Latest PSU headlines:

Soldier 95B

Fable: The Journey Preview: Molyneux's Final Folly

The full preview is at the link. I have just pasted the conclusion here due to the length of the article.

It's one of the better uses of Kinect to date, the fast-paced action being served by what seems to be an improved understanding of the technology than that seen in the first generation of titles. There is, somewhat predictably, another whimsical twist."Why can't we use your voice as well?" he asks. "A lot of people use your voice in that they get you to say sentences, or they get you to speak to people. I worry about that - even with things like Siri, I think it's a bit of a problem.

"We're doing something different - when I play games, sometimes I talk to the screen. Sometimes I complain or I moan, or I come up against someone that's particularly hard and I say 'would you just die'. And I want to use that in our magic system.

"With your right hand, if you use a lot of emotion in your voice it'll double the power of the spell in your right hand, and it will continue you to double the emotion as you keep on talking. If you keep on using all of your might and force it'll get thermonuclear. If you speak with sarcasm, then the magic in your left hand will become longer and become more fluid. If you shout, they'll become spiky and less fluid."

A fanciful promise - and one that's glimpsed only fleetingly in the demo. But it's still proof that Fable, a series that was founded on ambition, will continue to be informed by it. Molyneux's departure likely won't impact the output of a talented studio that's often been overshadowed by its former head, but the promises that the Fable games have been built on will likely never be delivered with such conviction, or such charm.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...xs-final-folly

I wasn't sure of the direction of this game. But after reading this preview, it is FAR more in depth that I had anticipated. I will be getting this game day one for sure now. If you get the time, click the link above and read the entire preview. Some excellent details and history behind the game. The bold is my emphasis...but wow.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 03-20-2012 at 16:22.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It annoys me that MS turned the Fable series into a Kinect only game. At least make the controller an option. Oh well.

Soldier 95B
    I didn't realize they dumped Fable 4. Last I heard they were working on that as well. When did F4 get nixed?

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Not much of a Fable fan but the way it uses Kinect sounds cool.

I didn't realize they dumped Fable 4. Last I heard they were working on that as well. When did F4 get nixed?

I don't think Fable 4 was ever announced.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I haven't heard anything about any Fable 4. And even if its so how do you know that wont be a Kinect game as well? EDIT- Nevermind I found it. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...iving-in-2013/
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-20-2012 at 16:30.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Not much of a Fable fan but the way it uses Kinect sounds cool.

I don't think Fable 4 was ever announced.
    Not officially by MS, no.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I haven't heard anything about any Fable 4. And even if its so how do you know that wont be a Kinect game as well?
    How do you know it IS a Kinect game. You said they no longer do controllers. Do you have anything to back that up?

This is where I got my info:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ease-date-2013

That's according to US Official Xbox Magazine, which published the news in its rumours section (spotted by CVG)."Look for the Fable cycle to continue with a proper, controller-based Fable 4 in 2013," the publication promised.

OXM also suggested Duke Nukem Forever developer Gearbox is working on Duke Begins, a reboot to go into production once "Aliens: Colonial Marines is done". It will run "at 30fps but with graphics that put id's own Rage to shame".

Microsoft-owned Lionhead took four years to turn around a sequel to the original Xbox's Fable, while the gap between Fable 2 and 3 was just two years.
    A 2013 launch for Fable 4 allows time for the studio to squeeze out Kinect-enhanced Fable: The Journey, expected sometime next year.

Lionhead has already stated The Journey isn't Fable 4 - it's a more light-hearted, family orientated take on the fantasy series instead.
    Eurogamer has been told the next Xbox will likely debut at E3 next year. Is Microsoft lining up Fable 4 as a launch title for its new console?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I guess you missed my edit. I already found it here. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...iving-in-2013/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Not officially by MS, no.
    Well until MS announces it I'll take it with a huge grain of salt.

Soldier 95B
    Fable Heros, a new Fable title, is also controller.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I think it's obvious that Fable won't be continued in it's traditional way ( if all ) once Molynuex announced his leaving.
    On topic: This game looks fantastic,this and Steel Battalion will be Kinect Killer apps,looking forward to them both.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Fable Heros, a new Fable title, is also controller.
    You mean that kiddie looking XBLA game? No thanks. And you say also despite the fact that MS hasnt officially announced Fable 4 or confirmed that it will be controller based. I call it a rumor from a magazine for now.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-20-2012 at 16:48.

Soldier 95B
    You mean that kiddie looking XBLA game? No thanks.
    Looks great to me. Then again I have always been a Castle Crasher fanatic. But my point was that I wasnt sure where you read that they are Kinect only at Fable. That clearly isnt the case.

TapaTit

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Looks great to me. Then again I have always been a Castle Crasher fanatic. But my point was that I wasnt sure where you read that they are Kinect only at Fable. That clearly isnt the case.

TapaTit
    That game is a classic. I think Fable is still in good hands. It's possible that it could get better with Uncle Phil running things.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Looks great to me. Then again I have always been a Castle Crasher fanatic. But my point was that I wasnt sure where you read that they are Kinect only at Fable. That clearly isnt the case. TapaTit
    Looks like a kiddie arcade game to me. As for your "point" Fable Journey is confirmed to be a Kinect only title while Fable 4 and its control scheme hasnt been confirmed at all by MS. So for now that clearly is the case.

Soldier 95B
    Looks like a kiddie arcade game to me. As for your "point" Fable Journey is confirmed to be a Kinect only title while Fable 4 hasnt been confirmed at all by MS. So for now that clearly is the case.
    Nope. I just proved you wrong.

TapaTit

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nope. I just proved you wrong. TapaTit
    LMAO No you didnt. Show me official MS confirmation then.

Soldier 95B
    LMAO No you didnt. Show me official MS confirmation then.
    Exactly.

TapaTit

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Exactly. TapaTit
    Exactly what? You haven't provided any confirmation. Maybe it will maybe it wont but we can only go by what we are seeing now. But for right now you haven't proved anything. And Fable Heroes isnt even a proper Fable title.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-20-2012 at 17:10.

Soldier 95B
    Exactly what? You haven't provided any confirmation. Maybe it will maybe it wont but we can only go by what we are seeing now. And for right now you've been proven wrong. And Fable Heroes isnt even a proper Fable title.
    Your opinion is noted. Fact remains that MS is releasing a Fable game (Heroes) and it is controller based. You claimed Fable is all Kinect now because of Journey. We await confirmation from you where MS stated that. I proved you wrong.

TapaTit

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Your opinion is noted. Fact remains that MS is releasing a Fable game (Heroes) and it is controller based. You claimed Fable is all Kinect now because of Journey. We await confirmation from you where MS stated that. I proved you wrong. TapaTit
    Your opinion is noted as well. Like I said Fable Heroes isnt even a proper Fable title its an Arcade spin off with PS1 graphics so that proves nothing. And I await confirmation from you that MS has stated that Fable 4 is in development and is controller based. You have failed to provide that. So you haven't proven anything. For right now Journey is the only solid proof we have of where MS wants to take this series.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-20-2012 at 17:25.

Soldier 95B
    ROFL

TapaTit

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    ROFL TapaTit
    Yeah, thats what I thought.

Soldier 95B