Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    For once, I have to agree with Pachter:

You jokers do realize the NO USED GAMES topic is from 2006:

sauce

Really strange seeing 2006 is all new again in 2012, at least on PSU. That is really pitifully funny that Kraptaku pulled a CYA (cover your ass) with these really crude doodles from a site that wasn't a site as some kind of "proof". Not only that, all that is being shown is a HDTV with what looks like a PS Eye on top of it with a smart phone controller. The really stupid part is where they speculate it could be an iPhone. Yes, Sony is going to design a new game console that uses an iPhone as a controller. Look, if you are going to be so gullible to eat this up, I would like to introduce you to a Nigerian prince that is in need of kind assistance but with great rewards in the millions for that assistance. Sheesh!
    As for the phone part, rumor is that Sony is getting chummy with Android and may somehow incorporate it with their consoles. If they do, there is bound to be some crossover between Android handsets and consoles.

As for the rest, I have no idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Veteran
    Wow... So this was even reported on for PS3?

Hmm... Thing is, it seems more viable now, what with online pass. We'll see next E3, I s'pose... Or the one after that.

So tired of rumors like that,... sigh.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingraysito View Post
    May i ask how did you manage to get tickets for E3? O.o
    I work at Directv, and as an entertainment company turns out I qualify =)
    I haven't got the pass yet, but I've got the confirmation already
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    i hope sony encorporate android into the next playstation...tho i would be hesitant to buy another sony mobile

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'd welcome a 2013 release. If this information proves to be true it's the best news I've heard all year.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i would buy this PS4 if it was runing amd gpu and chip i could care less about B/C

ha i bet none of you remember this rumour from when ps3 was going to be released anti used game measure BOLOGNA. Online Only... yeah lets cut our customer fanbase in half because not everyone has internet like the states... some stupid kid spreading $#@! around again

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Dedicated Member

I am not sure on validity of this but.

If there No backward compat then there issue that loyal playstation users got ps2, ps3 now ps4 surely best to package it in one box. Then if aint IBM Cell you cant have backward compat.

However it was ditched on slim as it was expensive and PSN now showing for £7 ps2 games to buy so as business position it will make them money.

The other is the move on propiety to stop second hand market we already seen developers take steps and they no doubt put pressure on console makers to cut it from source.

My worry is will the do this at next gen or at some point firmware for ps3.

I got 5 or 6 on low budget gaming is hard I try buy new but not always possible.

If both are to happen they SONY game industry has give something back. The console must be cheaper and provide games much cheaper like around PC price point.

On the build rumour of AMD well PC news may push the rumour to very very likely or not likely. It was news AMD pulling out desktop pc market last year. However I believe they going to concentrate on mobile solutions. Which makes me less likely AMD involved its not exactly emerging markets. However though now they pulled from pc's they goto find the losses from that market so console industry might entice them.

Worried if they do there processors run much hotter than rivals. I would be concerned with heat issues in small box. Concern is the move from IBM Cell if this true would be very much backward ok it got slated at first with the hard to program. Surely they will keep it refine it make it better.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD...a-3,14114.html

Dedicated Member

Yeah, I love reading the "Rumors"! I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet though. I really can't see SONY shooting it self in the foot this time around like that. The launch of the PS3 had a fair share of doubt and trouble. And seeing how they've come so far in the game, I will wait for the real announcement and expect good stuff to come! Not these negative rumors.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I do believe the online anti-used feature will be mainly for games that you play ONLINE!

the AMD part makes sense though.

my take on the PS4 is this..

-It will have A LOT more ram in it compared to PS3, probably 8x as much ram as the PS3 currently has. The reason for this, if you want HD, the ram factor helps, if you are going to push 3D gaming further, you need RAM.

-Android will most likely be used on the PS4 but more streamlined for consoles obviously compared to pocket phones and such, more features, etc etc.

- the inverted triggers on the controller will not be inverted anymore

- no backwards compatability for PS3. (doesn't bother me, I would rather have sony start fresh to make a more stable platform compared to the PS3)

- no more 2.5" HDD, instead it will use 3.5" full HDD

- It will have a seperate RAM amount just for voice chat and some other things. these wont be combined with the actual RAM the system uses for games and such. voice chat doesn't need that much ram at all for cross game chatting, but the games can actually bottleneck the voice chat depending on the game. o.O
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 04-01-2012 at 00:11.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Veteran
    http://www.1up.com/news/sony-games-patent-resurfaces

OH NO! You know that new system Sony is putting out, the Playstation 3, well they may block people from lending their games out, selling them, and buying used, not to mention renting!

Why did that get bolded? I can't even undo the bold... Anyhow.

Still not as bad as that Wii thing, no one's gonna buy that mess, AMIRITE?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    Still not as bad as that Wii thing, no one's gonna buy that mess, AMIRITE?
    Nintendo consoles are worth getting for Mario and Zelda games alone. If they have full dev support then the console is that much more attractive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

14. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Ancient
    Complete and utter Bull$#@!, the name comes from the gateway site for PlayStation.

Sent From My 12.5MP, 2GB Ram, DualCore, Bravia Powered 720p LED Screened Sony Xperia S Using Tapatalk 2.0

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    i hope sony encorporate android into the next playstation...tho i would be hesitant to buy another sony mobile

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Your right, SONY needs to abort the Ericsson section of their mobile phone business and build them fully under SONY.
    I'm actually posting right now on the Touch Tablet S, its a wonderful piece of tech.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeghtmare View Post
    I work at Directv, and as an entertainment company turns out I qualify =)
    I haven't got the pass yet, but I've got the confirmation already
    Nice

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Your right, SONY needs to abort the Ericsson section of their mobile phone business and build them fully under SONY.
    I'm actually posting right now on the Touch Tablet S, its a wonderful piece of tech.
    Where have you been? Ericsson is no more lol

Sent from my 12.5MP, 2GB Ram, DualCore, Bravia Powered 720p LED Screened Sony Xperia S

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Specs detailed
    The PlayStation 4, reportedly codenamed Orbis, may utilize custom chips based on AMD's A8-3850 APU and Radeon HD 7670 GPU, sources have told IGN, offering the combined performance of both integrated and discrete graphics processors.

According to the official product specs, the A8-3850 packs a quad-core 2.9GHz processor with an integrated graphics chip. The APU will work in tandem with the system's dedicated GPU, the HD 7670, a DirectX 11-enabled card clocked to 1GHz with up to 1GB of dedicated VRAM.

The HD 7670 is a rebranded version of last year's HD 6670, sporting identical specs across the board. If you recall, the HD 6670 is the same card that we reported will be used in the Xbox 720. The implication, of course, is that the two systems will effectively go toe-to-toe as far as discrete graphics are concerned.

By current standards, the HD 6670 is an entry-level processor with a price of about $74.99. Benchmark tests place framerate performance for taxing titles games like Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 set to high settings at a resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p) with average framerates of just over 30 frames-per-second. The chip also supports HDMI1.4a output, which is necessary for the system's rumored 4k output. Naturally, a comparably lightweight operating system and console-optimized games will likely improve performance, but the PS4's real edge could come from the secondary GPU provided by the APU.

Onboard the A8-3850 is an HD 6550D, which makes the APU capable of running games at baseline specs and lower resolutions without the help of a discrete GPU. When the APU is paired with the HD 7670, however, Sony will be able to utilize an asymmetrical CrossFire configuration to share the load of realtime graphics processing.

Our sources caution that while current plans for the device make use of the the chipsets mentioned, it is possible that changes could be made prior to the system's launch.

With publishers rumored to have already begun development for the system and the system slated for a 2013 release, additional details are sure to emerge over the next few months.

UPDATE: For further clarification, the chips being used in the PlayStation 4 are based on the off-the-shelf parts detailed above and are being custom tooled for the console. Exact specs may vary.
    IGN

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Specs detailed IGN
    Nice. I'd love to see an Uncharted game running on that hardware.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Nice. I'd love to see an Uncharted game running on that hardware.
    in all likelihood, you will see at least a couple

Seems like a nice setup, but as with all of these "sources" we will wait and see!
    LMAO

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well it looks like the discussion of the week on this is BC. It's not a deal breaker for me since I have a PS3, it will however be an inconvenience factor. First off, I assume that the PS4 will be compatible with the DS3 controller. The only reason to have going from DS2->DS3 was Sixaxis and Wireless. I'm not sure what else they could toss in there (well maybe a touchpad on the back - oops, I think i just started a rumor.)

So with that I'd want to be able to use the my existing DS3 controllers w/ the PS4 instead of investing in another set of controllers, and that means I'd need to resync between systems ever damn time I wanted to play games on the other system. Add to that that I'm out of HDMI ports in my receiver (4 HDMI inputs) and I'd have to pull out my external HDMI switch again, not the worst thing in the world, but hey I like to minimize the number of remotes I actually have to use. If the PS4 had BC it would eliminate these nuisances for me. Beyond that, I don't really care if the PS4 doesn't have BC. That said, it'll be a while before I adopt anyway. Maybe 1yr post release is when I'll adopt. It will have come down $100 at a minimum and it will have gotten enough games on it that I'll have more interest. One thing is for certain, I will not be a day one adopter.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Specs detailed

IGN
    Yeah, I don't see this as being true at all.

Apprentice

Orbis is the stupidest name I have ever heard. Stick with PS4 all the way. I see absolutely no reason to change the name at this point. The more I am hearing about the next gen PS, the more I am thinking about going to PC games - like others are saying. In the end I will probably stick with PS, but Orbis??! really guys
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by vesh1717 View Post
    Orbis is the stupidest name I have ever heard. Stick with PS4 all the way. I see absolutely no reason to change the name at this point. The more I am hearing about the next gen PS, the more I am thinking about going to PC games - like others are saying. In the end I will probably stick with PS, but Orbis??! really guys
    These are just rumors. Sony hasn't officially announced anything yet so take these topics with a grain of salt.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    These are just rumors. Sony hasn't officially announced anything yet so take these topics with a grain of salt.

Yes, I realize these are only rumors. I seriously hope you are right. I really believe they would lose customers simply based on this rumored name change. I just can't see people making the Sony connection - in the moment at the store. I assume lots of ppl buy systems that way, unlike most of us who know a lot about gaming.
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Thread Information