Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Getting a balance between the right number of staff and a coverage of hours is really tough! For example, I work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday all day! So you often see me in the morning on those days and around this time. Then sometimes I may not show my face on a weekend if I am working, but you'll see me most of the day on a Monday or a Tuesday.

Like I said, the right number of staff and the coverage is super hard to get right!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Well done DV. I recall telling you that you deserved the spot more than me. Although I think some of the demoted SMC were very good with what they did, I support the decision overall. It's time to reassess the staff and what we're looking for. This also gives the opportunity to bring in people who are not only good posters, but who are good for the spot.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

3. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    The more the merrier i say

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    The more the merrier i say
    Same here man. I wonder how the new SMCs will be chosen.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    by whoever arse licks the most, like usual

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Just let me have your mum and sister back and we are sorted

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Unbound Mercenary
    Brown-Nose staff.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    So we can definitely expect you to become the next SMC.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Ole Ghostie will offer his services...

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Just let me have your mum and sister back and we are sorted
    They are ruined now bro, you know that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Ole Ghostie will offer his services...

Unfortunately dude, you are far too pro sony for a playstation site

12. Likes Nitey , 33x , DarkVincent07, Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Unfortunately dude, you are far too pro sony for a playstation site
    LOL +rep

I wish I was still a mod at the Gearbox forums. Got some free Borderlands DLC for my efforts. They were cool times.
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-29-2012 at 19:08.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    So we can definitely expect you to become the next SMC.
    Hes just in for the licking.

15. Likes Fon likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    It's either they're going to accept applications or they will just pick who they think is best suited for the job.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    It's either they're going to accept applications or they will just pick who they think is best suited for the job.
    There's no need to bother with applications. You're just going to handle reports (merging/trashing threads etc), post the IPs of spambots for admins to ban, and every now and then discuss important topics with the rest of the staff.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-29-2012 at 22:15.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Generally they just pick whomever they believe to be best suited for the job. They danced with applications for a short time (I think that's how I became an SMC), but from the looks of it they're going to be thinking long and hard about who is qualified for the spot and who will be consistently active.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Generally they just pick whomever they believe to be best suited for the job. They danced with applications for a short time (I think that's how I became an SMC), but from the looks of it they're going to be thinking long and hard about who is qualified for the spot and who will be consistently active.

Exactly... in the past, it sometimes came down to "well. there's no one else ready, so we SHOULD promote these guys..." That may sound $#@!ty, and I don't mean it to slight people who got into staff positions, but that is how it went. We were out of the habit of picking the guys who would do the job right, and started picking the ones who would do it right now.

We are going to make sure we do NOT get caught like that again.

Unbiased, fair and objective... those will be some of the guidelines. I don't want raving xbox or PS3 fanboys on staff. That creates unevenness. I don't want people who want staff positions as a status symbol. I don't want staff to become a popularity competition as it has in the past. Meaning, staff would ignore or act according to "who will this piss off?" and try not to piss off their friends. Sorry, but PSU staff need to learn to differentiate work from business. PSU is a business, so if you "work" for us, then you need to be prepared to make some $#@!ty decisions.

I believe that the core of the staff is the mods. In order to have a solid core, their needs to be a solid foundation first and foremost. That is why picking SMC should NOT be taken lightly. Unless something happens, they will become the mods of tomorrow, and if they are deficient in attitude and training at the SMC level, then they are doomed to fail.

I have a very strong feeling about staff and their expectations. I make no qualms about it. Staff must be reliable, efficient, active, and fair.
    LMAO

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Exactly... in the past, it sometimes came down to "well. there's no one else ready, so we SHOULD promote these guys..." That may sound $#@!ty, and I don't mean it to slight people who got into staff positions, but that is how it went. We were out of the habit of picking the guys who would do the job right, and started picking the ones who would do it right now.

Unbiased, fair and objective... those will be some of the guidelines. I don't want raving xbox or PS3 fanboys on staff. That creates unevenness. I don't want people who want staff positions as a status symbol. I don't want staff to become a popularity competition as it has in the past. Meaning, staff would ignore or act according to "who will this piss off?" and try not to piss off their friends. Sorry, but PSU staff need to learn to differentiate work from business. PSU is a business, so if you "work" for us, then you need to be prepared to make some $#@!ty decisions.

I believe that the core of the staff is the mods. In order to have a solid core, their needs to be a solid foundation first and foremost. That is why picking SMC should NOT be taken lightly. Unless something happens, they will become the mods of tomorrow, and if they are deficient in attitude and training at the SMC level, then they are doomed to fail.

I have a very strong feeling about staff and their expectations. I make no qualms about it. Staff must be reliable, efficient, active, and fair.
    Couldn't agree more.

Forum Sage

I am hard, but I am fair.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I am hard, but I am fair.

that is AWESOME... and true
    LMAO

PSU Technical Advisor

Then you'd better select people with muted or unformed opinions. Eventually, Cu, you may realize that being impartial and objective can make somebody pick a side.

PSU is a business, but not for the majority of the staff. They're nominated and work for free, so once again I am dubious about your 'man up and act the part' speech because the staff (atleast at the SMC level) don't see a cent and aren't really compensated in any meaningful way.

Do you get paid? If so, then it is fair for your superiors to expect you to act and behave in the manner you are now exhibiting. But it is a bit silly to demand it of those who work under you out of a sense of commitment to the community. In particular if they were selected for traits which made them superior posters in the first place, but then you ask them to squelch and mute themselves in the public forum.

That is not a well oiled and lubricated machine. It's cramming a square peg into a round hole.

And of course we both realize that being totally unbiased, fair, and objective is a tall order to ask of anybody- paid or not.

To be frank, you strike me as someone who has unrealistic expectations.

Sigh, and no this is not out of some kind of resentment for being demoted. I was woefully inactive, especially my duties, given my academic, professional and personal life. My demotion was well deserved on those grounds.

This is me being as objective as possible about this, without staying silent of course.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-30-2012 at 01:10.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style

So psu wants to hire robots? Does this finnaly confirm robots are real?

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Yes it does. Japan has been secretly mass producing them for some time. It's only a matter of time before they turn against us and a great war breaks out. Dooming us all!! D:

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Yes it does. Japan has been secretly mass producing them for some time. It's only a matter of time before they turn against us and a great war breaks out. Dooming us all!! D:
    I welcome my future robot overlord.

Thank you itachi

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post

nope, just people who don't blindly worship plastic/electronics and can be objective
    LMAO

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    nope, just people who don't blindly worship plastic/electronics and can be objective
    You're in a gaming forum. Not sure that's possible
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Thread Information