Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 102
  1. #26
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,384
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    20,956 (0 Banked)
    Some reality checks here.

    This Cronk-Young guy claims to not be an Xbox fanboy (although this is always the first claim made, similar to all the inmates on death row claiming to be innocent). He says he only has a PS3, only has a PSN id, no Live id.

    This article is the beginning of a new trend for the Interwebz. That is, trolling being elevated to "journalism". The real problem here is not Sony, the PS3, Microsoft, the 360 or anything that has to actually do with console video gaming. The real problem here is this idea that random postings to the Interwebz constitutes "journalism" or anybody that posts is an "author".

    The reason for trolling is pulling in sucker fish. Sucker fish bite at anything because they are stupid and unable to distinguish fake bait from their usual food of bottom muck. Most people get tired of fishing for sucker fish because they do bite at anything but other people like to catch these stupid fish to bring them up to the dock and bludgeon them to death or throw them out on the street for waiting seagulls or being driven over by cars, creating even bigger messes.

    The saddest and most repulsive social factor to come out of this generation of console video gaming is this whole sector known as "game journalism". It is almost like seeing adult tantrums in public with rage, screaming, frothing at the mouth, tears of frustration, wild flailing, becoming perfectly acceptable social behavior, because some people will stop to watch it as entertainment, some people will get caught up with the contagion and proceed on to their own adult tantrum, and others will agree with adult tantrums provide social benefit.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  2. Likes Nitey , TheBreezyBB likes this post
  3. #27
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,863
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,257 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Some reality checks here.

    This Cronk-Young guy claims to not be an Xbox fanboy (although this is always the first claim made, similar to all the inmates on death row claiming to be innocent). He says he only has a PS3, only has a PSN id, no Live id.

    This article is the beginning of a new trend for the Interwebz. That is, trolling being elevated to "journalism". The real problem here is not Sony, the PS3, Microsoft, the 360 or anything that has to actually do with console video gaming. The real problem here is this idea that random postings to the Interwebz constitutes "journalism" or anybody that posts is an "author".

    The reason for trolling is pulling in sucker fish. Sucker fish bite at anything because they are stupid and unable to distinguish fake bait from their usual food of bottom muck. Most people get tired of fishing for sucker fish because they do bite at anything but other people like to catch these stupid fish to bring them up to the dock and bludgeon them to death or throw them out on the street for waiting seagulls or being driven over by cars, creating even bigger messes.

    The saddest and most repulsive social factor to come out of this generation of console video gaming is this whole sector known as "game journalism". It is almost like seeing adult tantrums in public with rage, screaming, frothing at the mouth, tears of frustration, wild flailing, becoming perfectly acceptable social behavior, because some people will stop to watch it as entertainment, some people will get caught up with the contagion and proceed on to their own adult tantrum, and others will agree with adult tantrums provide social benefit.
    Yep been noticing that trend also.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  4. #28
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,402
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,541 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    You are not a core gamer if you only play shooters.Not to slander you are make it a derogatory term,but core gamers play a variety of genres and games.Playing one game or genre only excludes you from core gamers.It's like if you only listen to Lil Wayne,then yo are not a core Rap fan.If you only have played shooters for the past 12 years then you are really missing out on some of the greatest games ever made.I notice that you have items of Nintendo,Playstation and Dreamcast which is ironic because all of those things are known for plat formers and RPGs instead of shooters.Also the Xbox brand has always been about shooters and online which are popular in the mainstream so his point is valid.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you then. Would a non-core gamer spend thousands on a gaming desktop, and another thousand on a gaming laptop? Would a non core gamer own all the gaming platforms (bar handhelds) out there at this moment in time? Would a non core gamer own over 100 games from this generation ALONE? I'm pretty sure i don't sit within the mainstream gamers. Just because i have a genre that i know for a fact is the best genre for me, and it happens to be popular at the moment, doesn't change a thing.

    It doesn't matter what games you play - you don't have to like every genre of game to be considered a core gamer. Maybe my point wasn't put across correctly. I play most games games from The Witcher up to games like L4D2 and games like VVVVV. I do play most genre of games though my favorite is the FPS genre. The reason i have those icons are because i grown up with them but all the time whilst playing with them - i was also playing UT99. Sure i loved the hell out of my GC and Dreamcast with the platformers they have but you give me the choice between a platformer and a shooter and 9 times out of 10 i'll choose the shooter.

    So i'm sorry, his opinion that only 'core' gamers play JPRG's whilst the mainstream gamer plays FPS' is still inaccurate or further more invalid. I guess all those guys playing Socom online when the PS2 first had it were considered mainstream gamers as well right? Or all those Pro CS:S/QL players are also mainstream gamers?

    Core/Mainstream doesn't have a thing to do with what games you play or what system you play on. Sorry if this ruins you PS3 is for the hardcore thinking.
    Last edited by BBK..; 03-27-2012 at 16:22.

  5. #29
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    The real problem here is this idea that random postings to the Interwebz constitutes "journalism" or anybody that posts is an "author".
    ^ This statement is NOT an opinion. It is the $#@!ing truth.

  6. #30
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,475
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    17,813 (0 Banked)
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Some reality checks here.

    This Cronk-Young guy claims to not be an Xbox fanboy (although this is always the first claim made, similar to all the inmates on death row claiming to be innocent). He says he only has a PS3, only has a PSN id, no Live id.

    This article is the beginning of a new trend for the Interwebz. That is, trolling being elevated to "journalism". The real problem here is not Sony, the PS3, Microsoft, the 360 or anything that has to actually do with console video gaming. The real problem here is this idea that random postings to the Interwebz constitutes "journalism" or anybody that posts is an "author".

    The reason for trolling is pulling in sucker fish. Sucker fish bite at anything because they are stupid and unable to distinguish fake bait from their usual food of bottom muck. Most people get tired of fishing for sucker fish because they do bite at anything but other people like to catch these stupid fish to bring them up to the dock and bludgeon them to death or throw them out on the street for waiting seagulls or being driven over by cars, creating even bigger messes.

    The saddest and most repulsive social factor to come out of this generation of console video gaming is this whole sector known as "game journalism". It is almost like seeing adult tantrums in public with rage, screaming, frothing at the mouth, tears of frustration, wild flailing, becoming perfectly acceptable social behavior, because some people will stop to watch it as entertainment, some people will get caught up with the contagion and proceed on to their own adult tantrum, and others will agree with adult tantrums provide social benefit.
    ^This^




  7. #31
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really now? Sony doesn't need to change nothing all this stupid ass fanboy $#@!..smh

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  8. #32
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,043
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    20,296 (0 Banked)
    Tossing in $0.02 here. First, those who say that Sony shouldn't have prices the PS3 so high to begin with. I'll disagree with you. Why? It cost more to build than the 360, because of the features (BD anyone.) It's way paid to win the HiDef Disc war, for Sony this went way beyond trying to win a console war, and was worth more as a company financially as they'll have years of Royalty revenues off of this well beyond the life of the PS3. This also cost them a year to get to market. It also produced a more capable system and is what has enabled them to come back in most markets.

    The impact of this was 360 had a year up on the PS3 to market. All the older kids wanted it, they got it, there friends wanted it because they could go gaming with their friends. MS did a hell of a job pandering to this by the continuous social infrastructure build out (and good planning for this from the beginning.) This is what has given the 360 the biggest upper hand in the US with the kid/young adult market. Add to that the superior advertising in the US.

    That said, rebranding the PS3 last generation wouldn't have done anything. Rebranding it next generation won't do anything. Sony knows how to make an extremely capably platform, they've shown it time and again. They've learned their lesson on social networking needs and hopefully won't get left in the dust trying desperately (but never getting to 360 levels) to catch up. And hopefully they've realized they need to do more targeted advertizing. KB is great and all, but you need to get in the trenches with the major selling games too.

    Next gen is a whole new ball game. If there's a year separating them in release date the early bird will get the worm, IMO. This will be even worse if the social media is superior on that first one, and it won't make as great of a difference this gen if one is 25% more superior in performance than the other as how easy it is to socially interact, because that's what's becoming a dominating factor for the kids and young adults these days.

    Even if these factors aren't as important to those of my generation - Gen X (or even the generation after - Gen Y - well maybe 1st half of Gen Y) and we go on what's a better gaming system. We want to be on a game system that has the best games, and there can be a shift in focus of the exclusives by 3rd parties and this is what can kill the console in terms of sales.

    So IMHO, Rebranding - Don't even think about it (at most make it a PS Name instead of a PS Number.) Time to market - don't be late. Social interactivity - better be on par (on par and still free would be better.)



  9. Likes Fon , keefy, BBK.. likes this post
  10. #33
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,402
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,541 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good post, Taz. I agree, i think Sony re branding would do more harm than good. The term 'Playstation' is pretty much a house hold name now. I also agree that i believe the social aspects of next generation would be a very big thing to your average consumer. I wont mind paying a yearly sub for a revamped PSN service as long as it was on par or better than XBL. At this moment however, i wouldn't pay for PSN.

    I have alot of faith that the next PS will be something to shout about. Last few years Sony have been doing a lot right so it'll be interesting to see how the PS4(?) pans out

  11. #34
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,325
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,265 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yea is a good post that.

    Mine died a few months ago I did attempt resusitation which worked but only extended life for 1 month and after that it slipped away and all subsequent attempts at revival have failed.
    Gutted as well becuas eI wanted to buy the DLC for Gran Turismo 5,the Spa track.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-27-2012 at 17:57.

  12. #35
    Suicide Season
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,005
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    129,160 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I've experienced fanboys like that but I just thought that they needed to grow up, not like that guy who thinks Sony needs to start over with their consoles just because people have an obsession with this rivalry.
    Kind of reminds me of my mate who always slated the PS3 for petty reasons, then I let him play on mine and he really enjoyed it and his dad as bought one now but he still makes digs at it, I seriously don't get it lol. I just leave him to it now.

  13. #36
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    3,335 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    I agree with you,but the Playstation as a brand is far superior to the Xbox.This is just one generation and despite all of the negative points of the PS3 as you said it still sold roughly the same amount as the Xbox360.That to me shows how strong the brand is for the fact that the 360 did not dominate it the way MS intended.If MS can only have success because of Sony's mistakes,then what does that say about the Xbox brand? Then the Wii dominated both in sales anyway so the Xbox brand still has not been the leading product the way Sony and Nintendo's products have been.I am sick of the fan boy stuff too,but articles such as this one is why I and others really criticize the flaws of the Xbox.Their fans seem to have this God complex.If you want to play the Xbox and enjoy it more then do that.Why bash the PS3 if it is not as interesting to you?
    First of all let me go on record saying that the idea of shuttering team PS brand is absurd. I thing that the PS brand is great and really enjoyed the PS2 and now the PS3.

    Now, I totally disagree with your conclusion here. The Xbox brand leveled the playing field with Sony. Sony absolutely destroyed the competition last gen. That SHOULD have carried over into this gen but didn't. MS moved a lot of PS loyalists to MS, or at least took PS only owners and made them multi-console owners. MS never truly believed that it could dominant Sony, but to pull even in one gen after Sony had such a dominating lead was a feat, no matter how it was done.

    As for the "God complex" you mention, that works both ways. There are some on this very forum with that complex with respect to PS and Sony so to say that it is an Xbox fan only thing it a bit hypocritical.

    Your post reeks of the very things you claim to loathe.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk


  14. #37
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,977
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,316 (0 Banked)
    Walks into thread.

    Sees people acting like its 2007.

    Shakes head, and leaves thread.


  15. #38
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh... I don't care about brand. I just buy everything.




  16. Likes TheBreezyBB , BBK.. likes this post
  17. #39
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,254
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    31,019 (0 Banked)
    I'm disappointed PSU has given the 'article' the time of day as well as resorting to use of language such as 'fanboy'.

    You're better than that, PSU.

  18. #40
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,863
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    13,257 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    I'm disappointed PSU has given the 'article' the time of day as well as resorting to use of language such as 'fanboy'.

    You're better than that, PSU.
    After that "amazon refund me 3" article that was just some random dude on the net being posted as an article I sarted losing fate in psu.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  19. #41
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,977
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,316 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Meh... I don't care about brand. I just buy everything.
    I have this ultra rare playstation I will sell to you for the low price of $99.


  20. #42
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    I'm disappointed PSU has given the 'article' the time of day as well as resorting to use of language such as 'fanboy'.

    You're better than that, PSU.
    Obviously not.




  21. #43
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    This article is the beginning of a new trend for the Interwebz. That is, trolling being elevated to "journalism".
    Its been happening for years.
    Its N4G "jurnalism" at its finest.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  22. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Absurd. MS launched a console so poorly constructed that they had to reach back into their pocket to extend the manf warranty on the thing. They have blitzed all kinds of advertising with every Halo and Gears release. Then they pour half a billion into advertising their motion control peripheral.

    What does Sony really have to do to compete against that? After all, it's not like the gaming magazines or websites are going to bite the MS hand that feeds it and call them out. Meanwhile, Sony as a corporation, has been hemorrhaging money despite the Playstation products being profitable.

    What Sony needs to do is stay the course. The fanbase of a console that is a mere couple million units behind it in sales (bolstered by early generation units continuing to drop like fruit flies, albeit) does NOT have some kind of authority on how to dictate the market. Die-hard 360 fanboys can seriously go $#@! themselves if they think Sony should follow their direction and become anemic with unique content or bet the farm on a peripheral to keep it's head just high enough water to have a voice whatsoever.

    There. I said it.

  23. #45
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,977
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,316 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Absurd. MS launched a console so poorly constructed that they had to reach back into their pocket to extend the manf warranty on the thing. They have blitzed all kinds of advertising with every Halo and Gears release. Then they pour half a billion into advertising their motion control peripheral.

    What does Sony really have to do to compete against that? After all, it's not like the gaming magazines or websites are going to bite the MS hand that feeds it and call them out. Meanwhile, Sony as a corporation, has been hemorrhaging money despite the Playstation products being profitable.

    What Sony needs to do is stay the course. The fanbase of a console that is a mere couple million units behind it in sales (bolstered by early generation units continuing to drop like fruit flies, albeit) does NOT have some kind of authority on how to dictate the market. Die-hard 360 fanboys can seriously go $#@! themselves if they think Sony should follow their direction and become anemic with unique content or bet the farm on a peripheral to keep it's head just high enough water to have a voice whatsoever.

    There. I said it.
    Nintendo has the largest fanbase this gen, and they decided what direction the market would go.

    And, YLOD says hi.

  24. #46
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    3,335 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Nintendo has the largest fanbase this gen, and they decided what direction the market would go.

    And, YLOD says hi.
    Nintendo came out with a novel idea that sold and MS and Sony scrambled to ride that wave. Both took different routes but in the end they both attempted to capture the Wii-rage of motion control. None of the three are any good but it seems that the audience that everybody wants is the casual gamer and they are willing to do what it takes to attract that audience.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk


  25. #47
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,977
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,316 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    Nintendo came out with a novel idea that sold and MS and Sony scrambled to ride that wave. Both took different routes but in the end they both attempted to capture the Wii-rage of motion control. None of the three are any good but it seems that the audience that everybody wants is the casual gamer and they are willing to do what it takes to attract that audience.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

    Which is essentially a longer version of what I just said.

  26. #48
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    105,212 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm sorry, but equating the YLoD to RRoD is like comparing 9/11 to the Black Plague in medieval Europe.

    and yes, Nintendo did dictate a lot of where the gaming industry heads, but not all of it by the grace of the gods.

  27. Likes Ghost likes this post
  28. #49
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,977
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,316 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I'm sorry, but equating the YLoD to RRoD is like comparing 9/11 to the Black Plague in medieval Europe.

    and yes, Nintendo did dictate a lot of where the gaming industry heads, but not all of it by the grace of the gods.
    Well based on reports from this forum and others I think it's safe to say nearly every (if not all) 1st gen ps3 (BC models) are guaranteed to fail much like the 1st generation of 360's.

    As for point #2, see Dyack's post above.

  29. #50
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,117
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    3,457 (1,056,659 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Get rid of the controller microsoft and design it like the ps3 one and make it smaller, then il buy an xbox



    Thank you itachi

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.