View Poll Results: Do you hate MGS's Raiden?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hate him, his girly self!

7 28.00%
  • No, I don't hate him, his sexy self!

18 72.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think you get what I'm saying. It's true that he's whiny, feminine with his pretty boy looks and all that - but Hideo Kojima did that for a reason. What would be the point in creating a new Metal Gear Solid lead character to try and broaden your audience if he looked and/or acted similar to Solid Snake? Besides, it also makes Solid Snake more appealing as a character since Raiden was a newcomer within FOXHOUND and Solid Snake the seasoned veteran.

If anything, you should blame Hideo Kojima for teasing his audience into thinking that you would play as Solid Snake in the sequel. I didn't follow all of the trailers and interviews back then though so maybe I'm just more forgiving than others. And although some women might still think he's hot, I doubt Raiden was meant to turn into this brooding, cryptic badass since he was originally conceived to appeal more to a female audience.

Revengeance is just pointless. There's no need for it. Raiden served his purpose at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 by finally reuniting with his family. Why make a sequel other than to exploit his new badass image? :/
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-22-2012 at 02:39.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    A guy can think another guy is sexy without being attracted to him. It's just like another woman may think another woman pretty without being attracted to her. But I think I understand, guys may not express it like that.
    Would girls find him attractive? Yeah. Do I find him sexy? No. I do think he is pretty badass at times and a good character though. In MGS2 he was purposefully the "New Guy", maybe to cater towards people who never played an MGS game before.

My main problem with him in MGS2 was that it seemed they deliberately feminized him a certain moments. There are a few times when he would strike girly poses (hand on one hip is a good example...), having the president mistake him for a woman, giving him a really tight suit and womanly hips... I mean was that really needed (Although the president mistaking him for a woman was hilarious, and I know it's just Japanese humor).

I like Raiden though, it's too bad that MGR isn't set between MGS2 and 4. I think seeing his transformation would be really cool from a character stand point.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 03-22-2012 at 03:22.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    he didn't have to bring anyone new in. just a situation and new enemies like everything else. there's already a billion characters in the series. and almost all of them are badass. i will blame kojima. everyone think's he's god. he's a nerd which isn't a bad thing necessarily but there's only so many robots and silly ninjas you can throw into a First blood inspired series. and don't get me started on nanomachines lol. everything else IMO was GREAT. now it is time to make something new which i don't think he can do

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    He's $#@! made. I don't like $#@! made people. Don't be a $#@! made person.

But to answer in shorter terms, I don't hate him per se, I just know Big Boss will crown his ass.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Sage
    I liked the original one. I despise MGS4 one.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

PSN ID
    littlegoldfish66
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    He was never meant to be another Solid Snake though. In one of the Metal Gear Saga volumes, Hideo Kojima said that he wanted to have a main character that appealed more to female gamers.
    As a female gamer I can say he never done it for me. Now Snake on the other hand, mmmmmm.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I don't hate him but the only character i wanna be playing in a MGS game is Snake. Raiden should really have a different series. Raidens Fabulous Adventures.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Im a big MGS fan... have em all, love em all... and absolutely cant wait for Rising... Ninja Raiden is so effing badass
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

9. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Veteran
    Never disliked Raiden. He bugged me a little in MGS2, but I could understand why he behaved the way he did.

Granted, I haven't played him in MGS4 where I'm told he's more annoying, so ehh...

Quote Originally Posted by littlegoldfish666 View Post
    As a female gamer I can say he never done it for me. Now Snake on the other hand, mmmmmm.
    ^Yeah, every female MGS fan I know has a ridiculous attraction to Snake (if not him, Otacon).

Kojima probably didn't have to make Raiden in the first place. lol
    Last edited by Bio; 03-25-2012 at 06:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I wasn't too fond of him in MGS 2 I kept wishing he'd tell Rose to $#@! off he was kool in MGS 4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I didnt hate Raiden, but i didnt love him either. I didnt vote, because my choice wasnt an option. I thought it was a nice change of pace, playing as a complete outside character, but in MGS2 he was too whiney and did in fact act like a 15 year old girl at points, whereas in MGS4, he was very badass, which is how i think they shouldve developed him as a bit more so in MGS2. He was a little too much Wussy anime boy in MGS2 for my taste. I really think they shouldve shown more badassness in his first game instead of all the whining and complaining he did.

Tacos Rule!

Master Guru

MGS = Snake.

Dont hate Raiden, but i prefer Snake. I also loved MGS2.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Never disliked Raiden. He bugged me a little in MGS2, but I could understand why he behaved the way he did.

Granted, I haven't played him in MGS4 where I'm told he's more annoying, so ehh...

^Yeah, every female MGS fan I know has a ridiculous attraction to Snake (if not him, Otacon).

Kojima probably didn't have to make Raiden in the first place. lol

id of loved if otacon was playable in 2 instead of Raiden would of made it a complete different game, as they could make hacking computers e.t.c as part of the story.

Thank you itachi

Thread Information