Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

One of Robert Bowling's final CoD interviews hit out at 'f***ing subscriptions

Infinity Ward creative strategist wanted to release free older maps

In one of his final interviews at Infinity Ward, former creative strategist Robert Bowling called for a move away from the "f*cking era where everyone is so focused on subscriber numbers".
    Speaking a month before his resignation from Infinity Ward, Bowling expressed his objection to Activision's past Call of Duty DLC strategy, as well as his desire to release classic Call of Duty maps to the community for free. "Here is my philosophy on throwback maps," he said in a Machinma live stream covering MW3 DLC last month (via Callofdutymappacks.com). "Old school maps, I love maps like that, I want to see Creek, I want to see Overgrown, I want to see Crossfire, I want to see Highrise.
    "So my mentality on it is if you are going to do throw back maps, if you are going to do classic maps, keep it outside of the DLC model. Like for DLC, if you are paying for stuff and it's included in your subscription, it should all be new content. Give me something new I've never seen before, and that's not something we've done in the past before, [when] we've included [old maps] in traditional map packs.
    "But now, since our DLC model is so different, I feel like we have a flexibility to let DLC be focused on all new content, brand new stuff you've never seen before in the game or any game.
    "And if we want to do a throwback map, let that be outside the DLC model, let it be free, let it be to everyone. Don't let it be restricted by contracts and partnerships and all that f*cking money stuff. Let it just be there. So that's what I think. I want to see the new gameplay experience of Modern Warfare 3 in classic maps."
    Bowling added: "I feel like we are in a f*cking era where everyone is so focused on subscriber numbers and all that stuff that we need to get back to what I feel like we did so much better in the old days of just plain goodwill, like stuff like the LAN patch, yeah it is lower priority but let's get it out the f*cking door. Let's just do it."
    Bowling hasn't announced a reason for his departure from Infinity Ward, and Activision has offered him 'sincere thanks' for his many years of service as "a trusted and valued member of the Infinity Ward team".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    At least he walked and was not a part something be dislikes.

Too bad too many people are willing to pay for this.

The more people sign, the more maps that will not be released WITH the game but released as DLC. How long till COD players get map packs ever month? Its a possibility.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I used to get COD map packs but with MW3 the whole thing got confusing. I thought they would release the maps later on to non Elite members but I was wrong.

In the end I lost interest in the game as it happens with all games. I never subscribed and never got the maps.

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I respect him for that. Not happy with the way things are going? Walk away holding your head high. At least he had good intentions.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I used to get COD map packs but with MW3 the whole thing got confusing. I thought they would release the maps later on to non Elite members but I was wrong.

In the end I lost interest in the game as it happens with all games. I never subscribed and never got the maps.

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk
    Uh, they ARE releasing them to non-Elite subscribers. The first major DLC pack just went out to Xbox like, last week. Once the exclusivity runs out it'll be released for PS3. So in about a month. It's not confusing at all, they've done EXACTLY what they said they would.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Maps should always be free.

7. Likes Black Beast likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    2 maps for like 15 bucks right? $#@! that...

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    2 maps for like 15 bucks right? $#@! that...
    No it's 5 new maps!

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    It's 4 multiplayer maps, which are also playable in Survival, along with 2 Spec-Ops missions.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    cool as long as it isn't 2

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information