Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: PSvita issues!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, there have been a lot of posts on the official forums, as well as other forums, of features that randomly stop working, error codes popping up randomly, screen issues, lazy left analog problems (where it appears stuck in one direction), notification problems, sleep mode problems, game database problems. I've replied in threads on every issue I've listed.
    Sony needs to get on that. They dont need bad publicity from this dragging down Vita sales anymore than they already are.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Yeah, there have been a lot of posts on the official forums, as well as other forums, of features that randomly stop working, error codes popping up randomly, screen issues, lazy left analog problems (where it appears stuck in one direction), notification problems, sleep mode problems, game database problems. I've replied in threads on every issue I've listed.
    Now, my resetting issue seems insignificant!!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Hmmm . . . I might need to wait a little longer to get a PS Vita. I was making plans to get one around June or July, but now I'm thinking wait til they get these problems under control. It sounds like the PS Vita may have been rushed out the gate, with all these problems in Japan and now Europe and NA.

So if I wait til they do another bundle, will it be the same unit out now with problems? I'm not talking about Vita Slim, I'm saying will it be the latest model or whatever? I know this question is confusing, but I am unsure how it works. Right now on ebay, they say "latest model" in listings, but what I'm saying is if they release another bundle, will that be the latest model? Hope it makes sense.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    First, i think most of the software problems can be fixed via software update, no one knows when all the issues will be addressed though, but hopefully with the next update that is coming out in April.

Secondly, i don't think they'll have any hardware revision for the Vita anytime soon. Maybe, late 2013 and not before. And as i said all the problems are related to Software, well at least most of them are as far as i know.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    First, i think most of the software problems can be fixed via software update, no one knows when all the issues will be addressed though, but hopefully with the next update that is coming out in April.

Secondly, i don't think they'll have any hardware revision for the Vita anytime soon. Maybe, late 2013 and not before. And as i said all the problems are related to Software, well at least most of them are as far as i know.
    I agree. Seems like almost all the problems are software related, so hopefully they can iron out the bugs via updates. I personally haven't had very many issues at all. I few freezes here and there, but nothing that has diminished my enjoyment out of the machine. Its freakin' awesome.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Hmmm . . . I might need to wait a little longer to get a PS Vita. I was making plans to get one around June or July, but now I'm thinking wait til they get these problems under control. It sounds like the PS Vita may have been rushed out the gate, with all these problems in Japan and now Europe and NA.

So if I wait til they do another bundle, will it be the same unit out now with problems? I'm not talking about Vita Slim, I'm saying will it be the latest model or whatever? I know this question is confusing, but I am unsure how it works. Right now on ebay, they say "latest model" in listings, but what I'm saying is if they release another bundle, will that be the latest model? Hope it makes sense.
    Just get it. It's normal for any new hardware to have hiccups. Thankfully - the problems the Vita can and probably will be fixed with firmware updates. The physical hardware itself is close to perfection

And as you can probably read from this thread alone, only a couple of people have run into issues

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Just don't go into a vita centric site lol. Very few people here have vitas, or just aren't posting about it....

Apprentice
    Speaking about issues, how many of you have annoying vertical lines on the OLED? The easiest way to notice them is on the gray or blue screens (especially on Netflix gray loading screen – just before movie thumbnails are loaded).
    I would like to exchange my vita but apparently almost all ps vita consoles have those lines(more or less visible).

Apprentice
    double post
    Last edited by !SG!; 03-22-2012 at 06:25. Reason: double post

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Can't see any lines on my screen
    Get a replacement.

sounds like hardware issue. have it replaced asap!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by !SG! View Post
    Speaking about issues, how many of you have annoying vertical lines on the OLED? The easiest way to notice them is on the gray or blue screens (especially on Netflix gray loading screen – just before movie thumbnails are loaded).
    I would like to exchange my vita but apparently almost all ps vita consoles have those lines(more or less visible).
    If they are subtle lines on grey that look like brushed aluminum, then it's normal.. everyone has it. If it's actual black lines that run the length of the screen, that is not normal.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Something new that comes out always has issues.

Apprentice
    If they are subtle lines on grey that look like brushed aluminum, then it's normal.. everyone has it. If it's actual black lines that run the length of the screen, that is not normal.
    yes, it is just as you explained it, the lines that give grey and brown colors that scratched look(gray does look like brushed aluminum).
    apparently there are people who exchanged their console until they got one without it.
    being that some of them did this 3 to 7 times in order to get good ps vita, I am not sure if I could be bothered to do exchange.

Soldier 95B
    I have been reading about this BLOD on other sites, but it surely can be addressed with a firmware update.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    The BLOD (Black line of death?) is actually common on all OLEDs not just the Vita, OLEDs have always have this problem and is not a concern, I have it not only on just my Vita but also I've seen it on many a mobile phone and other devices. Sometimes instead of a line it's a blotch.

Elite Guru
    Yeah the blotches are much more common. Not sure about the lines. I've been quite lucky in this regard though; my Galaxy SII has minor blotches around the edge of the screen on just one side, only ever seen them twice since I got the phone 4 months ago. My Vita has a sprinkle of blotches on the right corner and unfortunately a few toward the middle, but it's extremely hard to tell its there

Just a set back of having such an aweseme display, I suppose. It's a good trade off though, as you never notice them unless you play in darkness with a dark background on the screen

@ !SG! - I tried looking for the brushed alluminium effect by holding down the PS button and going to that quick menu. My grey doesn't have that brushed effect so I think my one's okay

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    The BLOD (Black line of death?) is actually common on all OLEDs not just the Vita, OLEDs have always have this problem and is not a concern, I have it not only on just my Vita but also I've seen it on many a mobile phone and other devices. Sometimes instead of a line it's a blotch.
    I think he meant "blinking light of death" which is different issue.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by !SG! View Post
    I think he meant "blinking light of death" which is different issue.
    I was talking about the blue light of death. But there are fixes on youtube already.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah the blotches are much more common. Not sure about the lines. I've been quite lucky in this regard though; my Galaxy SII has minor blotches around the edge of the screen on just one side, only ever seen them twice since I got the phone 4 months ago. My Vita has a sprinkle of blotches on the right corner and unfortunately a few toward the middle, but it's extremely hard to tell its there

Just a set back of having such an aweseme display, I suppose. It's a good trade off though, as you never notice them unless you play in darkness with a dark background on the screen

@ !SG! - I tried looking for the brushed alluminium effect by holding down the PS button and going to that quick menu. My grey doesn't have that brushed effect so I think my one's okay
    yes, I heard about those blotches but I did not notice them yet and I am definitely not going to look for them. I am annoyed enough by those vertical lines.

it is good that you do not have those lines which means that there are vitas without them. here is the picture of vertical lines on the brown background that somebody posted:

http://playstationeu.i.lithium.com/t...v=mpbl-1&px=-1
    Last edited by !SG!; 03-22-2012 at 15:44.

Apprentice
    Never had a single problem, neither on PS3 (until my 60GB broke down, but that's another story), PSP or Vita. Guess I'm lucky.

mines been great except when I play at night and the anytime theres a black screen some of the pixels are stuck. During gameplay and everything else its just fine. I looked into it a bit and heard its a problem with oled screens, you guys think I should get a new one or does this happen to any of you?

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Elite Guru
    Dead pixels are dead pixels, they annoy the $#@! out of me. I've been through two Vita's and have had no stuck pixels, my brother's got one in the corner but he doesn't care and my other bro has none

The issue you're referring to that is a problem OLED screens is that blotchyness that you can only see in the dark with a dark coloured image on the screen. Honestly, if it's REALLY bad then maybe you can look at getting it replaced, but otherwise if it's not that bad just keep it because you may get another Vita which has worse blotches

yeah its the blotches.. man when they show up it looks sooooo ugly but I've learned to live with it.

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    It's an OLED thing, those blotches/lines you get on very dark images (I generally find it only happens when the screen offloads and onloads - typically during loading sequences) is just one of those things and you could go through a million Vitas and still have the same problems. The technology will improve over time but with the colour of the screen, WOW!

Thread Information