Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00

A million sales pretty much guaranteed for Dragon's Dogma in Japan

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dr..._in_japan.html

Outside of Japan is a different story, says Hideaki Itsuno.
    Dragon's Dogma, Capcom's action RPG could be seen as a risk outside of Japan, but in its homeland the game is assured success, producer Hideaki Itsuno has told VideoGamer.com.

"I don't know if other Japanese developers are trying to become more global, but I know we definitely are," says Itsuno. "It's difficult, because we really want this game to sell 10 million units worldwide. We want to sell a lot, and that's just something that we think we can do. We're not positive [it will be a success]. Of course it's a risk, but that's what we want - a challenge.
    "But in Japan, we can absolutely sell a million units. We know that's attainable, it's absolutely do-able. We have a kind of assurance that that will happen, but for worldwide that's not so much the case, and I think that's why a lot of Japanese developers are hesitant about going global. It's because they don't have that assurance that it'll be successful."
    Sales aside, Itsuno says working on Dragon's Dogma is a dream come true.
    "When I was a child I always had this dream of making a realistic fantasy open world game, and now I'm able to make that dream a reality," he says. "It's a first for Capcom, so we really hope that it's received well. We're doing our best to make it a great game."
    Dragon's Dogma will be released on May 25 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I saw a trailer for this game and I will definitely avoid this title

Selected Members Council
    It's kind of hard to tell how this game will end up performing. I think some of the technical aspects are cool, like being able to climb large enemies instead of just hacking away at their shins. I also like the idea that all of the NPCs have different things to do based on the time of day.

On the other hand, (and this is based on various trailers I've seen of the game over the past couple months) I just don't find the story compelling or the visuals appealing. So I'll wait to read the reviews on this one.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-20-2012 at 20:46.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Guru
    It seems like Demon's Souls but with a party system and a climbing system. Interesting to say the least, but it can be a little misguided.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I don't know. It doesn't look as appealing as I had hoped. I will most likely rent it to see it for myself.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    It doesn't matter who developed it or how well they plan to sell it. If the game turns out crap it's not going to sell.
    I have a pre order down, by I DO have my doubts. We will wait and see I suppose

Via Tapatalk

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I've always been pretty intrigued by this game ever since it was announced, and relish at the chance to write about it for PSU. Colour me interested for sure, but then again, anything fantasy-related is always on my radar.

As for one million sales in Japan, well, it'll be interested to see how a western-influenced RPG does there. Capcom seem pretty confident though, so let's hope it's not misplaced.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i saw capcom and i got sad. it looks promising

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information