Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

2012 3DS outlook

http://www.dailytech.com/Nintendo+Ce...ticle24170.htm

Nintendo reports that in the first year the DS was available it sold 2.3 million units. The 3DS sold 4.5 million units in its first year. Total software units sold in the first year for the DS was 5 million compared over 9 million for the 3DS. Total sales, including hardware, software, and accessories for the DS over the first year was $540 million compared to $1.2 billion for the 3DS. Nintendo says that the 3DS reached 4 million units by December 2011, passing the pace set by the Wii.
    March 25 was the 3DS first birthday! In it's first year, the 3DS has sold 4.5 million units.

My question to you, is how does the 2012 3DS outlook project? Will it do better than the DS in the second year? What are some features and content you wish Nintendo would add to the 3DS?

I think the outlook is bright but not super bright. After Kid Icarus, there is going to be a drought of games in April and May, or it appears that way. Then it picks up steam again in the Summer with two big Square Enix titles.

I wish Nintendo would make the 3DS more versatile. Add some apps so I can post stuff I do in games on facebook or even add a system like Xbox's achievements or PlayStation's trophies.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member

Actually in May Mario Tennis Open comes out but I think that's about it as far as big games go. I'll probably be picking up older titles or investing in the eShop more during that drought although there is so much to do in Kid Icarus that I'll probably be fine playing that one for months.

With that said, we haven't gotten much of a look at what the 3DS has lined up outside of 2nd quarter. Hopefully another Nintendo Direct Video conference is announced to give us an idea of what to expect. Considering there are quite a few Nintendo and third party projects we know about but haven't yet been giving release dates I could still see Nintendo having a big year remaining in 2012.

Thread Information