Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. #1
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

    Mass Effect 3: New Ending Incoming

    New content will provide more closure.

    Earlier this month, BioWare responded to Mass Effect 3's "polarizing" ending and later confirmed that it was considering making changes. Now, BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka has confirmed that new content is in the works to provide additional closure.

    In a post on the company's official site, Muzyka said that the team has been carefully following the reactions of fans and has made the decision to respond.

    "I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds," Muzyka wrote, "and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3's endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game."

    "Since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few," he added. "The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I'm honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback."

    "Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey," Muzyka continued. "You'll hear more on this in April. We're working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we've received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

    He added that "the reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we're planning to directly address it."

    Finally, Muzyka addressed the nature of recent fan responses, commenting that "some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary."

    Muzyka concluded by reminding fans that BioWare is listening, and that fans should "trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback."
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html

    Saving ME3 for the summer drought. But I'm soooo intrigued on what the fuss is all about!

  2. #2
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    8,897 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You are like me (saving ME3 for the Summer). The negative comments I hear towards the ending make me want to play the game even more to experience it for myself.

    8 years and counting!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's good that they're doing this. Though I won't hold my breath till it's out...



    It's one of those things you won't really get unless you are truly invested into the series (i.e. books, comics, and more importatl; the previous games).

    They're not necessary to enjoy, but the let-down comes from the fact you are promised (and this is REINFORCED and ENCOURAGED by BioWare themselves) that the series and its conclusion will reflect and be a cumulation of your actions and choices throughout the games.

    I can see why someone relatively new to the series, or as less passionate might not see what the fuss is about. But if you know any of the canon, or have played the previous games, then it's hard not to think otherwise.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  4. #4
    Elite Member
    gangsta_795's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Age
    17
    Posts
    1,911
    Rep Power
    33
    Points
    1,642 (0 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    I don't like this. Gamers shouldn't be pampered and their every wish catered to.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!


  5. Likes Nitey likes this post
  6. #5
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It's good that they're doing this. Though I won't hold my breath till it's out... It's one of those things you won't really get unless you are truly invested into the series (i.e. books, comics, and more importatl; the previous games). They're not necessary to enjoy, but the let-down comes from the fact you are promised (and this is REINFORCED and ENCOURAGED by BioWare themselves) that the series and its conclusion will reflect and be a cumulation of your actions and choices throughout the games. I can see why someone relatively new to the series, or as less passionate might not see what the fuss is about. But if you know any of the canon, or have played the previous games, then it's hard not to think otherwise.
    Nice sweeping generalization there. I'm a big fan of the series and I still dont see what the fuss is about. I will however check out the new ending. Being the end of the trilogy I wasn't really expecting my choices to affect the ending the way it did in the last two. But I do understand your point completely.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-21-2012 at 20:14.

  7. #6
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,896
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    68,980 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    the let-down comes from the fact you are promised (and this is REINFORCED and ENCOURAGED by BioWare themselves) that the series and its conclusion will reflect and be a cumulation of your actions and choices throughout the games.
    Bingo.

    Anyway, it would be funny if they charge for the DLC ending content. I don't know if people will want to reward BioWare for $#@!ing up in the first place. They better keep the price low at least.

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Bingo.

    Anyway, it would be funny if they charge for the DLC ending content. I don't know if people will want to reward BioWare for $#@!ing up in the first place. They better keep the price low at least.
    tbh, they f'd it up that bad that I'm even willing to pay for it.


    I see many fans that way too. (sorry rad, except you maybe )


    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Nice sweeping generalization there. I'm a big fan of the series and I still dont see what the fuss is about. I will however check out the new ending. Being the end of the trilogy I wasn't really expecting my choices to affect the ending the way it did in the last two. But I do understand your point completely.
    Hey, it is what it is.




    Of course I didn't mean everyone, but the excpetion(you and 3 other people maybe ) simply proves the rule.


    And please try not to add any 'snarkiness' with that "nice generalisation" $#@!e. It really takes away from the discussion. Could've used without it really... No one's insulting anyone, so need for the upptiyness!

    Basically, just take it easy mate.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  9. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    tbh, they f'd it up that bad that I'm even willing to pay for it. I see many fans that way too. (sorry rad, except you maybe ) Hey, it is what it is. Of course I didn't mean everyone, but the excpetion(you and 3 other people maybe ) simply proves the rule. And please try not to add any 'snarkiness' with that "nice generalisation" $#@!e. It really takes away from the discussion. Could've used without it really... No one's insulting anyone, so need for the upptiyness! Basically, just take it easy mate.
    Sounds like youre the one that needs to chill. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean that theyre not dedicated to the series. Talk about the "uppityness." Irony at its finest. Basically, practice what you preach mate.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Sounds like youre the one that needs to chill. Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean that theyre not dedicated to the series. Talk about the "uppityness." Irony at its finest. Basically, practice what you preach mate.
    Jesus where did that come from?

    Sorry, I understand that it's text and a lot is lost in translation.

    Nevermind, if you want an argument, you can do it solo. I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, so all that is one sided.

    I'm not one for internet arguments anymore, so I'm willing to let it stand as a misunderstanding/miscommunication. If however you don't get it, then I want no part of whatever argument is in your head.

    I mean that with no sarcasm/strings attached at all. I just don't undertand where the hostility is coming from.

    Seriously.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  11. #10
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Jesus where did that come from? Sorry, I understand that it's text and a lot is lost in translation. Nevermind, if you want an argument, you can do it solo. I wasn't accusing anyone of anything, so all that is one sided. I'm not one for internet arguments anymore, so I'm willing to let it stand as a misunderstanding/miscommunication. If however you don't get it, then I want no part of whatever argument is in your head. I mean that with no sarcasm/strings attached at all. I just don't undertand where the hostility is coming from. Seriously.
    Obviously there is some miscommunication since your other reply sounded a bit hostile to me as well except it was a little more passive/aggressive. Anyway I dont like internet arguments either so letting it stand sounds like a good idea to me.

  12. #11
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Obviously there is some miscommunication since your other reply sounded a bit hostile to me as well except it was a little more passive/aggressive. Anyway I dont like internet arguments either so letting it stand sounds like a good idea to me.
    I can understand that.

    I tend to rib a lot in ril, but I can see how that doesn't translate so well via text.

    On topic: I can respect that you are a massive fan of the series, and still find no problem with the endings.

    I find myself towards the middle, I'd be joyous if they changed it, but will be happy the way it is, provided that they at least explain some things.

    Don't know how they would do this though. I just have a problem with exactly the way it is.

    Your thoughts?

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  13. #12
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,361
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,293 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pointless. I really liked the ending.

    Seriously, it is a damn video game. People will get over it.

  14. #13
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I can understand that. I tend to rib a lot in ril, but I can see how that doesn't translate so well via text. On topic: I can respect that you are a massive fan of the series, and still find no problem with the endings. I find myself towards the middle, I'd be joyous if they changed it, but will be happy the way it is, provided that they at least explain some things. Don't know how they would do this though. I just have a problem with exactly the way it is. Your thoughts?
    I'm actually pretty neutral about the ending. But I fully understand your reason for not liking the ending. When I say neutral I mean that it could have been better but I'm not really bothered about it. Mostly because this was the ending of Shephards story anyway.

  15. #14
    Apprentice
    Scrubs42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Age
    22
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    50
    Points
    16,224 (0 Banked)
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    The bigger issue really is "is content being cut from the original game for DLC?"

    DLC which is very pricey (upon already having paid 35-40 on a game) and can only be bought from the PSN/XBL store. In which this content never decreases in price.

    I made the mistake of buying Dragon Age: Origins before the "ultimate pack" came out, and found out I would have to pay upwards of 30 to get "extra" content for the game, in which seemed to be already included in the game, ie going to start a quest and it saying "buy x dlc to start quest."

    I am still waiting for the price of DLC on the PSN Store to cut, which I know will never happen :/
    Last edited by Scrubs42; 03-21-2012 at 22:07.


    Current Signature Too Tall for Size Limits

    60 Gig Sony Playstation 3 |Sony Bravia 52" LCD | 5.1 SS

  16. #15
    Super Elite
    Minnzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,616 (0 Banked)
    Makes me wonder if they'll adopt the fan made indoctrination ending
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

  17. #16
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm actually pretty neutral about the ending. But I fully understand your reason for not liking the ending. When I say neutral I mean that it could have been better but I'm not really bothered about it. Mostly because this was the ending of Shephards story anyway.
    Yeah, I'm clsoer to neutral; but would welcome a change.

    TBH, I'd be happy with an FAQ by Bioware re: ending.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs42 View Post
    The bigger issue really is "is content being cut from the original game for DLC?"
    I think they can just tact on it towards the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    Makes me wonder if they'll adopt the fan made indoctrination ending
    If they were to add/change, then this is their best out imo.

    There are heaps of clues in-game already that lends to this.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  18. #17
    Super Elite
    Minnzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,270
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,616 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    If they were to add/change, then this is their best out imo.

    There are heaps of clues in-game already that lends to this.
    I'd be more inclined to call them holes instead of clues but I do agree, fans have created the story to fill the holes already so all Bioware would have to do is make it official and polish it a bit

    But in all honesty the indoctrination idea in itself takes away (At least partially) from it all. I'd explain what I mean later though after I take my gf to Tafe
    Last edited by Minnzy; 03-21-2012 at 22:15.
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

  19. #18
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    I'd be more inclined to call them holes instead of clues but I do agree, fans have created the story to fill the holes already so all Bioware would have to do is make it official and polish it a bit
    Yep.

    Either way it's there for Bioware to capitalise on. The fact that those holes exist should be even more reason for them to change/add to the ending or at least address them via FAQ or whatever.

    They've pretty much started the work for them, Bioware just needs to finish it.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  20. #19
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,896
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    68,980 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Pointless. I really liked the ending.

    Seriously, it is a damn video game. People will get over it.


    Let me reiterate though that I loved the game overall. But the ending makes me less interested in playing it again.

  21. Likes Admartian likes this post
  22. #20
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post


    Let me reiterate though that I loved the game overall. But the ending makes me less interested in playing it again.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  23. #21
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Let me reiterate though that I loved the game overall. But the ending makes me less interested in playing it again.
    I can understand that. Theres no epic moral decision to make at the end or during the game that will change the end.

  24. #22
    Dedicated Member
    bigCman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    45
    Points
    13,134 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I don't like this. Gamers shouldn't be pampered and their every wish catered to.
    *Complains about new content*

    This was eventually going to happen, that or a mob of rabid fans raging in the streets. Personally I'm glad they're doing this. The ending lacked closure, variety, and any real choice. It had plenty of plotholes though...

    The problem is that none of your choices really mean $#@!. As long as you have a decent readiness and earth doesn't explode, every ending is basically the same.

    SPOILERS

    Here is generally why people were dissapointed in the ending:
    Last edited by bigCman123; 03-21-2012 at 23:18.

  25. #23
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After reading a few more pieces from different sites regarding Dr. Ray Muzyka's post; I'm getting differing takes on it. For example, some are saying it's a complete change; some are saynig they're just tacking on something to explain the current ending (read: no change but content for explanation of the ending).

    Depends on where you read it I suppose.

    Change or no change; at least I'm glad they're going to address or explain the ending.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  26. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
  27. #24
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Congratulations on opening a new portal for game developers to squeeze more money out of you, gamers!
    The ending wasn't that bad, get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  28. #25
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Congratulations on opening a new portal for game developers to squeeze more money out of you, gamers!
    The ending wasn't that bad, get over it.
    *Tens of thousands of gamers see this post - then get over it*


    Is that what you wanted?

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.