Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am a college student and I was wondering should I purchase Microsoft Office which includes programs like Microsoft Word and Power Point? I am unsure, my new computer has Microsoft Starter or something, but is it necessary to buy the full version?
    Maybe it's not necessary but it'll make your life easier. No matter what the guys below say about open office being the same, its not. There's a reason why people shell out $149 for it time and time again.

You can use the free MS office online called MS office web apps. (It's saved me in my times of need.)

Then you can also sync your files from the desktop office to the online office to the mobile office on your phone. Any change you make in one will automatically change in all.

You can also save and retrieve your documents to the cloud with skydrive and open the documents online if the computer your on doesn't have office.

If you leave your personal computer powered on you can browse your documents on your personal computer while your away at work or in the computer lab or wherever.

-But hey, maybe open office can do these things. /s

2. Likes keefy likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I prefer Open Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Maybe it's not necessary but it'll make your life easier. No matter what the guys below say about open office being the same, its not. There's a reason why people shell out $149 for it time and time again.

You can use the free MS office online called MS office web apps. (It's saved me in my times of need.)

Then you can also sync your files from the desktop office to the online office to the mobile office on your phone. Any change you make in one will automatically change in all.

You can also save and retrieve your documents to the cloud with skydrive and open the documents online if the computer your on doesn't have office.

If you leave your personal computer powered on you can browse your documents on your personal computer while your away at work or in the computer lab or wherever.

-But hey, maybe open office can do these things. /s
    It's dependent upon your needs. There's no point in having MS Office if the person doesn't use those features. I prefer MS Office, though... but it's nice that there are options for broke people.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

5. Likes dreams likes this post

Thread Information