Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    It takes 3 years to create a good game, less than 2 years and it is rushed. A studio just starting up doesn't indicate the game development there takes a step jump. Yes, there have been a couple new MS studios but the old fantasy that PC games would be easily ported to the console has been said since the original xbox, didn't happen.

In fact, since those early delusions, MS has shrunk its PC gaming to almost nothing, trying various strange feeble attempts at resurrection here and there but not really hitting the mark. Latest major example is MS Flight Simulator. After dismantling a studio that was over 20 years old, it reconstructs the flight sim studio several years later, this time in a free-to-play persistent online version that is robber baron like in DLC to make the game actually playable. This is the way they are going.

The only way MS "owned" 3rd party was only through hyping Halo and Gears to death, then when that started tapering off, to claim "ownage" of Call of Duty. This isn't going to work this next time around.
    I can easily see all the 3rd party multiplat titles easily transitioning over to the next xbox when it is released.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    And for each of those consoles I remember thinking that graphics could not get any better. Each time I was wrong. It is easy to look back now and see how the improvements could be made. But I watched the graphics evolve since 1985 and I thought the PS1 was the best we would ever see when it was out. Then I thought the PS2 has topped out on graphics. Then the 360, then the PS3....... See where I am going with this?
    Tbh I found (and still do) 360 and PS3 graphics to be pretty similar.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Tbh I found (and still do) 360 and PS3 graphics to be pretty similar.

Yeah... the more i play, the more i see this. Each has their "titles" but for the most part, you won't be able to tell the difference.
    Imagine something witty here

Elite Sage
    Can't really see Sony launching before MS. If they do it could be good and bad.

Elite Guru
    Let's keep in mind that Sony was later than it intended to be on the PS3 due to Blu ray Drive manufacturing issues. They were delayed by 6 months causing them to come out a year later than the 36o. Assuming no problems this time around there's not reason they should need to release early as long as they simply have a better system and learn from the other mistakes they made in regards to the PS3. Releaseing too early means they'll likely not be prepared with infrastructure, system functionality and game content.

The vita may be an excellent device at a worth while price but that's the only thing about it's launch that worked out. It's still missing a bunch of promised features, others are in flux iin a way that makes people wonder if they'll ever be implemented and the number of games worth playing (assuming you already have the PS3 versions of the direct ports) can be counted on one hand right now. Dont rush to market with this system Sony, first doesn't make you the winner, just ask Sega.

Thread Information