Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Robert Bowling Resigns From Infinity Ward

Robert Bowling has this evening resigned from Infinity Ward (and, naturally, Activision).
    “Today, I resign from my position as Creative Strategist of Call of Duty, as a lead of Infinity Ward, and as an employee of Activision,” he tweeted.
    The news comes rather unexpectedly, with Bowling, who goes by the handle fourzerotwo, is a very public figurehead for the Call of Duty brand.
    I don’t know the guy personally, but I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/03/...infinity-ward/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is he one of the last few to remain from the shenanigans a couple of years ago?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That's just unfortunate wonder how IW gonna be without him

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Is he one of the last few to remain from the shenanigans a couple of years ago?
    Yea I believe so
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 03-27-2012 at 00:03. Reason: double post

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    He seemed like a cool dude in all the videos i saw of him talking about Modern Warfare 3. I wonder what happened that made him resign.

Maybe he just wanted to move on or maybe Activision is really an unpleasant business partner.

Elite Sage

I wonder what his reasons are for

@TD - I wouldn't be surprised if it was something Activision did, is doing or plan on doing

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    The man is a first class bellend and I wish him bad luck in any future endeavours

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    What exactly does a Creative Strategist do ?! for all i know he was the one telling people that lag and matchmaking issues has been resolved after every update and things were only going from back to worse.I think COD will fall from the top in the coming couple of years.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    His job was to basically say whatever Activision wanted him to say. He was basically marketing the game through public interaction. He was a puppet for Activision, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has left to rejoin with West and Zampella at Respawn Entertainment.

A creative strategist is exactly the same thing as a community manager. Keeps the community in check, keeping them informed and acting as a punch-bag for everything that goes wrong.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    What exactly does a Creative Strategist do ?! for all i know he was the one telling people that lag and matchmaking issues has been resolved after every update and things were only going from back to worse.I think COD will fall from the top in the coming couple of years.
    Whenever he speaks he rminds me of that video "all IO do ismoke weed e'r'y day"

he will probally join his pals at Respawn

Elite Member
    IW (infinity ward) is just a name now its mean's nothing no more, i mean the kings who made COD4 & MW2 an RB with MW3 have all left the company. personally they should just get rid of the IW name. an i cant wait to see what the current makers of cod4 will make at respawn entertainment alongside EA.

That would be highly ironic! Even more ironic would be if he would join DICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Danieljay View Post
    he will probally join his pals at Respawn

PSN ID
    Netjak
    Not a big loss really..

Thread Information