Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    I'm usually well behind in games and try to wait until I can get them for under $30 used. I just finished Uncharted and started Uncharted 2. I just picked up NHL 11 too. LOL.

I might have to rethink my strategy.
    Buy the games NEW, when they are Platinum/Greatest Hits.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Pretty much bad news all around. Sounds like someone just wants to get a rise out of us.

3. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Another day another rumor. Who gives a $#@!? lol I'm not gonna believe a word any $#@! sucker says until I see it from Sony or MS . These kinda assholes love whipping the masses up into a frenzy of speculation and hype. I'm over this $#@!, not even gonna bother going into rumor threads any more.

5. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If those rumors turn out to be true, it'll fail badly. lol.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Did you guys know im secretly working on the Durabis which is secretly the true next gen console its actually Microsoft and sony working together but shhhh you didnt hear it *guns firing and men in suits*

NOOOOO you may take me but you will never take my spiirrittt

Thank you itachi

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If they are true then I'm sticking with PS3 and Vita. With games like Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and Dust 514 coming, I could do without everything else to be honest lol especially Diablo and Guildwars. I could quite happily play those 2 games alone for another 5 years (im not kidding). If Sony $#@! up next gen by releasing a POS like this rumor, then I'll jump in years later when the price is low and the games are cheap. No BC is bull$#@! lol.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    no BC, guess i'm buying the next Nintendo console

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Cost could be one issue if true. AMD would likely be a budget alternative to gain the specs they are targeting. AMD may be lower end CPU's, but likely they are just fine for consoles.
    I doubt it's anything like that. Sony bough back the cell fabrication from Toshiba for a reason, or they might as well throw almost $1billion for no reason!

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Here is some info I have found from various websites including NeoGAF and Kotaku

Current Specs:

Our main source supplied some basic specs for the console, but as the future is always in motion, bear in mind these could easily chance between now and the Orbis' retail release. Still, if you'd like to know what developers are being told to plan for now here you go.

AMD x64 CPU
    AMD Souther Islands GPU

The former, that's largely something we've heard before, but the latter is interesting. That's the name given to many of AMD's 2012 roster of high-end PC cards. The PS4's GPU in particular, we're told, will be capable of displaying Orbis games at a resolution of up to 4096x2160, which is far in excess of the current HDTV sets. It'll also be capable of playing 3D games in 1080p, the PS3 can only safely manage 3D at 720p.
    Orbis is now mentioned in a Sony development platform website:

http://orbis.scedev.net/

A website called coquesdesign.com did some design work for Sony which they have called 'new Sony Orbis features'.

Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I like the whole latin meaning thing.
    Orbis = Circle
    Vita = Life
    Orbis + Vita = Circle of Life
    Last edited by Itachi; 03-28-2012 at 23:54.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    No BC and no second hand games? I love you Sony, but count me out if true.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

14. Likes Two4DaMoney , Ghost likes this post
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I know alot of people here prefer to pay 2-3x what a game goes for used, but I'm not one of them.

I got Uncharted for $7 and U2 for $15. Even if I would have bought the dual pack, I still saved $18, enough to buy another used game.

I understand the whole "support the devs" argument but who is supporting me? I have to look out for my best interests since no one else is.

If it's a game I really want as early as possible, I start looking for used copies about 3 weeks after release. I can usually save about $15, which again, is enough to buy another used game. It's even cheaper to get a used copy and pay the $10 online code a lot of times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I was thinking that the PS4 would be codenamed "Death" but Orbis is fine.

Does this mean that it will be called "PlayStation [insert name]" instead of "PlayStation 4"?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I know alot of people here prefer to pay 2-3x what a game goes for used, but I'm not one of them.

I got Uncharted for $7 and U2 for $15. Even if I would have bought the dual pack, I still saved $18, enough to buy another used game.

I understand the whole "support the devs" argument but who is supporting me? I have to look out for my best interests since no one else is.

If it's a game I really want as early as possible, I start looking for used copies about 3 weeks after release. I can usually save about $15, which again, is enough to buy another used game. It's even cheaper to get a used copy and pay the $10 online code a lot of times.

That's the magic of Blu-ray. I have bought about 5 or 6 used games in a collection of almost 70. They look as new. None of my games have any kind of marks or scratches, they all looks like the day I got them.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I know alot of people here prefer to pay 2-3x what a game goes for used, but I'm not one of them. I got Uncharted for $7 and U2 for $15. Even if I would have bought the dual pack, I still saved $18, enough to buy another used game. I understand the whole "support the devs" argument but who is supporting me? I have to look out for my best interests since no one else is. If it's a game I really want as early as possible, I start looking for used copies about 3 weeks after release. I can usually save about $15, which again, is enough to buy another used game. It's even cheaper to get a used copy and pay the $10 online code a lot of times. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Nothing wrong with that. I buy used or marked down alot. Sometimes I just rent. Theres only certain games that I buy brand new. And if any company is going to implement some anti-used game measure like the one described then that company wont get my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    That's the magic of Blu-ray. I have bought about 5 or 6 used games in a collection of almost 70. They look as new. None of my games have any kind of marks or scratches, they all looks like the day I got them.
    Yeah the scratch resistant protection on bluray discs is awesome.
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 03-29-2012 at 00:45. Reason: double post

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    no BC, guess i'm buying the next Nintendo console
    But that won't be able to play PS3 games either

20. Likes Itachi , Fon likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I Think that SONY intentionally leaks this kind of rumours to see the reaction of the community,and then reacts based on it.If the majority have no problem with it then they will go for it,if the majority disagree then they will back out. Until i hear some official info. i'm not buying any of this.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

I usually buy my used games very cheap from Gamefly and they come with codes and everything. It's a noble thought to think about the developers but my wallet is more important. If I can get a game for $11 used vs $30 retail then I will go with the former. Not only that but it's good business for the developers in the long run if I like their game.

As for the article; It's just rumors but nice to discuss about it.

Dedicated Member

How about the fact the the devs made the game for you to buy and play, isn't that support enough?

I certainly see both sides of the argument, a portion of the profit absolutely SHOULD go the the devs who made the game, at the same time the devs should start using the profit to make new games, instead of just saving money and rehashing the previous iteration.

Video games are not essential like food or health, it's a hobby through and through.

Also, most games are not worth $60 to me. 50 maybe, usually 40, but it's clear to see that the industry is being dictated by the stock market in the same fashion that everything else in America is, make more and more profit for less and less quality/content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Superior Member
    Three negatives for me in this article... I don't like the change from Playstation 4 to Orbis... sounds like Obitz to me. Although it also makes me think of the Okama GameSphere which is kind of cool lol

I, of course, think the PSN lockdown of games to prevent resale is pretty heinous.

But maybe most aggravating is the proposed lack of backward compatibility with the PS3. That's an absolutely tragically bad idea in my opinion. I really hope that isn't true.

Soldier 95B
    My PS3 will still work after I get my PS4 so no concern for BC for me.

TapaTit

26. Likes TEJ2025, Itachi likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    the fact that its callled "orbis" makes me think its bull$#@!, although that could be its codename for development.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The thing is not every game actually goes greatest hits/platinum. There are a lot of awesome games out there that don't sell well or don't get much attention. If this whole no used games [unless you pay] is true, it will be a pain 5-10 years down the track trying to find games to play. Especially rare ones for example games that end up like Folklore or Valkyria Chronicles from this gen.

Although its all rumours, its still concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I was thinking that the PS4 would be codenamed "Death" but Orbis is fine.

Does this mean that it will be called "PlayStation [insert name]" instead of "PlayStation 4"?
    Most likely yes. Since the number 4 is bad luck in Japan if I'm not mistaken?
    Also a name without a number keeps the brand fresh, especially for a new audience

My PS3 will still work after I get my PS4 so no concern for BC for me.

TapaTit
    This is true, I did feel that way about my PS2, and I still play games on that... but I AM kind of running out of room And I think just generally, BC is pretty important especially since there are so many PS3 games on the market atm, and its a pretty damn sought after feature

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The thing is not every game actually goes greatest hits/platinum. There are a lot of awesome games out there that don't sell well or don't get much attention. If this whole no used games [unless you pay] is true, it will be a pain 5-10 years down the track trying to find games to play. Especially rare ones for example games that end up like Folklore or Valkyria Chronicles from this gen.

Although its all rumours, its still concerning.

Most likely yes. Since the number 4 is bad luck in Japan if I'm not mistaken?
    Also a name without a number keeps the brand fresh, especially for a new audience

This is true, I did feel that way about my PS2, and I still play games on that... but I AM kind of running out of room And I think just generally, BC is pretty important especially since there are so many PS3 games on the market atm, and its a pretty damn sought after feature
    Its been fine with no BC on the PS3 though. For PS2 games that is.

TapaTit

Ultimate Veteran
    i call this a rumor but i can see the PS4 useing amd for the cpu and gpu sony will have more freedom and it wont cost them an arm and a leg like ninvida is geting from each PS3;

Thread Information