Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67

rumor control on GTAV POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Rumour – GTA V protagonist, release date, and map detailed

This stack of Grand Theft Auto V information purportedly originating with a disgruntled former Rockstar North employee is interesting – and hugely spurious.

The info dump was posted on the Gamespot forums; it has since been deleted, but is still available through Google’s caches.
    The poster signed up with a brand new account to post the info, and claims to be a friend of someone who “recently got sacked from RockStar North for general misconduct” and who is apparently free from non-disclosure agreements thanks to the termination of his or her contract.

According to this dubious source, Grand Theft Auto V will have only one playable character, Albert de Silva, the “rich guy” featured in the first trailer. De Silva is part of a criminal faction from Vice City, is half Hispanic, and has a son named Kevin – a “stereotypical CoD player” who is “lazy, useless and shouts racial abuse online” but does admire Albert. Albert will not die at the end of the game.

The map will be five times as large as GTA IV and divided into three parts. Los Santos is around half of the map’s total area. A variety of planes will be available to fly, and cars and weapons will be customisable.
    Multiplayer will support up to 32 players on consoles, with PC to be confirmed. Players can form gangs, which will be ranked by reputation, and can perform tasks – the examples given are robbing a laundry or stealing weapons from the military.

Finally, the source puts Grand Theft Auto V down for a May 2013 release, with at least six months of core development still to go before a more firm window can be set, and a playable demo at E3 2012.
    Hit the cache link above to read more; the poster goes into detail on Wanted levels, chases and in-game radio among other snippets.

All of this is pretty dodgy – if the source isn’t under contractual secrecy, why the anonymity? How many staffers does Rockstar fire that it won’t be able to identify the source immediately? And why the heck does Rockstar, a company noted for its insistence on keeping things under wraps, not have exit clauses on its NDAs? So pour a huge pile of salt on.

We’ll ask Rockstar for comment. No official details regarding Grand Theft Auto V’s story, features, platforms or release have been revealed.

a thanks to http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/26/rumo...-map-detailed/

in the comments one person said the user got banned from gamespot and google delted the information, so my thoughts we'll see it at e3 and possibly in may 2013 release or even at christmas would be a nice gift. hopefully a collectors edition will come out as well. the only thing that kills me is the wait lol 14 more months
    Last edited by 33x; 03-27-2012 at 08:23.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Take this news with a grain of salt? NO

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Players can form gangs, which will be ranked by reputation, and can perform tasks – the examples given are robbing a laundry or stealing weapons from the military.
    If this happened i would be so happy, i wish you can order one of your gang to drive you to places like in L.A Noir.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member
    If true this isn't good:

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

Greatness Awaits

5. Likes Fon , Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by rich15 View Post
    If true this isn't good:

11. Police cars will go after you if you're obviousely breaking the speed limit.

4 star - road traps, radio stations and much more hostile police.Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 24 in-game hours for someone matching your description.

5 star - shoot to kill, arrest only if it's made very possible. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 48 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Few missions become unavailable if you are wanted.

6 star - military vehicles come after you. Even when you have evaded them, they will still search for 72 in-game hours for someone matching your description. Some missions become unavailable if you are wanted.
    I LOVE THIS!! It's more realistic and I always wanted to get police to chase me if I'm driving like a maniac in a gta game...The fact that they still search for you means you're temporarily on their most wanted list and it's similar to Red Dead where you have a bounty on your head.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    If true this isn't good:

If this is true then I hope there's a classic mode because that is enough bullshit to make me not play the damn game at all.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    If true this isn't good:

Yeah, that's going to take most of the fun away. If this is true then their push to realism is just ridiculous.

Veteran
    Well I have to say if this is true, it does make it more interesting for me thanks for sharing.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    i just want them to keep the old wanted levels, but more realism might be cool

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Well, the brief description on the protagonist's son being a stereotypical Call of Duty player sounds just like one of the characters mentioned in the leaked character sheet (or whatever it's called) for a Rockstar title a while back.

That being said, I doubt a lot of this stuff is true. It sounds more like wishful thinking from an obsessed fan. The new wanted system sounds ridiculous. I don't question them wanting to focus on realism in certain areas but why force the player to wait another 24 to 72 minutes to lose the cops? You may as well just restart the game.

And trust me when I say that the average GTA player doesn't want to obey the speed limit in an open-world video game. If they did, they would be playing Mafia instead. I was always under the impression that unless you ran over someone or bumped into a cop car, the police really didn't give a shit in Rockstar's universe, which seemed like a running gag.
    Last edited by Black; 03-27-2012 at 08:33.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    What is a 72 hour wait supposed to be good for when i can just enter a safehouse and "sleep" a few times till the day(s) is over?
    Or i can change clothes and put a wig and shades on
    I think such a system would just spoil the fun.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Drezee1
    May as well change the name from GTA to Real Life Driving Simulator....SMH. R* killing me with this realism crap for a GTA game. Would rather play San Andreas than play GTA IV.
    Why wait later when you can do now!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    This game is looking really good, it gives off that GTA:SA vibe. I hope R* also looked towards Mafia 2 for some inspiration, as I think that game more so then other sandbox games made the world feel more alive. I also liked Mafia 2 wanted system, if your driving round like a crazy man the cops took notice of your car, if your on the street bashing people they noticed what your wearing. It felt realistic, same with escaping from the cops with that system. Kinda sounds like the path they are taking, I hope so.. Change cloths/car and the cops will take less notice off you.

Overall if the rumors are true and the trailer is anything to go by, R* is making great improvements to GTA which such games like GTA:SA/4, RDR and hopefully Mafia 2 helped formed.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    I have NO DOUBT calling this fake.

For starters a bigger maps with an increase of players allowed on multi-player on the consoles? Not possible.

It just sounds too much like the things WE actually want in GTA, making it seem too good to be true.

If true, ten i will be a very happy gamer!

Apprentice

If true this isn't good:

What about the toll booths in GTAIV? You always got a one star for running them but if you were moving it wouldn't last long. It'll be the same with cops, blast past them and they'll try to give chase but by the time they're out of the traffic and after you, you're long gone.

I like it, I've ALWAYS thought the cops were too easy to evade.

Thread Information