Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72
  1. #26
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,734
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,150 (0 Banked)
    Who the f is tyrone? wtf is nightsky? not hating, but that just plain dumb calling a mastermind like Kojima whom made all the brilliant and complex MGS series, when all he has is that small game called night sky lol.


  2. #27
    Power Member
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    146
    Points
    111,037 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree that the controls in MGS aren't the best, the story is nonsensical and overly played out.. But I'm not quite sold that Kojima is a 'bad' game maker.

    He's just definitively Japanese lol. Japanese game industry is much different than the west..


  3. #28
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    clearly rodriguez is piss poor at creating controversy...and until he can show us something good from his own studio he should shut his fat $#@!in hole in his fat $#@!in face...

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Word up! I don't even know who this $#@! sucker is, but you have to have big balls to trash talk the creator of such a deeply inflential franchise. Kojima is ranked up there with the true legends of game developers, this $#@! makes his lil indie games, $#@!ing retard lol.

  4. #29
    Elite Member
    skinny_jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montréal
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,533
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    5,916 (0 Banked)
    What the hell is nightsky, never heard of the game!!!!

  5. #30
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,104
    Rep Power
    103
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    y'kno i never heard of this dude before til i read this lol

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  6. #31
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    10,975 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Well, if that's his opinion so be it. I don't think many, including those in the field would agree with him, though. I'd say I have played few games with more deeper plots and attention to detail in terms to characters, plot, settings, etc. The games might be a bit over the top, but you can tell Kojima puts all his effort into his games.

  7. #32
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,445 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    ah $#@! lol, that explains EVERYTHING. damn Yu ghi o (spelling?) fans
    This. Lol I feel ancient now that i think about it though. :/
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  8. #33
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    2,445 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    MGS has been milked a bit too much at this point though, he is more than capable of making a decent new IP.
    Agreed. MGS4 came at a good time and was an excellent stopping point. I died a little when he announced Rising wished he'd been working on ZOE 3. JEHUTY HD, MASSIVE BATTLES!
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  9. #34
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,121
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,453 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's funny how people are just now ignoring the most common complaint with the Metal Gear Solid games.

    Like I said before, the controls and gameplay mechanics still hold up well and don't stray too far from the original after all these years. However, Hideo Kojima has shown, especially with Metal Gear Solid 4, that he isn't a good writer. At least when it comes to writing dialogue - it's very repetitive. You'd think this would be important, considering the ratio of cutscenes and gameplay is something like 7 to 3 in the latest title, whereas before it was a little more balanced.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-28-2012 at 20:44.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  10. #35
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,970
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,649 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, good writers can say what they want in as short of a time as possible. The MGS games have interesting plot points and philosophical messages, but Kojima drives them through our skulls and ruins the pacing.

  11. Likes *goo likes this post
  12. #36
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,534
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,309 (0 Banked)
    Have to agree. Not a fan of Metal Gear. Especially 4. The cut scenes were way too long, and was pretty boring overall.

  13. #37
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    4 was tits, the nostalgia in that one alone was worth the money, but fighting hand to hand sucks balls, and they give you way too much equipment that you would never use. and don't get me sarted on how retarded Raiden was yet again lol
    I disagree. Shadow Moses was a nice touch, but hardly makes it worth the money. But the rest of your criticisms are pretty spot on. I cared less and less about the game the more I played it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    So before, the whole series was stupid as $#@!,now it's only 2 & 4.interesting..


    He wouldn't understand,judging by his age,when MGS 1 came out he was like 6 years old.
    Well, see, I left the original statement ambiguous for a reason. I just find it so hilariously pathetic that you pinned me for a "mindless shooter" player because I insulted your beloved series, when I also clearly stated that I loved ZOE in the same damn sentence, which is hardly a shooter. The reasons 1 and 3 were good because they had less to do with that whole stupid patriots bull$#@!, which was the ultimate downfall of the series. Except for 3's philosopher's legacy crap, but at least it had decent enough gameplay to look beyond that. And the negatives always outshine the positives, which is why 2 and 4 were trash games.

    And way to be wrong again, I did play the first one and loved it, but 4 had no redeeming factors. Not even the return to Shadow Moses. So please try not to make a fool of yourself, it's actually really embarassing.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  14. #38
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    n. I just find it so hilariously pathetic that you pinned me for a "mindless shooter" player because I insulted your beloved series, when I also clearly stated that I loved ZOE in the same damn sentence, which is hardly a shooter. The reasons 1 and 3 were good because they had less to do with that whole stupid patriots bull$#@!, which was the ultimate downfall of the series. Except for 3's philosopher's legacy crap, but at least it had decent enough gameplay to look beyond that. And the negatives always outshine the positives, which is why 2 and 4 were trash games.

    And way to be wrong again, I did play the first one and loved it, but 4 had no redeeming factors. Not even the return to Shadow Moses. So please try not to make a fool of yourself, it's actually really embarassing.
    Listen "kid" the only one making a fool of himself here is you,you are the one who are attacking one of the most successful and innovative series of all times,most of the people who entered this thread are fans of this series and most of them choose to ignore you because your post wasn't worth commenting on. I politely tried to tell you that this game was not for everyone and your more of a mindless shooting guy aka " COD" - " GeOW" which your little mind received it as an insult,you just spotted the word "mindless" and started raging all over the place.You hated 2& 4 only because the Patriots stuff ?! are you for real?! are you just looking for any excuse to justify your rushed post earlier ?
    I seriously encourage you when you want to post something in the future to think before you do,and when you want to say something negative about something so successful,please choose the right words.
    And please don't try to push this anymore.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  15. #39
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,728
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    17,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Listen "kid" the only one making a fool of himself here is you,you are the one who are attacking one of the most successful and innovative series of all times,most of the people who entered this thread are fans of this series and most of them choose to ignore you because your post wasn't worth commenting on. I politely tried to tell you that this game was not for everyone and your more of a mindless shooting guy aka " COD" - " GeOW" which your little mind received it as an insult,you just spotted the word "mindless" and started raging all over the place.You hated 2& 4 only because the Patriots stuff ?! are you for real?! are you just looking for any excuse to justify your rushed post earlier ?
    I seriously encourage you when you want to post something in the future to think before you do,and when you want to say something negative about something so successful,please choose the right words.
    And please don't try to push this anymore.
    Innovative? What part of 4 was innovative? A control scheme designed for disabled people and hours of cut scenes then 30 minutes of incredibly linear, tedious and cumbersome gameplay. Successful, sure... but certainly not innovative or deserving of the hype it received.

  16. #40
    Elite Sage
    Xelios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,438
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    22,827 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really? Cause the one here who looks like a fool is the one who is blatantly disregarding the fact that opinions are subjective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Listen "kid" the only one making a fool of himself here is you,you are the one who are attacking one of the most successful and innovative series of all times,most of the people who entered this thread are fans of this series and most of them choose to ignore you because your post wasn't worth commenting on.
    Plenty of people here said that MGS went downhillm, or didn't like it. So don't single me out, you're ruining your own argument.

    I politely tried to tell you that this game was not for everyone and your more of a mindless shooting guy aka " COD" - " GeOW" which your little mind received it as an insult,you just spotted the word "mindless" and started raging all over the place.
    Not really raging. I'm actually pretty calm. Yet another false assumption. Call me small minded, but you're resorting to insults; signs of weakness. You obviously don't know me at all, so why bother telling me I'm suited to mindless games? That's an insult right off the bat, which I chose to ignore at the start. Yeah I play RPGs, are those games for mindless idiots too? I enjoy my shooters, are you insulting everyone who likes those games, or just me? You don't realize the magnitude of the words you used there. I don't know where you learned english, but calling something mindless generally has a negative connotation.

    You hated 2& 4 only because the Patriots stuff ?! are you for real?! are you just looking for any excuse to justify your rushed post earlier ?
    Not rushed at all. The Patriots garbage ruined what was a semi-decent storyline. 2 had decent gameplay. 4 had terrible gameplay, terrible framerate, wasn't all that visually appealing, and a garbage storyline. So there were other things that ruined it.
    I seriously encourage you when you want to post something in the future to think before you do,and when you want to say something negative about something so successful,please choose the right words.
    And please don't try to push this anymore.
    What the hell are you going on about rushing something? Where the hell did that even come from? Also, next time you want to try to rip on someone, choose your words carefully.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

  17. Likes !SG! likes this post
  18. #41
    young rich and tasteless
    squirrelbo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London
    Age
    23
    Posts
    16,768
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    16,383 (0 Banked)
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's funny how people are just now ignoring the most common complaint with the Metal Gear Solid games.

    Like I said before, the controls and gameplay mechanics still hold up well and don't stray too far from the original after all these years. However, Hideo Kojima has shown, especially with Metal Gear Solid 4, that he isn't a good writer. At least when it comes to writing dialogue - it's very repetitive. You'd think this would be important, considering the ratio of cutscenes and gameplay is something like 7 to 3 in the latest title, whereas before it was a little more balanced.
    on the dialougue, remember guys that its translated from japanese and undoubtedly looses some meaning. Also the english language is extreamely expressive in terms of its sheer volume of words. we have countless words that mean the same thing pretty much, but slightly different. wheras other languages rely on the emphasis or the expression of the word, which when translated literally into english may miss the mark a little bit.

    just my view on the issue
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

    Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

  19. #42
    Forum Guru
    rbrtchng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,672
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    7,271 (0 Banked)
    MGS boss battles are some of the smartest and interesting boss battles that I've played.

  20. Likes Ghost , bigCman123 likes this post
  21. #43
    Dedicated Member
    bigCman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,389
    Rep Power
    48
    Points
    13,256 (0 Banked)
    Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite series of all time. Honestly I've never heard of this guy nor his game studio or any of his games until I read this.

    I think this is all a part of his SECRET PLAN!!!


    I can hear the popularity growing now! Must make dumbass controversial statements faster!

  22. #44
    Dedicated Member
    Versus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,489
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    5,444 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Jealous much? Kojima is the best in the world at what he does.
    Um excuse me? I really would like a good clarification how Kojima "is the best in the world at what he does". Do you mean making games with extensive storylines or just making games in general? Cus I don't think so at all.

    Now I do think the guy in the article bashes MGS a little TOO much and just seems to be spitting on a pretty good series, but I DO think he makes a good point or two that MGS ain't everything.

    MGS4 has waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cutscenes. And pretty much came off to me as the worst of the 4 games.

  23. #45
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Um excuse me? I really would like a good clarification how Kojima "is the best in the world at what he does". Do you mean making games with extensive storylines or just making games in general? Cus I don't think so at all.

    Now I do think the guy in the article bashes MGS a little TOO much and just seems to be spitting on a pretty good series, but I DO think he makes a good point or two that MGS ain't everything.

    MGS4 has waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cutscenes. And pretty much came off to me as the worst of the 4 games.
    It's not his opinion that makes him a huge jackass,it's the way he said it,'Hideo Kojima should stop making games and start making bad movies"
    he is not just criticising the series in an objective way,he is insulting the man behinds it.Come on now !!

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  24. Likes Ghost likes this post
  25. #46
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Um excuse me? I really would like a good clarification how Kojima "is the best in the world at what he does". Do you mean making games with extensive storylines or just making games in general? Cus I don't think so at all.

    Now I do think the guy in the article bashes MGS a little TOO much and just seems to be spitting on a pretty good series, but I DO think he makes a good point or two that MGS ain't everything.

    MGS4 has waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cutscenes. And pretty much came off to me as the worst of the 4 games.
    MGS4 was only $#@! for those who didn't follow or care for the story/history of the seriesimo. I have been an avid MGS fan since the its 3D debut on PSX and for people like me, MGS4 was a love letter. The original MGS was a pioneering title in regards to bringing a cinematic and rich story line. Anyone who followed the series shouldn't really complain about lengthy cutscenes and dialog because it is part and parcel of the MGS experience. MGS4 was an awesome send off and had to conclude a story that started 25 years ago. Having fewer cutscenes would have been like pissing on the legacy of the series imo. The game to this day holds a quality that many current titles can only dream of, and has graphics that even 4 years later are not matched by some of todays titles. The gameplay was awesome, graphics were awesome...$#@! it I'ma play this $#@! when i get home from work today!

  26. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
  27. #47
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    MGS4 was only $#@! for those who didn't follow or care for the story/history of the seriesimo. I have been an avid MGS fan since the its 3D debut on PSX and for people like me, MGS4 was a love letter. The original MGS was a pioneering title in regards to bringing a cinematic and rich story line. Anyone who followed the series shouldn't really complain about lengthy cutscenes and dialog because it is part and parcel of the MGS experience. MGS4 was an awesome send off and had to conclude a story that started 25 years ago. Having fewer cutscenes would have been like pissing on the legacy of the series imo. The game to this day holds a quality that many current titles can only dream of, and has graphics that even 4 years later are not matched by some of todays titles. The gameplay was awesome, graphics were awesome...$#@! it I'ma play this $#@! when i get home from work today!
    Couldn't say it better myself,i think most people who didn't like 4 aren't MGS veterans.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  28. #48
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,121
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,453 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The game to this day holds a quality that many current titles can only dream of, and has graphics that even 4 years later are not matched by some of todays titles.
    The game did look great back in 2008, but if you put it up against other titles nowadays (even some that were released the following year), Metal Gear Solid 4 looks dated. So which current titles are you talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Couldn't say it better myself,i think most people who didn't like 4 aren't MGS veterans.
    You can still enjoy Metal Gear Solid 4 and point out one or two criticisms. No one cares if you're a "veteran". I've played all four titles - from the original to the aforementioned title - and I do believe the series has evolved to a point where it suffers from long cutscenes and repetitive dialogue. But it's because you blindly praise the guy that he's less likely to improve in those areas.

    on the dialougue, remember guys that its translated from japanese and undoubtedly looses some meaning. Also the english language is extreamely expressive in terms of its sheer volume of words. we have countless words that mean the same thing pretty much, but slightly different. wheras other languages rely on the emphasis or the expression of the word, which when translated literally into english may miss the mark a little bit.

    I don't think so. If that was the case, Final Fantasy, Persona, and other Japanese-developed titles would all be suffering from repetitive dialogue.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-29-2012 at 09:32.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  29. Likes Ixion likes this post
  30. #49
    Forum Elder
    Abdou23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Egypt
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,557
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    11,876 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You can still enjoy Metal Gear Solid 4 and point out one or two criticisms. No one cares if you're a "veteran". I've played all four titles - from the original to the aforementioned title - and I do believe the series has evolved to a point where it suffers from long cutscenes and repetitive dialogue. But it's because you blindly praise the guy that he's less likely to improve in those areas.

    Again you are one of the people who are criticising long cutscenes, dialogues,story and some minor stuff.The real issue here is how did you find the stealth in it?! how did you find the boss fights ? how did you find the weapon customization ? how did you find the option to approach an enemy in a stealthy or action way? how did you find the microwave tunnel scene? how did you find the final battle against liquid ? those are the most important things. And seriously people i can't understand how long cutscenes is such a bad thing? if the game needs it then so be it.Bioshock infinite will have a scene with more dialogue than the hole Bioshock 1 game.How will you react to that ?! I'm not defending a guy, he is not my father or something.I'm defending the game itself because it's worth it.To me MGS4 is a millions times better than Uncharted and has more depth ( talking about cinematic experience ),although i enjoyed all 3 of Uncharted.
    Last edited by Abdou23; 03-29-2012 at 09:39.

    PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

  31. #50
    Dedicated Member
    Versus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,489
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    5,444 (0 Banked)
    The problem with MGS4 is that it's ratio of gameplay to cutscene is soooo out of wack. I don't remember playing it as much as LOOKING at it. And the part with the split screen battle with Raiden is stupid. Real stupid.

    And yes I've played all 4 MGS game and know there cinematic games, but 4 was over the top. There trying to conclude the story, ok so be it, but it's still not as OMG GREAT as alot of people claim.

    I'm an advid FF fan, and those games try to tell a big story just like MGS does, but at least in FF (or alot of RPGs, and not proclaiming FF is perfect by any means) that I know I will get alot of gameplay to go along with the story telling. MGS4 was the best example of an "interactive movie" that I've personally ever played. And moreso then the previous 3 games.

    Another thing is that, at this point, most people on the internet want Kojima to move on to actually do something else then do MGS over and over again because "it keeps bring him back".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.