Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    That's some pretty heavy stuff but tbh I don't see AM4 coming anytime soon. And not to sound close minded or something, but unless AM4 is a HUGE upgrade over AM3+ (which, btw is $#@!ty for gaming), don't see why you would want AMD.
    Hmm... What?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Hmm... What?
    Bulldozers
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Bulldozer=/= AM3+. One is a CPU and the other is a motherboard!!

Please don't talk about something you haven't tried.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Intel is too expensive for what it offers.
    Ever since the release of Sandy Bridge processors, its AMD that has had overpriced processors. A 2500K will beat out just about every AMD processor and match AMD's top dog FX8150. 220USD (2550K) vs 270USD (FX8150). And if you overclock them then the 2500K will clearly be the better choice.

AMD's latest offerings have been nothing but a disaster. Previously they played the price: performace card very well but they can't do that anymore.
    PS3 80GB NTSCJ
    Sony KLV-37U300A 37"

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Bulldozer=/= AM3+. One is a CPU and the other is a motherboard!!

Please don't talk about something you haven't tried.
    I meant the processors using the AM3+ socket. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Lol! You first Said AM3+ and you didn't even mention Bulldozer!! It actually takes a genius to figure you meant Bulldozer by saying AM3+

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    AM3+ is a modification of the AM3 Socket designed for CPUs which use the new Bulldozer microarchitecture and retains compatibility with AM3 processors.
    Bulldozers are the only CPUs using AM3+

EDIT - Chuck it.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Lol! Quite the miss-information you got there!! I have an AM3+ board and i don't have Bulldozer on it, how Weird!!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    That's because AM3+ boards are backward compatible...
    Last edited by gangsta_795; 04-10-2012 at 11:47.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    That's some pretty heavy stuff but tbh I don't see AM4 coming anytime soon. And not to sound close minded or something, but unless AM4 is a HUGE upgrade over AM3+ (which, btw is $#@!ty for gaming), don't see why you would want AMD.
    Bulldozers
    I meant the processors using the AM3+ socket. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
    Bulldozers are the only CPUs using AM3+

EDIT - Chuck it.
    That's because AM3+ boards are backward compatible...
    Ok.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    What are you even trying to prove by this?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Let me explain to you real slow so you can understand.

1st: you said AM3+ is $#@!ty for gaming. I asked why you said Bulldozers! AM3+ is just a motherboard.
    2nd: Bulldozers are the only CPUs that use AM3+. I said i have an AM3+ and no Bulldozer on it! than you said that's because they are Backward compatible when you just recently said they are only for Bulldozers!!

Do you understand how you contradict yourself with each post you make? if not, then i rest my case.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Let me explain to you real slow so you can understand.

1st: you said AM3+ is $#@!ty for gaming. I asked why you said Bulldozers! AM3+ is just a motherboard.
    AM3+ is not a motherboard. It's a socket type that is used for CPUs AND motherboards.

2nd: Bulldozers are the only CPUs that use AM3+. I said i have an AM3+ and no Bulldozer on it! than you said that's because they are Backward compatible when you just recently said they are only for Bulldozers!!

Do you understand how you contradict yourself with each post you make? if not, then i rest my case.
    Actually, when someone has a AM3+ motherboard, it's presumed that a bulldozer is being used. Forgive me for not reading your specs in you sig.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well last night I bit the bullet and:
    • 3x Samsung S23A700D ordered and waiting for pickup by courier
    • KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 EX OC 4096MB pre-ordered and waiting for release on the 18th

I hope I get it tomorrow!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    Well last night I bit the bullet and:
    • 3x Samsung S23A700D ordered and waiting for pickup by courier
    • KFA2 GeForce GTX 680 EX OC 4096MB pre-ordered and waiting for release on the 18th

I hope I get it tomorrow!
    Those are the 3D LEDs right? 3 of them?!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Yup 3 of them, time for some sweet 3D lovin' as well as 120Hz gameplay. Also not forgetting 3 monitors for 3ds Max, web development and UDK. ^_^

17. Likes TheBreezyBB , gangsta_795 likes this post
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yup 3 of them, time for some sweet 3D lovin' as well as 120Hz gameplay. Also not forgetting 3 monitors for 3ds Max, web development and UDK. ^_^

I bet that is looking very sweet. Overclockers are pretty good with delivery times so you should have it soon if you haven't already. Needless to say, i am jealous!

They're taking their sweet ass time about bringing in some more 680's
    Debating between the Gainward Phantom or the EVGA FTW. It all depends what the speeds are of the EVGA card really, it still says TBA. I could though get a 4GB KFA2 card for an extra 50 as well.

Too many choices!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Awesome.

Since the 7970 got a nice price cut from AMD ($479) I'll be getting one very soon instead of GTX680 ( can't be found anywhere ) and prices right now are extreme!!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've never liked AMD (ATI) GFX card drivers, and their features have never suited me which is why I'll always be stuck with Nvidia (CUDA and PhysX), plus their drivers just work.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    They're taking their sweet ass time about bringing in some more 680's
    Debating between the Gainward Phantom or the EVGA FTW. It all depends what the speeds are of the EVGA card really, it still says TBA. I could though get a 4GB KFA2 card for an extra 50 as well.

Too many choices!
    Well if you're going for the Gainward then just spend an extra 20 and get the KFA2 (which is what I'm getting), spending 500 on a 2GB card if pointless when a Palit is the same price with 4GB - on the other hand though I wouldn't ever go with that brand . Gainward is probably the best brand ever but goodness me are they expensive!

As for delivery, still hasn't been despatched so I guess it'll be when the card is either 1 or 2 days before release or on the release date, which is Wednesday... oooooooo nice!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I'm not fan of any Brand, i just get what's in my budget :P

Forum Sage

Did you get another GPU as well?

I'm in two minds, the KFA card does make more sense but i don't think my computer will use all the 4GB as for the time being i'm only running 1920x1080 so the rest of the 2GB may be redundant. As soon as EVGA release their speeds i'll make a decision then. Do you think the 4gb card will perform much better?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    At 1920x1080 the 4GB won't be used so in this case you'll be right. It's a matter if you'll want to add more monitors or have a larger resolution at a later date. And no I'm not getting another GPU, a single GTX 680's enough money. xD

With 4GB at least you'll be future proofed by spending an extra 20 over the Gainward. There'll be zero benefits otherwise unless you're doing what I'm doing or a game rapes the VRAM like Battlefield 4, Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light. Also if you looks at the base core clocks, the KFA2 is rated 100Hz-ish higher than all the other non-stock cooled cards so that extra 20 is getting you 2GB and more speed.

I'm not fan of any Brand, i just get what's in my budget :P
    You need to be very cautious about this, while you can get some very cheap stuff, most of the time it'll be crap and would cost you more money in the long run - PSUs are a very very big example and as such is the most important part of any PC, skimp on this and you could fry your entire system.

Forum Sage

Oh yeah no doubt it'll be worth the extra money, maybe i should get it i don't know. I do plan on eventually moving to a multiscreen set up but for the time being i'm only going to be using one screen until i move my tv from the wall as it currently sits over my desk

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    @ Varsh:

I've been building PC's for almost 18 years now, and everything could crap on you no matter how much you pay for it. PSU is always over the recommended for any system i build, and overhead for Overclocking.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Good then.

And you've been building PCs since you were 9 (during the 80486 DX2 era)? Not that it was hard or anything. >_>

I still stick to the motto (don't buy cheap) because I have found (when I worked at a PC repair shop) that 90% of people that had problems was with cheap parts.

Thread Information