Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Well this developer who is actually named says otherwise. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...s-of-the-game/

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Yeah, that's correct. The PS2 excelled in its large library, as opposed to the Xbox, which boasted more impressive specs. And the Gamecube was largely superior to the PS2 due to its portability when compared to the competition and how impressive some of its titles looked i.e. Resident Evil 4 and the Metroid Prime games.

Then use the correct symbols next time, silly.

> is often used to signify when something is greater than something else.
    I was cooking dinner at the time i was just typing it quickly on my phone lol

Thank you itachi

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Mark Rein, vice president of Epic Games mentioned at GDC that they are excited for Wii U, and said it will do extremely well. He also said that he saw Batman: Arkham City running on it and the controller was adding an unique flavour to the game.

“I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people,” he said to Eurogamer at GDC.

“I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller.

“Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That’s what Nintendo is all about,” he added.

He also mentioned that Unreal Engine 3 is capable of a lot more, and it can definitely produce better visuals than the Zelda tech demo Nintendo showed for Wii U at E3 2011.

“Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content,” he said. “That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great.”
    Source
    Epic VP Mark Rein will be shocked if the Wii U isn't a hit for Nintendo when it launches later this year.

Sepaking to Eurogamer at GDC in San Francisco last week, Rein argued that parents are ready to upgrade their kid's Wii to Nintendo's new system.

"I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people," he predicted.

"I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller.

"Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would. That's what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great."

Rein added that Nintendo's brand recognition and beloved IP should see it fly off shelves, though he suggested that it might have been quicker off the mark with getting the machine to stores.

"It's a great brand that a lot of parents really trust and they're probably ready to buy their kids an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii.

"I'd love it if they'd done it last year, but I'm excited for them to do it this year. I'd be shocked if it doesn't do well.

"Did you play that Battle Mii game? Two players would play with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk and one would play with the Wii U controller?

"I would buy a Wii U to play that game in a heartbeat. And I hope people make those kind of games with our technology. I think we've yet to really see what the Wii U can do and I think at E3 this year they're going to shock us."

Earlier this year Nintendo president Satoru Iwata suggested that, more than ever, the company will be looking to partner with third parties when developing high-spec core games that fall outside of its traditional comfort zone.

Might Epic step up to the plate with a new IP for the system, a la Gears of War on the Xbox 360?

"If I had 10 development teams I'd make a game for every single platform and make that the special game for that platform," replied Rein.

"If you're the special game on that platform you do really, really well. Gears was one of the special ones on Xbox 360. Infinity Blade is a special game on the iPhone and iPad. Shadow Complex was a special game on Xbox Live Arcade.

"But we don't have 10 development teams so it's just a matter of picking and choosing what we do and doing the best thing we can for the idea that we have."
    Eurogamer

Elite Member

Nice to see this forum still seems to spring to life when controversy is afoot, but I suppose that's true of just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'll take a 1 month ban bet that the first Zelda game on Wii U doesn't look like the tech demo shown last year. Any takers?
    That's an awesome bet because it's almost impossible to lose. Granted, it could look worse or completely different like Wind Waker did compared to the original Spaceworld Zelda demo for the Gamecube. Although Twilight Princess ended up looking a lot better than said tech demo and it was much closer in design to it than Wind Waker was. Although historically speaking this has been the case. Just as Twilight Princess looking much different compared to the original GCN Zelda tech. demo, so did the final version of Ocarina of Time against the older Zelda 64 media.

Speaking of that Zelda Wii U demo, it's supposed to be in real time at the very least that is how it has been reported since it's not just simply running footage of a prerendered CG sequence. You were allowed to change the lighting and camera angle at will using the Wii U controller. If there is anything "pre meditated" about it, it's that the sequence itself was designed a certain way with Link entering a temple and facing off against Gohma but it wasn't just some mere running video. Depending on the game they make it could very well look like that based on the comments of the Twilight Princess art director, who was involved in the creation of the Wii U Zelda demo, however there's no plan for the next Zelda game to specifically look like that. The demo was simply made to show off what Wii U can do.

Elite Member
    Items Tommy VercettiGameboy PurpleNintendoThe X-Files
    A guy from Gearbox talks about Aliens: Colonial Marines and says WiiU version will look better and mentions more RAM and a better processor and "that kind of stuff" - http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/37082/wii-u-is-very-sexy-says-aliens-colonial-marines-chief/

EDIT: Just saw there's a thread about this already,
    Last edited by StaticAge; 04-04-2012 at 23:29.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Following a report that quoted unnamed developers saying that the Wii U isn't on a par with the 360 and PS3, Nintendo has told Yahoo's Digital Trends that the "experience of play" is what's important.

"We do not focus on technology specs," said the Nintendo of American representative. "We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers."

This doesn't confirm that the Wii U is less powerful than some current-gen consoles, but it doesn't flat-out deny it either.

The as-yet-unconfirmed original report Monday quoted an anonymous developer who's been working with Wii U. "It's not up to the same level as the PS3 or the 360... The graphics are just not as powerful," they alleged. Another developer at a "major company" is also quoted, saying "It doesn't produce graphics as well as the PS3 or the 360... it's not as capable. Sure, some things are better, mostly as a result of it being a more modern design. But overall the Wii U just can't quite keep up."

Other developers have gone on record to say how pleased they are to be working with the Wii U, Gearbox's Randy Pitchford among them - though that praise was focussed on the machine's unique capabilities rather than its graphical grunt.

Given the revolutionary potential of the Wii U's tablet controller, do graphics even matter for this particular console?
    IGN

Apprentice
    Who cares if its weak or slightly more powerful compared to ps3/xbox360, its going to sell 90+ million just like the Wii lol

Master Poster
    It's not even out yet and people say rubbish about it.... who cares if it's more or less powerful than ps3 or xbox, what matters is the games will be in HD

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I for one can't wait for some HD Mario and Zelda. I don't know if I'd get the system or not, but those are two franchises that could get me on board.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    E3 is just few weeks away,and i think all the info will be leaked 1 week before that,As rumours tend to get more credibility the sooner we get closer to E3.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Thread Information