honest.

    So, this kid was shot and killed, how much was reported about the little white boy that was doused in gasoline and lit on fire by two black boys? We know it didn't make national news, it hardly made ANY news! Wonder why the media rushes out and covers every second of this but hardly bothers to report the other?
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"


  22. #93
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,485
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,654 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I guarantee that is all being done. Whether it's the FBI, State, or Local LE. Your assessment is extremely narrow and lacks any actual forensic substance. The shooter WAS detained and interrogated. His firearm, no need to confiscate it.
    Excuse me... there is ALWAYS the need to confiscate evidence in a potential murder investigation. If you're conducting a murder investigation, which is what this should have been from the start, the absolute last thing you would ever do is let the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon in hand.


    He admitted to shooting the kid. However, ballistics can be done whenever. It doesn't HAVE to be done right away. More than likely, when he becomes an actual SUSPECT in a crime, his firearm will be the subject to a search warrant, issued by a judge that has found probable cause.
    He should have been a SUSPECT in a crime the moment the first police officer shows up. The police should have conducted a proper HOMICIDE investigation. A homicide unquestionably took place. Whether it was justified or not is for the investigation to determine, but until the investigation is complete it should be assumed that the homicide was murder.

    Doing it any other way at the beginning could taint the evidence, and harm everything discovered from that initial seizure.
    But letting the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon couldn't possibly taint the evidence, right? Nope, no chance at all that letting the suspect leave with the weapon used in the shooting could taint the evidence.




    If he followed WHAT law?
    Improper Exibition of a Firearm. Florida Statute 790.10

    I mean, you are aware that it's against the law in every state in the US to use a firearm as a weapon of intimidation, right? You can't just pull it out and point it whenever you want, the threat has to exist BEFORE you can unholster it.

    I'll give you a scenario here... that doesn't follow your staging of the events of how Zimmerman wouldn't be guilty.


    Zimmerman calls 911, they tell him they don't need him to follow the kid. He does anyway. No law broken there. He confronts the kid and asks him what he's doing there. The kid gets an attitude and starts playing "hard". He sees Zimmermans gun, and reaches out, ya know... still playing; whatever. Zimmerman pushes the teen away from his weapon. Now the kid is pissed and aggressively walks back towards Zimmerman. Zimmerman believes the kid will try and take the gun away from him since he's already reached for it once. Before the teen gets up close to him, Zimmerman pulls his weapon, tells the kid to stop, and fires from about six feet when the teen wouldn't stop.

    How would the kid see the gun if Zimmerman followed the law. You do understand the meaning of CONCEAL Carry, right? If the gun is visible, then see Florida Statute 790.10. Zimmerman would be in violation of the law and the weapon would then be considered a threat to the kid who has the right to defend himself against an armed assailant.



    I'm not saying that either of these is how it happened. I wasn't there. I'm just trying to give you an idea of why this case is going to be so hard to prosecute. Either of my two scenarios above justify the shooting. What evidence do they have that can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it didn't go down like that, or that any other self defense claim isn't true?

    The evidence against him starts with being told by the police not to confront the kid. Had he followed that order then the kid would have had to seek him out and start a confrontation with him, with no motive. There is no evidence supporting that scenario.

    And that's what the whole case boils down to. Who started the confrontation.

    If it was Zimmerman, then the kid was defending himself and Zimmerman violated the law. While Zimmerman does have the right to walk on any stretch of the street or sidewalk he wants, he does NOT have the right to confront and/or accuse anyone. He is not a police officer, and without a court order giving him the authority, detention, questioning, or any attempt to investigate the kid by him is a violation of the kids Civil Rights against improper search, seizure, and detainment.

    I know what the unnamed witness said he saw, but what he didn't say he saw was the initial confrontation. If Zimmerman started it then the kid had every right to defend himself and Zimmerman would be criminally liable for the shooting.

    And I have a really hard time trying to believe the kid, who just went to the convenience store to buy some candy while visiting relatives, started this physical confrontation with a man twice his age while having absolutely no motive.

  23. Likes Omar likes this post
  24. #94
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Excuse me... there is ALWAYS the need to confiscate evidence in a potential murder investigation. If you're conducting a murder investigation, which is what this should have been from the start, the absolute last thing you would ever do is let the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon in hand.




    He should have been a SUSPECT in a crime the moment the first police officer shows up. The police should have conducted a proper HOMICIDE investigation. A homicide unquestionably took place. Whether it was justified or not is for the investigation to determine, but until the investigation is complete it should be assumed that the homicide was murder.



    But letting the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon couldn't possibly taint the evidence, right? Nope, no chance at all that letting the suspect leave with the weapon used in the shooting could taint the evidence.






    Improper Exibition of a Firearm. Florida Statute 790.10

    I mean, you are aware that it's against the law in every state in the US to use a firearm as a weapon of intimidation, right? You can't just pull it out and point it whenever you want, the threat has to exist BEFORE you can unholster it.




    How would the kid see the gun if Zimmerman followed the law. You do understand the meaning of CONCEAL Carry, right? If the gun is visible, then see Florida Statute 790.10. Zimmerman would be in violation of the law and the weapon would then be considered a threat to the kid who has the right to defend himself against an armed assailant.






    The evidence against him starts with being told by the police not to confront the kid. Had he followed that order then the kid would have had to seek him out and start a confrontation with him, with no motive. There is no evidence supporting that scenario.

    And that's what the whole case boils down to. Who started the confrontation.

    If it was Zimmerman, then the kid was defending himself and Zimmerman violated the law. While Zimmerman does have the right to walk on any stretch of the street or sidewalk he wants, he does NOT have the right to confront and/or accuse anyone. He is not a police officer, and without a court order giving him the authority, detention, questioning, or any attempt to investigate the kid by him is a violation of the kids Civil Rights against improper search, seizure, and detainment.

    I know what the unnamed witness said he saw, but what he didn't say he saw was the initial confrontation. If Zimmerman started it then the kid had every right to defend himself and Zimmerman would be criminally liable for the shooting.

    And I have a really hard time trying to believe the kid, who just went to the convenience store to buy some candy while visiting relatives, started this physical confrontation with a man twice his age while having absolutely no motive.
    Good post and so factual. This is basically a homicide case and the police department made some huge errors. Its out of their hands now thank god.

  25. #95
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Excuse me... there is ALWAYS the need to confiscate evidence in a potential murder investigation. If you're conducting a murder investigation, which is what this should have been from the start, the absolute last thing you would ever do is let the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon in hand.




    He should have been a SUSPECT in a crime the moment the first police officer shows up. The police should have conducted a proper HOMICIDE investigation. A homicide unquestionably took place. Whether it was justified or not is for the investigation to determine, but until the investigation is complete it should be assumed that the homicide was murder.



    But letting the suspect leave with the potential murder weapon couldn't possibly taint the evidence, right? Nope, no chance at all that letting the suspect leave with the weapon used in the shooting could taint the evidence.






    Improper Exibition of a Firearm. Florida Statute 790.10

    I mean, you are aware that it's against the law in every state in the US to use a firearm as a weapon of intimidation, right? You can't just pull it out and point it whenever you want, the threat has to exist BEFORE you can unholster it.




    How would the kid see the gun if Zimmerman followed the law. You do understand the meaning of CONCEAL Carry, right? If the gun is visible, then see Florida Statute 790.10. Zimmerman would be in violation of the law and the weapon would then be considered a threat to the kid who has the right to defend himself against an armed assailant.






    The evidence against him starts with being told by the police not to confront the kid. Had he followed that order then the kid would have had to seek him out and start a confrontation with him, with no motive. There is no evidence supporting that scenario.

    And that's what the whole case boils down to. Who started the confrontation.

    If it was Zimmerman, then the kid was defending himself and Zimmerman violated the law. While Zimmerman does have the right to walk on any stretch of the street or sidewalk he wants, he does NOT have the right to confront and/or accuse anyone. He is not a police officer, and without a court order giving him the authority, detention, questioning, or any attempt to investigate the kid by him is a violation of the kids Civil Rights against improper search, seizure, and detainment.

    I know what the unnamed witness said he saw, but what he didn't say he saw was the initial confrontation. If Zimmerman started it then the kid had every right to defend himself and Zimmerman would be criminally liable for the shooting.

    And I have a really hard time trying to believe the kid, who just went to the convenience store to buy some candy while visiting relatives, started this physical confrontation with a man twice his age while having absolutely no motive.
    Really the only good argument here other than the one F34R posted.

  26. #96
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Really the only good argument here other than the one F34R posted.
    Yea right...Basically, i said the same thing, which is police botched this whole thing:
    I'm not saying that he is guilty or innocent but it seems that the Police assumed the kid was guilty. It appears that this case wasn't handled properly.
    There is nothing "Stan your Ground" about what happened. That is clear as day. This guy should of been held and the weapon should of been confiscated until it was properly investigated . That police department clearly wasn't going to do that. Like I said its out of their hands now and it may be the best thing.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-24-2012 at 18:47.

  27. #97
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,559
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,133 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea right...Basically, i said the same thing, which is police botched this whole thing:


    There is nothing "Stan your Ground" about what happened. That is clear as day.
    That's true but myself being not good at knowing what the general protocol is...CompletelyAverage sort of explained things in depth and seems like a better case now.

  28. #98
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's true but myself being not good at knowing what the general protocol is...CompletelyAverage sort of explained things in depth and seems like a better case now.
    Understood, but people seem to think that you need eye witnesses to prosecute a homicide and that isn't true. Homicides are not always punishable under criminal law but you must conduct an investigation just as though it was a murder.


    The shooter has already confessed and now he has to prove that it was self defense. That will be extremely hard when you consider he pursued an innocent teen that was just walking home and bothering no one.

  29. #99
    The Heisman
    DayWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    1,035 (9,287 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Using "white woman, white son" is a slap in the face. No one gives a $#@! if these people are white.
    head in the sand much?

    nice article:

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/22/opinio...tml?hpt=hp_bn2


    Why black people don't trust the police

    I don't trust cops and I don't know many black people who do.

    I respect them. I sympathize with them. I am appreciative of the work they do.

    But when you've been pulled over for no good reason as many times as I have; when you've been in handcuffs for no good reason as many times as I have; when you run out to buy some allergy medication and upon returning home, find yourself surrounded by four squad cars with flashing lights and all you can think about is how not to get shot, you learn not to trust cops.

    The first instance of injustice surrounding the Trayvon Martin tragedy occurred February 26, the night George Zimmerman decided to pursue, confront and ultimately shoot and kill Martin. The second started the moment the Sanford police failed to properly investigate what, given the 911 tapes, is clearly a questionable claim of self-defense made by Zimmerman. But seeing that Martin's parents were forced to sue the police department just to hear the tapes, it seems as if Zimmerman isn't the only questionable component in this case.

    Thursday, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee stepped down "temporarily." On Wednesday, Sanford city commissioners had voted "no confidence" in him.


    But at a town hall meeting hosted by the NAACP on Tuesday, Sanford's black residents said they lost confidence in the police long before because of the extensive history of prejudicial treatment in the area.

    Law enforcement isn't easy. In fact, it is extremely dangerous. But that in no way excuses improper procedure and lies. And given the amount of effort put forth by the Sanford chief to exonerate Zimmerman, a volunteer neighborhood watchman with a history of 911 calls that suggests paranoia, versus efforts to find out the truth, it sure feels like another case of racial profiling and police trying to cover up an impropriety. The shooter may not have been a police officer, but the story of how the police handled this case is oh-so-familiar.

    It's the same story the nation heard from blacks in Los Angeles surrounding the 1991 Rodney King beating.

    It's the same story heard from blacks in New York City surrounding the murder of Amadou Diallo, who was only carrying his wallet when he was shot 41 times by four plainclothes policemen in 1999.

    That same story was heard in New Orleans, where black men were shot and killed for sport by police officers off the Danziger Bridge in 2005. The police department covered it up for two years before any arrests were made. Charges were even initially dismissed by the district judge before the Justice Department got involved and finally, last summer, officers were convicted.

    And people wonder where the impetus behind NWA's "___ the Police" came from. I'll tell you where it came from. It came from knowing there are far more stories like Trayvon Martin's that the world never hears about. In fact, we almost didn't hear about this one. The nation heard the 911 tapes from last month's tragic shooting at Chardon High School in Ohio within 24 hours of the incident. Martin's parents had to file a lawsuit before they could hear the ones in this case.

    Why?

    If the police department had done everything it was supposed to do, if it was truly "PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time" as the letter released by the city manager states, then why hold back until there is national media attention?

    The letter said the department was still investigating the case and didn't want to compromise it, but the authorities never brought Zimmerman in for questioning. They still haven't. They tested Martin's body for drugs and alcohol, but not Zimmerman's. The only person with a weapon was Zimmerman. Martin was unarmed.

    Just like the victims in New Orleans, Diallo, King. ...

    In 2010, the family of Sean Bell was awarded $7 million by the city of New York after five police officers sprayed his car with more than 50 bullets, killing him. He was unarmed and to be married the next day.

    "No amount of money can provide closure, no amount of money can make up for the pain," his fiancee, Nicole Paultre Bell, said after the ruling. "We'll just try to learn how to live with it and move on."

    Those are words members of the black community have to say to each other far too many times when it comes to treatment by the police.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 03-24-2012 at 19:45.

    By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

  30. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
  31. #100
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    107,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    To be frank, one shouldn't care what skin color they are. Ideally.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.