Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr

Angry my vita is dying!!!

EVERY time it goes into sleep mode it locks up. I get the flashing blue light for 15-20 seconds and then solid blue light. A hard reset is the only solution, and is a real pain!!!

Last night I rebuilt the database and restored the vita. then it locked up after I entered the time/date/location. Again I did a hard reboot then powered off. Then this morning I called tech support, powered on the system. after setting up the system it appeared to be fine. Now, I am back to the constant hard reset.

There is also a problem with the 3g, When I go into network/mobile network there are no options under the heading. This issue first appeared last night as well and seemed to go away this morning but has resurfaced.... I also have a WiFi only vita and have NO issues like this. I have also had to replace the SIM card already!!!

Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just get the unit replaced.

3. Likes dreams likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Just get the unit replaced.

Agreed, you've done everything you could to try and fix it yourself.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    LMAO!!!!! If it was that easy. Sony wanted to give me a refurb (unacceptable) or repair (also unacceptable) my unit. It was only 37 days past purchase. Gamestop however was MUCH more accommodating! Even though the receipt clearly said 30 days he replaced the unit without a blink! I read alot about people hating on gamestop on forums but I ALWAYS buy from them and have had GREAT customer service with them!!!

6. Likes Lethal , Leviticus likes this post
    Ancient
    Sony should of replaced it with a new Vita, no if or buts, it's part of the customer rights, only time you get a refurbished or repair is when it's part of a extended guarantee, all products have a minimum of 90 days guarantee, and that's not including the guarantee you get with the system it self which is usually a year with things like the PSvita, there is also the guarantee from the store you brought it from which is never advertised, which is about 3 years, but you have to look up customer rights to know about that, which alot of people don't and buy a guarantee off the store eventhou they get it automatically, source? I work in retail
    Plus like I said, just look up customer rights.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

8. Likes dreams, Sylar likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I always take it back to the store first, but in your 30 days case you got lucky there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    the gamestop manager going above and beyond by replacing my vita was a result of me spending THOUSANDS of dollars there!!! Loyality has its benifits!

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Sony should of replaced it with a new Vita, no if or buts, it's part of the customer rights, only time you get a refurbished or repair is when it's part of a extended guarantee, all products have a minimum of 90 days guarantee, and that's not including the guarantee you get with the system it self which is usually a year with things like the PSvita, there is also the guarantee from the store you brought it from which is never advertised, which is about 3 years, but you have to look up customer rights to know about that, which alot of people don't and buy a guarantee off the store eventhou they get it automatically, source? I work in retail
    Plus like I said, just look up customer rights.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    I agree with the sentiment, but the practice is far from this. I bought an HP Printer last year, it had issues with the paper feeder out of the box, I call HP they said they'd send me a new unit. A few days later a refurb comes. Not just a refurb. but a scratched to hell refurb. I called up to complain, they said they couldn't do anything. I told them I was returning the refurb and I'm returning their printer to the store for a refund (Newegg.) HP said I couldn't do it now that I have the printer, but I did it. I actually had Newegg do the RMA replacement under their policy.

I bought a 64" Samsung Plasma TV 3 weeks ago. I had it for 1hr, then a loud pop and I had a 4" horizontal white bar across my screen about 6" from the top of the screen. I called tech support, they said they'd have someone out in two weeks to look at it, and if it needed replaced I'd get a refurb. Total BS, I took it back to the store which had a 48hr no questions asked policy, and got a replacement. The new one's been working awesome.

Basically every piece of electronics that has failed early in the past few years has only been offered to be replaced w/ a refurb from the manufacture, none of them want to replace it with new item. That's why I'm careful about where I buy any electronics even when purchased new, as you can't rely on the manufactures any more to get you a decent replacement.

Thread Information