Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The thing is not every game actually goes greatest hits/platinum. There are a lot of awesome games out there that don't sell well or don't get much attention. If this whole no used games [unless you pay] is true, it will be a pain 5-10 years down the track trying to find games to play. Especially rare ones for example games that end up like Folklore or Valkyria Chronicles from this gen.

Although its all rumours, its still concerning.

Most likely yes. Since the number 4 is bad luck in Japan if I'm not mistaken?
    Also a name without a number keeps the brand fresh, especially for a new audience

This is true, I did feel that way about my PS2, and I still play games on that... but I AM kind of running out of room And I think just generally, BC is pretty important especially since there are so many PS3 games on the market atm, and its a pretty damn sought after feature
    Yes the number 4 symbol looke alot like the symbol for death so

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    My PS3 will still work after I get my PS4 so no concern for BC for me.

TapaTit
    Not to self, disable Soldier's ps3 after he buys a ps4.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Id just buy another ps3 then lol even if mine doesnt break il still buy anyway because i always have a spare console for my collection

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You bastard!

TapaTit

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Call me crazy, but AMD cpu seems fishy (I'd like to see that anyways They aren't necessarily top notch in pc's so why cripple yourself, dare I call this one). However if there's no BC and the anit-used game implementation, Sony will have to work hard for my money. I may be more worried about what they will announce when they finally do.

Forum Sage
    You bastard!

TapaTit
    Sony made me do it. For the good of Japan.

Oddly they used these guys to coerce me:

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Id just buy another ps3 then lol even if mine doesnt break il still buy anyway because i always have a spare console for my collection
    Note to self: Put Chille on sony's blacklist of people not allowed to buy their products.

I read all the comments until now, to see where most people were standing about this....

Well, in regards of both consoles implementing a measure for used games, I think it makes all the sense of the world. Most of us forget that these companies MAKE the consoles we use and it is a business. We keep asking and expecting more of Sony, then complain when they logically try to make their console business not last 4 or 5 years in order to start being profitable. Thanks to us, the lifespan of technology products is very short (see how apple replaces their phone every year and most people buy the new one when it comes out) and no way in hell a console will last 10 years in the interest of the market. If the console business wants to stay a float, then it needs to make more profit sooner. In this case, and reading between the lines, I think it doesn't say that you have to BE online every time to play a game, but be online to activate it and be able to play it for the first time. That sounds very logical to me. We all have internet now, more people will by 2014. It also says that used games could be implementing a trial mode, meaning that if someone lends me a game then I could play it for some time and decide if I wanna buy it. ALSO makes sense. Then it says that you'd have to pay fees for the game to play it fully, AS a used game. Where does this can backfire? Cost. The only way that I see people will be fine with boarding this train is the cost of said used games.

Backwards compatibility is a subject that matters me more. I don't want to have a friggin playstation museum at home! A PS2 for my ps1 and 2 games, a ps3 for my ps3 games and now a ps4. I get it that people don't expect to buy a new console to play old games, but you know what? I do! Let's say the ps4 comes out with a line up of 10 games, and of those 10 I wanna buy 2, and the other games I wanna play will be released later in over 6 months. What do I do? Catch up to any old games I have. For me backwards compatibility is the reason why I always went with Sony, and it being ditched in PS3 and possibly PS4 really affects me supporting them since day one. Like many people say, I'd keep my PS3 and buy the PS4 when it has a library of games that attract me.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Online access only or anti-used game features won't bother me in the least. PS4 is day one for me.
    I see you're spinning up again.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I see you're spinning up again.
    Excuse you?

TapaTit

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Excuse you?

TapaTit
    I honest to God don't understand how you cannot see this hurts everyone. Even us legit users, even yourself. You'll see what one day my good buddy.

But I'm not going to delve as I don't want to derail the convo.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    Yeah, if these rumors turn out to be true, I definitely will not be getting a PS4.

12. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Superior Member
    what does BC stand for?

Elite Member
    So... not interested if true.

I don't buy games used, but not being able to lend to a friend or borrow? I can't believe that would be such a crime!

Digital only? They would have to drop the price since they can't $#@! about gamestop or amazon taking money from them, but they won't. They'll say it'll go to making better games, but that won't be true either.
    Last edited by LastManDancing; 03-29-2012 at 04:41.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrain View Post
    what does BC stand for?
    Backwards compatibility, the ability for the console to play older games

Also lets try and stay on topic here guys

Veteran
    Seems pretty much fake, and I won't buy into any of these late 'reliable sources' unless it comes from Sony.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Well it looks like quite a few news outlets have gotten their hands on this rumor. While it may be quite a big one, being with a possible code-name and all, I'm actually worried this may not be a full-on rumor, then again Sony has been known to be 'awful' at keeping 'secret'. A little 'leak' isn't unheard of though.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Why wasn't there this much fuss when it was rumored the next xbox will do this?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Why wasn't there this much fuss when it was rumored the next xbox will do this?
    There was, just not so much on this forum as this is a PlayStation centric website. Also I think its the fact that its rumoured now that BOTH consoles will have some kind of used game lockout system that is concerning

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    I wonder why all these hate on used games lately comes along from publisher and console producer. I mean we speaking about a whole market that get screwed with all these DMR nonsense. When i´m right then the gaming industries is the only one who gains more profit every year. And the consoles don´t suffering from pirating games like the PC does. So i really don´t understand this behavior. I want to lend my games to everyone who wants to and i want to sell my old games to buy new ones. This worked 25 years now why the change ? Why this bull$#@! of an restricted DMR system ? The Online Pass was one of the worst moves this generations but i can live with it. But if every next generation game is locked to just one account i´m out of this $#@!.
    Last edited by bariton1; 03-29-2012 at 10:41.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Hope the price point is better than the PS3 was. I REALLY dont want to have to shell out 600 bucks for a console at launch. 399 wouldnt bother me too much as thats a little under a weeks pay for me, plus still gives us about another 2 years on the current gen software, meaning when PS4 does release, PS3 will have been out for roughly about 7 years.

One things for sure, im not making the same mistake i did last time when i went out and traded in everything ps2 i owned for my PS3 (excepty games of course, i had a BC 80gb. played everything i kept nice and fine). I have roughly 80 ps3 games, 3 controllers, 2 energizer controller docks, the blu tooth headset (original of course), new ps3 remote, and 2 controller keyboards. Im not gettin rid of ANY of it.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

22. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I'm not getting it if I have to be online to play games. That's going too far. Not even Steam makes you do that. I also think the no-used-games feature is terrible. If they do that, they better have the entire game library online and competitive pricing with what we've been used to in previous gens (Which won't happen).
    Last edited by Lefein; 03-29-2012 at 12:54.

Superior Member

Despite how I feel about the used games market, I do think system locked games, overall, is a rather harsh idea. I think if anything they should expand on the online pass idea. Maybe also include "special content pass", same idea as the online pass.

The game as a whole would be able to be played, but there would be some abilities, weapons, side quest, etc... that would require a one time pass to use, not unlike pre-order content.. Maybe if devs do not struggle so much with developing games next gen, they could lower the release retail price $50, but that's probably the equivalent to a snowballs chance in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So if a game gets tied to a system and your system breaks and have to buy another, will all your games work on the new system?
    Is it going to be tied to a console or your account?

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    So if a game gets tied to a system and your system breaks and have to buy another, will all your games work on the new system?
    Is it going to be tied to a console or your account?
    From what i can tell its tied to your account so doesnt matter if your console breaks

Thank you itachi

Veteran
    For once, I have to agree with Pachter:

Next-Gen: PlayStation 4 'Orbis' Source 'Is A Monkey' - Pachter

"The anti-piracy rumors started in 2005, when Ken Kutaragi patented a technology for it prior to the PS3 launch," Pachter told NowGamer, adding that the 'Orbis' rumour's "reliable source is a monkey".
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1302046...y_pachter.html
    You jokers do realize the NO USED GAMES topic is from 2006:
    Sony May Prohibit PS3 Preowned Game Sales
    May 24, 2006

Allegations that Sony will discourage and even prohibit the resale of PS3 games surface

Games Radar reported today "High street games shops have been told by Sony that there will be no PS3 pre-owned sections in their stores as it will be illegal for customers to sell any next-gen PlayStation games that they've bought." However, neither Games Radar nor DailyTech were able to confirm the announcement with Sony.
    sauce

Really strange seeing 2006 is all new again in 2012, at least on PSU. That is really pitifully funny that Kraptaku pulled a CYA (cover your ass) with these really crude doodles from a site that wasn't a site as some kind of "proof". Not only that, all that is being shown is a HDTV with what looks like a PS Eye on top of it with a smart phone controller. The really stupid part is where they speculate it could be an iPhone. Yes, Sony is going to design a new game console that uses an iPhone as a controller. Look, if you are going to be so gullible to eat this up, I would like to introduce you to a Nigerian prince that is in need of kind assistance but with great rewards in the millions for that assistance. Sheesh!
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

28. Likes DarkVincent07, Ghost likes this post

Thread Information