Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    Tigers are beautiful animals. They have one at Chester Zoo (in the UK) called Martin and before you say Zoo's are cruel and animals should be in the wild he does have a really big enclosure and probably leads a happy life. Anyway, I was just going to say he is beautiful, such a majestic and powerful animal and when I saw him close up last time and he looked at me I could sense a real power.
    Hi.

A thoughtful post I'm sure many of us can appreciate. Funny thing is, mentioning because you mentioned it, is that this is our last hope for a lot of these endangered species. Controlled environments. Read; not normal, but necessary. Has saved countless species already.

As a child, I loved the zoo. I loved to watch the primates in this massive tropical styled "habitat" that was created indoors. "Brookfield Zoo," which you can Google, and maybe the pictures don't do it justice but this size seemed amazing as a younger kid. Some of the monkeys could be within 5 feet. Awesome, couldn't describe the feeling I got but this was the highlight of the Zoo trips. And they had a TON of $#@!. This place was pretty legit. The Gibbon's were something else, were something special that fascinated me for years. Sounds cheesy but I still have my old Gibbon stuffed animal from when I was young. *tear*

Seriously.

Zoo's are sort of cruel in nature, possibly thought, but actually do a lot to provide additional information and study for these animals.

It's sad to think that some animals have to be removed from their native habitat, location, to preserve them. People don't understand what things like that mean. It is not only an indication of one thing, but a complete other. Various types of monkeys, driven out of the rain forest's, their natural habitats and ecosystems destroyed. No regard, no honest reason.

Its the same as poaching. A total disregard for a defenseless, native, beautiful creature. Apparently it is nothing short of miraculous that some species have bounced back as they have. Some were so close to honestly being gone. When you have a certain species that can realistically be accounted for in the 10's, not 100's, then something is clearly wrong.

I'm also attaching a picture of a Gibbon. Or, actually, two.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

-edit-

from the zoo;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt6V2j2Cj74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGe_U...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by plustheharm; 03-31-2012 at 09:54.

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    If poachers can't value the life of other creatures why should we value the poachers life?
    So...by this reasoning. Every single person that does not value others life should be executed? Anyone that commits a crime of violence or abuse..death.

Sound about right?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Sage
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    So...by this reasoning. Every single person that does not value others life should be executed? Anyone that commits a crime of violence or abuse..death.

Sound about right?
    Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.

4. Likes Leviticus, DINAMO788 likes this post
    El Presidente
    What? I just feel strongly about it. They shoot a tiger they can get a bullet to. Actually I would rather see them in prison to rot away. I just hate when people kill other animals. I'm an animal lover what can I say?

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelis View Post
    Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.

I approve of actual punishment for criminals too. Murder receives murder and such.

Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    What? I just feel strongly about it. They shoot a tiger they can get a bullet to. Actually I would rather see them in prison to rot away. I just hate when people kill other animals. I'm an animal lover what can I say?
    Pretty much what you did. lol

El Presidente

I approve of actual punishment for criminals too. Murder receives murder and such.

Pretty much what you did. lol
    Oh good xD

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by plustheharm View Post
    Words on a screen? That story I just read about the rape victim taking her own life? Just words on a screen? The story about that soldier going out and killing innocent people? Words on a screen? We are dismissing something that is pretty $#@!ing heinous, and acting like it isn't that big of a deal. Sorry, guy, but you'd be wrong. And Kwesnoth is wrong, not to mention the fact he sounded pretty $#@!ing stupid.

Not going to get mad or upset? That's not my call. I'm just saying to dismiss it would be foolish. Stupid, even. If you want to "research" for 10 minutes, pass judgement, be my guest. You're not proving a point though, which is something I fear you are trying to do.

As for the Lincoln quote ... I might add a *le sigh* but I'm feeling a picture is more appropriate for this;

(I'm not good with this "form" of spelling. If that sounded like "gayz" as opposed to "guyz," I apologize. )
    Did I quote those stories and reply to them? No, I quoted your words.I don't get upset over what people say in a forum. You won't see me getting upset and saying someone is pretty $#@!ing stupid like you did with Kwesnoth. Your words,Kwesnoth's words or most everybody else's words on forums are just words on a screen.

As far as any point I'm trying to make. I guess you have to place some blame on those that are creating a demand and buying from these poachers as well. That's about it. I was wrong about the supply side. 10 min of research is enough. I don't want to do any further research. In response to your sigh, I *sigh* as well.

9. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Master Guru
    I definitely understand your point. And I didn't say he was stupid. Just what he said sounded stupid. And it wasn't so much a matter of it "sounding," but actually being. But, I get your point. My apologies.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosb View Post
    Did I quote those stories and reply to them? No, I quoted your words.I don't get upset over what people say in a forum. You won't see me getting upset and saying someone is pretty $#@!ing stupid like you did with Kwesnoth. Your words,Kwesnoth's words or most everybody else's words on forums are just words on a screen.
    This should be the mentality of all forum members.

+rep to you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by plustheharm View Post
    I definitely understand your point. And I didn't say he was stupid. Just what he said sounded stupid. And it wasn't so much a matter of it "sounding," but actually being. But, I get your point. My apologies.
    Even if you did man, its a forum discussion I don't get mad or upset anymore, I just respect others opinions, and acknowledge that they are not my own.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Well you can understand why people get offended when it seems like youre belittling something that is important to them. You also basically likened yourself to a poacher, though i assume you meant to reference that you hunt. Hopefully not endangered game.

Master Guru
    Again, "words on a screen" is no excuse. I could tap out some seriously inconsiderate, crude, or just entirely wrong comment, and when someone will inevitably reply, saying something like "words on a screen" doesn't change anything. Doesn't result in my comment being "acceptable," or legitimate. So, no, that should actually, probably, not be the "mentality" of the forum members. If you see someone saying stupid $#@!, or doing stupid $#@!, in person, do you say something? I suppose you could've been posting in some lighthearted manner, but after the first one it didn't seem like it.

I am also not in the camp to suggest someone saying something stupid automatically results in them being stupid. I didn't say you were stupid. I'm sorry if you, him, or anyone else took that from my post. You aren't helping the cause, though.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Well you can understand why people get offended when it seems like youre belittling something that is important to them. You also basically likened yourself to a poacher, though i assume you meant to reference that you hunt. Hopefully not endangered game.
    Yes I do hunt. But never endangered game. I hunt when I go camping, I eat only what I hunt, kill, and cook.

I was referring to, that I knew poachers. Very good ones. So that what I was meant.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Yes I do hunt. But never endangered game. I hunt when I go camping, I eat only what I hunt, kill, and cook.

I was referring to, that I knew poachers. Very good ones. So that what I was meant.
    ah. Do they poach for the sport? I hope they're not doing it to keep bread on the table.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    ah. Do they poach for the sport? I hope they're not doing it to keep bread on the table.
    Not sure why. Pretty sure it was for the money. But they both gone now. Been gone for years, so I don't know what happened.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    This isn't just another Kony thing, this has been going on for over 2 years now and it isn't just down to poaching anyway, a lot of their habitat is being destroyed for building supplies, agriculture and road development.

There are also a lot of solutions being implemented to save the population like forest patrols, ways to develop ecotourism, strengthen laws against poaching & trading, compensating farmers for livestock killed by tigers and relocating tigers that stray into certain areas where the public are at risk. They can only do this with money that is donated by people who don't want to see them extinct.

Also it's not only tigers that are at risk, there are less than 300 snow leopards in Asia because of poaching and decline in numbers of their prey due to agriculture.

I don't mean to preach at anyone lol I just feel strongly about this sort of stuff.

Thread Information